Splinter Cell Double Agent - Limited Edition Contents

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Appearently what Scorch was talking about was just the tutorial mode[/quote]

No, it's not. I check up on things before posting.

Mercenaries also have technology that gives spies a white outline when spotted, making them easier to pick out. This only works when a spy is in full standing mode, at which point they're extremely visible, so a crafty spy will always want to stay crouched to avoid this problem. But, of course, once you've spotted and are firing on a spy, they'll want to get out of there as fast as possible, so they'll naturally be in a full upright position as they flee. That just makes them all the easier to keep track of as you're trying to gun them down.

From a yahoo UK source, here's gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_article.php?topic_id=24832002&union_id=4786&print=1

Also streamlined are the gadgets. All players can carry only one at a time now -- though you can swap out gadgets by returning to your spawn point - and the toy roster has been paired way down (for instance, mines are gone). But all is not literally lost: mercs now have a built-in proximity detector, which rumbles your controller when spies are within a certain range of you. The harder it rumbles the closer they are. And if they run in your view, your HUD picks it up, drawing a white outline around the pest until he's left your sight.

[quote name='Scorch']Numbero Dos, and this COMPLETELY kills multiplayer for me, whenever spies move around, to balance out the gameplay, they're now outlines in a big bright white light. They even showed a picture of a spy moving in the dark.. you can't see anything except his outline. That's completely fucking lame, half the fun of being a Merc was the sense of paranoia it gave you. I really, really hope that you can turn this option off.[/QUOTE]
If you played the last one online, you'll realize that you try to focus on sneaking behind a Merc. You can move all you want, behind a Merc, and you won't have to worry about them spotting your aura.

The feeling of paranoia is still there, as the Merc will be more inclined to look over his shoulder (which wasn't much there in the last titles), and as the Spy will be more inclined to sneak behind Mercs, and limit their speed, which leads me into the next paragraph.

Word is, the aura appears when you run, nut when you sneak. I hope that's true. If not, it'll change the gameplay up -- it won't make it easier for either class.

This will make the Spies focus more on sneaking, as opposed to running around the map like madmen, like they did in Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory.

bread's done
Back