splatterhouse with terror mask statue ps3/360 $37.13 shipped @ gamestop.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

technicalstylez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (98%)
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Splatterhouse

splatterhouse on gamestop.com is 39.99 and now comes with the terror mask statue that was originally given out for preorders. mask statue comes with new splatterhouse games only (according to description).

use free shipping code "SAVER" and 15% off games over $25 code "15NEW".

my total came out to $37.13 after taxes but i live in CA so your tax might be cheaper. i think this is a good deal because the statue itself easily goes for $20 or more on ebay; although im keeping mine. the game also includes the 3 original splatterhouse games so its basically 4 games and a cool mask statue for under $40 shipped. i loved splatterhouse as a kid so this game has nostalgic value for me.

the 15% off coupon expires feb 21 -tomorrow- so buy it quickly if u can.
free mask offer is good online only, which is ok cuz with the codes its even cheaper than buying instore.

edit: 15NEW coupon code is dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads-up OP. I know a lot of people hate on the game but personally I love it, but I'm also a big fan of the franchise anyway. I already have it on the PS3 but might pick it up on the Xbox 360 for the statue.

[quote name='crr_1119']Thanks for the heads-up OP. I know a lot of people hate on the game but personally I love it, but I'm also a big fan of the franchise anyway. I already have it on the PS3 but might pick it up on the Xbox 360 for the statue.[/QUOTE]

no prob. glad ur supporting the franchise and namco usa- they definitely need the support if we want them to keep making console games.

Already own it on the PS3, but I might pickup a second copy for that mask. I wish I had known about this when I first bought the game. That's really freaking cool. I might get the 360 copy just to have both versions.

Edit: Came out to $36.39. Bought the 360 edition. Might hang on to it or might sell it. I just really wanted that mask since I'm a huge fan of the Splatterhouse series and that thing actually looks well made.

Ordered one, already have the game. Looks like the game goes for $30 on ebay, so it'll cost me around $!0 for the mask after fees and paying 36 for it. Not bad. I'm going to check the trade in on amazon.

Just a hair under $37 for me.

Was going to pass until I saw that unboxing... that mask is actually sizable and looks pretty bad ass. If it wasn't for the mask this would've probably been a $20 title for me, just due to the lackluster reviews.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Just a hair under $37 for me.

Was going to pass until I saw that unboxing... that mask is actually sizable and looks pretty bad ass. If it wasn't for the mask this would've probably been a $20 title for me, just due to the lackluster reviews.[/QUOTE]

reviews ive seen have been mixed; if u are expecting a groundbreaking game then u'll be disappointed, but if u are a fan of the franchise/genre and can appreciate it for what it is, then u'll love it. plus, being able to play the original games on my ps3 in hd makes it even better.

thanks op..got one only because of the mask. Flipping my game copy on ebay, only cuz I got the original copy for less on the Black Friday deal. Sucks that the mask was only a GS exclusive. Seems that GS is fighting to live another day against amazon by offering these "exclusives" wish the developers would just offer the same goodies to all retailers.

yw. amazon tiv is $25 so might wanna just do that instead of selling on ebay, considering it goes for about $30 on there, but then subtract ebay seller fees and paypal fees and its about the same amount.

Thanks OP! I've been on the fence about picking this game up, but at this price point with that mask it definitely seems worthwhile to me.

[quote name='technicalstylez']yw. amazon tiv is $25 so might wanna just do that instead of selling on ebay, considering it goes for about $30 on there, but then subtract ebay seller fees and paypal fees and its about the same amount.[/QUOTE]

Too late, already have it listed, and it already has bids

Thanks! Was $36.39 for me. I loved the game and have my copy from Gamefly. Can't wait to put the Terror Mask on my desk!

If anyone is looking for a decent deal on the Game and doesnt care about the mask, if you have a Family Video around they have it used for $19.99

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Too late, already have it listed, and it already has bids[/QUOTE]

never such thing as too late. as a seller u can close the auction at any time and aren't required to sell to anyone.

[quote name='seether254']the best part about that video was the kitten in the upper left corner.[/QUOTE]

and seether plays crappy music and is a band for sissies who can't handle metal. whats your point?

u are entitled to your opinion and thus i am entitled to mine, however i'd appreciate it if u didnt come into the thread to diss the game and mask when everyone else is excited about it and thankful for the post.

if u want to find other ways to waste your time, go sit in a corner and cry to a seether song.

any opinions on which version to get? and this might be a stupid question, but what is the difference between this and the one that Best Buy sells where the box says that it includes the original games?

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']any opinions on which version to get? and this might be a stupid question, but what is the difference between this and the one that Best Buy sells where the box says that it includes the original games?[/QUOTE]

They all come with the originals.

About the 3 old Splatterhouse games it comes with,do they have updated graphics or are they the exact same as they were when they came out?

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']any opinions on which version to get? and this might be a stupid question, but what is the difference between this and the one that Best Buy sells where the box says that it includes the original games?[/QUOTE]

only difference is the gamestop.com one comes with the mask statue, best buy one does not.

I really liked Splatterhouse up until the end when all the joy the game had got washed away in a pile of cheesy enemies.

That said, still one of the better beat-em-up games of the modern generation, and one of the very, very few to remember that a real beat-em-up needs to let you throw enemies around powerfully, viscerally.

Gah!!! 15NEW isnt working for me! And yes, I've retried, cleared cache, and all that crap. Looks like they might have killed the code early.

It figures.... :mad:

[quote name='Vap']About the 3 old Splatterhouse games it comes with,do they have updated graphics or are they the exact same as they were when they came out?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. But I'm wondering if they have their own trophies/cheevos?

I still think this is $20 too much, mask or not.

[quote name='Kaijuboy']Gah!!! 15NEW isnt working for me! And yes, I've retried, cleared cache, and all that crap. Looks like they might have killed the code early.

It figures.... :mad:

.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried as well for shits and giggles and got an error message.

[quote name='technicalstylez']and seether plays crappy music and is a band for sissies who can't handle metal. whats your point?

u are entitled to your opinion and thus i am entitled to mine, however i'd appreciate it if u didnt come into the thread to diss the game and mask when everyone else is excited about it and thankful for the post.

if u want to find other ways to waste your time, go sit in a corner and cry to a seether song.[/QUOTE]

Easy, pal. All he said was he liked the kitten in the video and you turn into an immature brat and act like he raped your mother. He didn't say a damn thing about you or this thread.

As for the deal, sooo damn tempting. Been wanting this game, but figured it'll be less than $10 in no time, but that mask is SWEET. But even so... don't think I can bring myself to spend more than $20 on this game, even with the mask.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Easy, pal. All he said was he liked the kitten in the video and you turn into an immature brat and act like he raped your mother. He didn't say a damn thing about you or this thread.

As for the deal, sooo damn tempting. Been wanting this game, but figured it'll be less than $10 in no time, but that mask is SWEET. But even so... don't think I can bring myself to spend more than $20 on this game, even with the mask.[/QUOTE]

1. chill out.
2. im not your pal.
3. his comment can be interpreted in different ways,
a. he really likes kittens
b. the mask is lame, so the best thing about that video is the kitten.
option a seemed unlikely (sarcasm also evidenced by his post in the thor thread) so i assumed b.
i dont appreciate people posting in a thread just to talk crap while others are thankful for it.

its called reading comprehension; you should read a book or two and stop trying to play hero.

ps seether if u just meant u really liked the kitten, then i apologize.

[quote name='technicalstylez']and seether plays crappy music and is a band for sissies who can't handle metal. whats your point?

if u want to find other ways to waste your time, go sit in a corner and cry to a seether song.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant it to be funny, or at least I agreed with a smile on my face.

yeah i apologized if he meant it that way in my previous post...just tired of people trolling in deal threads ya know? its like, if u dont like a game or deal, then why even waste your time posting in the thread? ..perhaps its too much to ask..

[quote name='technicalstylez']yeah i apologized if he meant it that way in my previous post...just tired of people trolling in deal threads ya know? its like, if u dont like a game or deal, then why even waste your time posting in the thread? ..perhaps its too much to ask..[/QUOTE]

Do I get an apology, too?

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']damn it OP why would you post this? now I just may buy the game only because of the mask. Wonder what the TIV is....[/QUOTE]

lol tiv for ps3 is 25, 360 is 17.50. the 15NEW code seems to be dead though so it'll cost more now.

I tried ordering this with my $10 credit I got from RDR awhile back, but they won't let me use it even though it expires in 2012. Then I tried to use the 15new but that's not working either. Guess I'll order it when it goes lower in price even though I really wanted the mask..

I really enjoyed this game. The load times are annoying and the last part of the game has way too many battles, but the story, graphics, and atmosphere were all great. It's a fine sequel to a classic game.

It seems like gamestop's pre-order bonuses aren't as limited as you think. First Alterlier Ronona, now this...

I'll bite on this game when it hits the $15 range.

Seriously, WTF is up with this deal? I'm thinking I want it, I'll bite at $40 since this is a GS exclusive, I get 4 games out of the deal, yeah it may go lower, but only to $29.99

So, I see that tons of stores have it for 'Pickup@Store' I called 4 of them and they all say they don't have the mask, and don't trust the online info. Bullshit! So I guess I'm deducing that the mask is a 'ship-loose' item that was probably sent to stores and handed out without so much as even a sku to enter the system, like freebies of yester-year..how far off base am I on that? I might just have to pop into one of these stores and call their bluff..

As far as I know the masks were preorder bonuses and not packed in with the game, so I wouldn't bank on the store having it. The employees probably got to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back