Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (XBOX and PS2) $9.99 at Best Buy

Which is the best version to buy? I'm guessing Xbox. I got the Gamecube version at TRU for $9.99, but then read it was glitchy and by far the worst of the console versions, so I guess I'm taking it back and getting the Xbox version if I can find it at Best Buy once the dust has settled.

Thanks. Just crossed BB off my places to visit today. :D I passed my local BB at 10 PM on my way to CompUSA and there was already a pretty long line...(and it was nearly 0 degrees with the wind chill!)

IIRC the xbox version has better graphics (obviously), but the ps2 has a special move.

it's something like you can hide in water and when a guard walks by you can jump out and pull him in. but i think there's only one place in the game where you can do it.

BB's website is all screwed up. :lol: Must be a zillion people hitting it since now some stores are taking their BF deals online. Or just do what I did in the future, once you find out what's going to be on sale for BF (learned from the BF thread here), go the store a week ahead when they most likely have the item in stock, and buy it and then walk in casually on BF and price match it! I bought SC:CT at BB last week and instead of waiting in line at 5AM, I just walked in this morning at 7:30 (I had to be at work by 8:30) and checked out if there was anything of interest to me, and then went over to customer service and got the price difference back on the game. :D I can tell you from experience that #1 customer service is open when the store opens so don't be afraid to buy ahead of item and be guaranteed in hand item on BF and #2 checking out at customer service is SO Much faster on BF than waiting on those horrendous lines at the registers! I walked in and out of BB in 20 minutes. While seeing the same people waiting on line at the registers the whole time.

Xbox is the only decent version, all the others really, really, really suck. Read the reviews if you don't believe me.

BTW, I just sold my limited edition version for $15. Maybe I'll get another and make some more profit :D

Was at my local BB this morning around 11am.
There were a whole bunch of 'em for the PS2 still on the shelf. Actually, I was surprised and was half convinced they'd be all sold out.

But I grabbed one, got to the check out (line was long, but I was through it in 5 mins.), and used the $5 off coupon. So in and out in under 10 minutes, and I got the game for $5 and change (after tax).

I just bought this today, but after reading about how it's so technically inferior and changed compared to the Xbox version, I'm considering either returning it or selling it online. Then again, at $5, I can't really lose, can I?

[quote name='jjz203']BB's website is all screwed up. :lol: Must be a zillion people hitting it since now some stores are taking their BF deals online. Or just do what I did in the future, once you find out what's going to be on sale for BF (learned from the BF thread here), go the store a week ahead when they most likely have the item in stock, and buy it and then walk in casually on BF and price match it! I bought SC:CT at BB last week and instead of waiting in line at 5AM, I just walked in this morning at 7:30 (I had to be at work by 8:30) and checked out if there was anything of interest to me, and then went over to customer service and got the price difference back on the game. :D I can tell you from experience that #1 customer service is open when the store opens so don't be afraid to buy ahead of item and be guaranteed in hand item on BF and #2 checking out at customer service is SO Much faster on BF than waiting on those horrendous lines at the registers! I walked in and out of BB in 20 minutes. While seeing the same people waiting on line at the registers the whole time.[/QUOTE]

Circuit City this year had giant had written signs on the doors stating they wouldn't be honoring price matches/adjustments during the 6 hour sale, hope no one had tried that there. Oh, and on topic grabbed this in store yesterday. :)

Got the Xbox version today at Best Buy. Surprisingly, they had stacks of both PS2 and Xbox versions left. Got two hours left on the west coast if anyone still has to pick it up.

If anyone wants to trade me anything for the Gamecube version before I take back to Toys'R'Us, check my trade list below.

[quote name='speedy05']how are you guys getting it for $5.00? what coupon are you using?[/QUOTE]

There's a "$5 off any PS2 game" coupon in another thread--it's been around for months and still good until 12/31. Just print yourself out a few of these guys, and stick them in your wallet. Then any time you buy a game at BB, pull a coupon out of your wallet and--boom! Instant $5 discount!

I'm 2/2 on getting it to work. I've never been hassled about it either time, even though it says "no copies".

bread's done
Back