Splinter Cell: Conviction Collector's Edition Xbox 360 $67.25 + $3 S&H

From experience UbiSoft LE's blow...o wait Assassin's Creed got it right. Let me rephrase, from experience "Tom Clancy" LE's blow...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']From experience UbiSoft LE's blow...o wait Assassin's Creed got it right. Let me rephrase, from experience "Tom Clancy" LE's blow...[/QUOTE]

•An exclusive Sam Fisher statue
•Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction game in unique SteelBook case
•Infiltration Mode : Eliminate all hostiles in the mission area without being detected
•A special playable skin: Shadow Armor
•Early access to 3 weapons: SC300, SR2 and MP5
•The official Splinter Cell Conviction Soundtrack (more than 17 tracks)

Looks pretty cool to me.

[quote name='cycophuk']•An exclusive Sam Fisher statue
•Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction game in unique SteelBook case
•Infiltration Mode : Eliminate all hostiles in the mission area without being detected
•A special playable skin: Shadow Armor
•Early access to 3 weapons: SC300, SR2 and MP5
•The official Splinter Cell Conviction Soundtrack (more than 17 tracks)

Looks pretty cool to me.[/QUOTE]

that's the old list that isn't valid anymore. You don't get a figure or soundtrack. Also Infiltration mode can be unlocked with uPlay points you simply get for beating the game.

• Custom USB Drive - Compatible with Xbox 360, the drive contains exclusive media including: ‘making of’ video, wallpaper, concept art, storyboards and more.

• "Fifth Freedom: The Art of Splinter Cell" - A hardbound Prima book of Splinter Cell art, including all games in the series and in-depth commentary and notes.

• Exclusive in-game Items - The MP5-SD3 submachine gun and an exclusive 3rd Echelon outfit.

• Collectable Decals - Exclusive Collector’s Edition decals include: 3rd Echelon logo decal and the Bullet Hole decal.

• "Digging in the Ashes" Comic Book - Digital comic book detailing the sequence of events preceding Splinter Cell Conviction.

• Steelbook DVD Case - Case with embossed metallic etching and iconic bullet hole imagery.

I'm just on the fence because of the stupid AC2 LE which ended up being "rare". For those who don't remember the last Splinter Cell LE dropped pretty well over the year and is about 6 bucks now.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'm just on the fence because of the stupid AC2 LE which ended up being "rare". For those who don't remember the last Splinter Cell LE dropped pretty well over the year and is about 6 bucks now.[/QUOTE]

Really? Where?

I didn't know they got rid of the statue. Bummer!

The game got great review from IGN with a 9.3 and Edge gave it 8, which is high by Edge standards. I'm keeping my pre-order despite the loss of the statue.

[quote name='kidrocklive']that's the old list that isn't valid anymore. You don't get a figure or soundtrack. Also Infiltration mode can be unlocked with uPlay points you simply get for beating the game.

• Custom USB Drive - Compatible with Xbox 360, the drive contains exclusive media including: ‘making of’ video, wallpaper, concept art, storyboards and more.*

• "Fifth Freedom: The Art of Splinter Cell" - A hardbound Prima book of Splinter Cell art, including all games in the series and in-depth commentary and notes.

• Exclusive in-game Items - The MP5-SD3 submachine gun and an exclusive 3rd Echelon outfit.

• Collectable Decals - Exclusive Collector’s Edition decals include: 3rd Echelon logo decal and the Bullet Hole decal.

• "Digging in the Ashes" Comic Book - Digital comic book detailing the sequence of events preceding Splinter Cell Conviction.

• Steelbook DVD Case - Case with embossed metallic etching and iconic bullet hole imagery.

* may or may not work[/QUOTE]

Fixed

I expect an announcement on Monday that, due to production issues, all of the extras in the collector's edition have been replaced by a bag of dog shit.

[quote name='11440']Fixed

I expect an announcement on Monday that, due to production issues, all of the extras in the collector's edition have been replaced by a bag of dog shit.[/QUOTE]
:O A bag of DOG SHIT? Quick! Put in your pre-orders before they raise the price!

how the hell did these ship out with faulty drives...epic fault yet again from ubisoft. this will drop in price soon enough.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It'll drop to $40 in 2 weeks. Why anyone would preorder an ubisoft game is beyond me.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you there, I think I've finally learned my lesson with UBI games. I will be waitng a few for this one.

I'd get it for 50 if anyone has any coupons that can bring it down that low at launch. Otherwise, I'm feeling (and hoping) it drops quick since I'm not willing to pay full price at launch.

I love these new 3 big mode design schemes but I think when people hear the game has a 5 hour main campaign that that will probably hurt sales a good bit.

IGN reports it's a five hour game. No one needs a collector's edition. That works out to be about $15/hour of gameplay.

[quote name='mindsale']IGN reports it's a five hour game. No one needs a collector's edition. That works out to be about $15/hour of gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Co-Op? Multi player? Hello?

Don't tell me you bought Modern Warfare 2 just for the single player as well.

That's a multiplayer-focused title. This isn't. I'm sure the multiplayer would be a nice distraction (if I paid for Live), but I can wait for the Ubisoft special (a month from now the game is free with a purchase of Prince of Persia-themed socks). Or just forgo the game on 360 during its timed exclusivity and wait 9 months for a deluxe edition with all the DLC on PS3.

[quote name='mindsale']IGN reports it's a five hour game. No one needs a collector's edition. That works out to be about $15/hour of gameplay.[/QUOTE]

The game also has co-op mode that should give you a combined 10-15 hours of game play excluding the multi-player. That is above standard these days....

bread's done
Back