Splinter Cell: Double Agent LE $19.99 (xbox 360) at Amazon

triforcer

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/Clancys-Splin..._7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1234409772&sr=8-7

it's not the standard version but the "limited with golden key promo" whatever that means. my guess is it's just the regular version with some key for some out dated promotion. not sure how much of a deal this is either since it's a 2 year old game, but i never seen it cheaper than 30 bucks for it's standard price.

*it is the limited edition version, the red cover one. comes with a bonus dvd with a documentaries and interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
think its 4.97 if you can find it on clearance at sears, could be the ps3 version im thinking of though, not sure. if not i know that one is 9.97, one is 4.97, so either way cheaper if you check sears. also 9 bucks used at gamestop.

also, saw a copy at HWV for 12.99 new i think it was. passed though. i owned it awhile back and didnt like it too much.

not a bad price though just listing soem other spots i saw it cheaper.

good looking out, but i ordered it anyways. been a big fan of splinter cell series and this one seems like it took forever to drop price. this and crackdown which i did get on the cheap last time.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']think its 4.97 if you can find it on clearance at sears, could be the ps3 version im thinking of though, not sure. if not i know that one is 9.97, one is 4.97, so either way cheaper if you check sears. also 9 bucks used at gamestop.

also, saw a copy at HWV for 12.99 new i think it was. passed though. i owned it awhile back and didnt like it too much.

not a bad price though just listing soem other spots i saw it cheaper.[/quote]

You got it backwards, 360 version is $9.97 at Sears, ps3 version is $4.97.

great game for a great price. thanks i am defintly going to bite on this!
transparent_pixel.gif

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']The Limited Edition is $19.99 at Fry's if anyone wants.[/quote]
the amazon deal may also be the limited edition too.

[quote name='triforcer']the amazon deal may also be the limited edition too.[/quote]

It is, read the description.

[quote name='iRent']It is, read the description.[/quote]
o sweet, missed that little blurb. they're usually more in depth with photos for the LE of game. i'll change the thread name to show it.

this is one game where the regular Xbox version is considered very superior to the 360 version. don't ask me why but that's what everyone says...

[quote name='wildnuts02']this is one game where the regular Xbox version is considered very superior to the 360 version. don't ask me why but that's what everyone says...[/QUOTE]

i think it has to do with the changing of gameplay mechanics in both single player and multiplayer. the xbox version is essentially built on chaos theory and plays similar while the 360 version doesn't. its because ubisoft shanghai studio made the 360 version while montreal did the xbox version, they switch off apparently. so i wouldn't say superior, more like different because even the story is slightly different. although the xbox version does have co-op missions like chaos theory.

[quote name='wildnuts02']this is one game where the regular Xbox version is considered very superior to the 360 version. don't ask me why but that's what everyone says...[/quote]

Ubisoft Montreal created Splinter Cell and its sequels. They worked on Splinter Cell Double Agent for last gen (PS2/Xbox/GC/Wii) and had Ubisoft Shanghai do the current gen versions (PC/360/PS3). Current gen version is not as good because the Ubisoft Shanghai team is not that great of a developer plus it wasn't even their franchise to begin with...

hope this game dies!!, and takes endwar and conviction with it!!! I remember the days when splinter cell was still the xbox answer to the metal gears. now its a crap-marathon and an exercise in lame. Conviction was Even delay because of quality issues

Having both versions, I would say that the xbox version is the better of the two. But still, the 360 version isn't a bad game. The infiltration levels were fun and pretty nerve-racking. Obviously, this version also looks alot better.

What a fantastic game. The optional objectives to maximize the playing of both sides is really quite great. Not sure why this game never got the props it deserved.

This game sucks. I don't know why anyone would want the LE this late in the game, but do realize you can get this just about anywhere for under 10 bucks.

Use your next "Used 360 20% off coupon" and stack with Edge at Gamestop and pick it up for about $6. You really can't go wrong with this game for

This goes under the heading, $19.99? Isn't that the price all the time?

I for one loved the game but nearly swore off Ubisoft on the way the completely abandoned (and admitted to) the horrible PC version.

[quote name='Zimmy']This goes under the heading, $19.99? Isn't that the price all the time?

I for one loved the game but nearly swore off Ubisoft on the way the completely abandoned (and admitted to) the horrible PC version.[/quote]
well i've been keeping an eye on this game for a while and it was consistently at 30 dollars. those who said you can get it new for 10 are talking about YMMV clearances.

[quote name='raiser']BTW: Confrontation looks like ass, I hope they figure it out before release, or just regress back to what made SC great in the past instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.[/quote]

How can it look like ass, if you never seen it before.

it seems like mgs4 is more like splinter cell than conviction does. i hope they do improve it, cause the game doesn't look as good.

bread's done
Back