Splinter Cell: Conviction at Best Buy for $40, $30 with Reward Zone coupon

aporter727

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just snagged a copy of Splinter Cell:Conviction at Best Buy for $32 including tax. They're currently running a sale for $40, but they also have a $10 off reward zone coupon up on their site thats good until the 19th. It states that it's not good on sale prices, but it seems some cashiers don't care too much. The woman I presented the coupon to read through the whole thing, and still scanned it. I suppose it's worth a try in other stores as well. I've attached a screenshot of the coupon. You must be a reward zone member for this.

bestbuy.jpg

wow great deal, wish i give my 360 away....once I got a PS3 99% of what I played was multiplatform or ps3-exclusive so besides forza 3, this and mass effect 2 i hadnt needed 2 consoles

oh well...ill pick up PC version

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']wow great deal, wish i give my 360 away....once I got a PS3 99% of what I played was multiplatform or ps3-exclusive so besides forza 3, this and mass effect 2 i hadnt needed 2 consoles

oh well...ill pick up PC version[/QUOTE]

Well you can always get Iron-Man 2 or Skate 3 for $10 off with this coupon.... ;)

Too Bad the coupon states "Not Valid on Sale Items". Though let this be a YMMV on SC:C for $30.

Though from the sound of it, that this is a Price Drop to the $40 MSRP and Best Buy has it as a 'Sale'. Sooo....Hopefully next week the MSRP at Best Buy will be $39.99 and then the coupon will work with out any possible hassle.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']thats weird, why does the coupon have skate 2 on one and skate 3 on the other...definitely a typo![/QUOTE]
Yeah it is, the SKU 9865018 is for Skate 3

Thanks OP. I was able to get the coupon to work on Splinter Cell with no problem. Pretty sure the cashier just read enough to make sure it went with the game.

[quote name='vessey632']Thanks OP. I was able to get the coupon to work on Splinter Cell with no problem. Pretty sure the cashier just read enough to make sure it went with the game.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see someone else cashed in on this. Looks like This game is going to be $37 next week at Target in case anyone can't get it this week at Best Buy.

[quote name='Survivalism']It's $41.99 new at Gamestop (shut up and ask for a sealed copy) so $40 isn't the deal of the century.[/QUOTE]

it's $30 (w/ coupon). now THAT is the deal of the century.

[quote name='Jqwerty']it's $30 (w/ coupon). now THAT is the deal of the century.[/QUOTE] A ton of people here just got the Collectors Edition for $31.49 shipped.....

YMMV!!! I've tried doing this before, but the coupon won't scan on top of the sale price. Then if the cashier reads the coupon they will notice the coupon won't work if the item is on sale.

(Although my friend tried the same thing and the cashier was dumb enough to get the manager to override it)

[quote name='Survivalism']It's $41.99 new at Gamestop (shut up and ask for a sealed copy) so $40 isn't the deal of the century.[/QUOTE]

I didn't make this post because it was on sale for $40. I made it to tell other CAGs that it seems if you can get the customer service rep to scan the coupon for $10 off, then the price will be $30. Is $30 better than $40 at Gamestop? I think so...

[quote name='Envel']A ton of people here just got the Collectors Edition for $31.49 shipped.....[/QUOTE]

This is for people who didn't get in on that deal... obviously.

[quote name='stevo1002']YMMV!!! I've tried doing this before, but the coupon won't scan on top of the sale price. Then if the cashier reads the coupon they will notice the coupon won't work if the item is on sale.

(Although my friend tried the same thing and the cashier was dumb enough to get the manager to override it)[/QUOTE]

My coupon scanned perfectly fine. No need for an override.

[quote name='stevo1002']YMMV!!! I've tried doing this before, but the coupon won't scan on top of the sale price. Then if the cashier reads the coupon they will notice the coupon won't work if the item is on sale.

(Although my friend tried the same thing and the cashier was dumb enough to get the manager to override it)[/QUOTE]

Like the OP mine scanned fine with no override. You may have just had a bad printout.

Oh...if this isn't official, then no way I'd get it. I have to argue with people at Best Buy just to get the advertised sale.

bread's done
Back