Splinter Cell HD Collection (6/21)

maxim2boobles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
79-267-101-02.jpg

Splinter Cell Trilogy will release on 6/21/2011

Included on one single disc exclusively for the Playstation 3 are Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, and Splinter Cell: Chaos
Theory.

SPLINTER CELL: This game gives you access to the highest level of national security when you take on the role of Sam Fisher, a field operative of a secretive "black-ops" NSA sub-agency called Third Echelon. You are geared up to break into high-security strongholds, seize critical intelligence, destroy threatening data and neutralize the enemy -- all without leaving a trace. Are you up to it?

PANDORA TOMORROW: Infiltrate terrorists' positions, acquire critical intelligence by any means necessary, execute with extreme prejudice, and exit without a trace. You are Sam Fisher, a highly trained secret operative of the NSA's secret arm: Third Echelon. The world balance is in your hands, as cyber terrorism and international tensions are about to explode into WW III.

CHAOS THEORY: As secret agent Sam Fisher, you are tasked with tracking down and eliminating some of the world's most notorious perpetrators of this newest type of warfare, and to eliminate the new threat of global information warfare. Achieve primary and optional secondary objectives and negotiate missions with multiple pathways. Features all-new weapons and gadgets, including a knife, electronic jammers and the newly customizable SC-20K modular weapons platform.

-Re-mastered in HD quality. Gameplay, Cinematic, Maps, Menus, Loading screens, and more are visually enhanced.

-Supports online leaderboard and achievements / trophies system to help foster an online community aspect for the original games.

-3D stereoscopy view integrated into each game to use with 3D enabled televisions.

-All games will run in spotless frame rate of sixty frames per second, which allows for more fluid game control and an overall heightened Splinter Cell experience. 30 FPS in 3D view

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thunder_gamer']It would be great IF Conviction is coming to PS3.[/QUOTE]

It is never coming to to ps3. However, soon youll be abe to get a 360 and splinter cell for like 99 bucks lol.

Conviction is a piece of shit compared to Chaos Theory. I'll be picking this up along with the Prince of Persia Trilogy.

Thanks to these collections older established series will get additional revenue to bring new versions that hopefully meet up to the expectations of the originals. $40 ain't bad either. If they can get a 3rd game to fit with LBP & modnation racers for $40 that would be great. Same with killzone, MAG & resistance.

So this will just be the PS2 versions updated to HD resolution I presume? The xbox versions looked much better as I recall.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']It would be great IF Conviction is coming to PS3.[/QUOTE]

Conviction was an okay game, but it doesn't deserve the Splinter Cell title. The first three were all better than Conviction.

[quote name='Uracat']So this will just be the PS2 versions updated to HD resolution I presume? The xbox versions looked much better as I recall.[/QUOTE]
Yep, no multiplayer either.

The only thing I won't like about this is the multiplayer, seemingly because no one will be playing them probably.

Unless there's trophies for them, then I might get a random game.

That's if they even include the dated multi.

There are like four posts before yours saying there will be no MP :lol:

Anyhow, I liked Conviction, it was better than Double Agent IMO. Notice how everyone left DA out? :lol: it's cause it sucked!

Never followed Splinter Cell but thinking about this set to get me started, but if I recall weren't there four PS2 era games? Why are there only three here?

I got both Prince of Persia Trio & Splinter Cell Trio on PS2. No reason to paying $40 each. I may bite it when it drop down $20 or less. It'll be under $15 by Black Friday in 2011 ;) lol

1. God of War 1 & 2 Collection $10
2. Sly Collection $20

Not sure if this is worth the price really... not when the xbox trilogy can be had for like $8. Also, while the first three are great all around I don't really feel compelled to play any of them except for Chaos Theory again.

Since the topic is bound to stay around, I thought Conviction was pretty awesome. Its definitely not as stealth-centric as the others, but the way people were talking I thought the game was going to be nothing like the other SCs yet there was plenty there for a fan to appreciate.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I got both Prince of Persia Trio & Splinter Cell Trio on PS2. No reason to paying $40 each. I may bite it when it drop down $20 or less. It'll be under $15 by Black Friday in 2011 ;) lol

1. God of War 1 & 2 Collection $10
2. Sly Collection $20[/QUOTE]

if people continue to be stingy then sony will have no incentive releasing HD remakes.

i agree , it sucks that there is no multiplayer but for $40 its still a good deal.

[quote name='Uracat']So this will just be the PS2 versions updated to HD resolution I presume? The xbox versions looked much better as I recall.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they are porting the PC versions since they were of better quality. No MP does suck, but the collection will still be worth the asking price. These are the best stealth games ever made with a console in mind. (Thief still trumps it, but is considered a PC series).

[quote name='maxim2boobles']if people continue to be stingy then sony will have no incentive releasing HD remakes.

i agree , it sucks that there is no multiplayer but for $40 its still a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Can you blame them? A lot of the HD collections released aren't ones people have been most vocal about... I got GoW and will get ICO/SotC on day one. Everything, I'll wait on. The only other one I'd get day one is MGS, if they make one.

I'm wondering if I should wait to play all the games in order once this comes out. I have a $10 copy of Conviction sitting on my shelf, sealed.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm wondering if I should wait to play all the games in order once this comes out. I have a $10 copy of Conviction sitting on my shelf, sealed.[/QUOTE]

May as well at this point. Conviction has the slickest presentation, but the gameplay in these first three games are superior from what I recall.

[quote name='Vinny']Can you blame them? A lot of the HD collections released aren't ones people have been most vocal about... I got GoW and will get ICO/SotC on day one. Everything, I'll wait on. The only other one I'd get day one is MGS, if they make one.[/QUOTE]

I'm not excited about this either

princemortal530.jpg

[quote name='Yanksfan']May as well at this point. Conviction has the slickest presentation, but the gameplay in these first three games are superior from what I recall.[/QUOTE]

Exactly correct. The first 3 are the best gameplay, and Double Agent last gen can be included with that for the most part. It plays more like a true SC than the next gen version does.

Ah, another treat for me, I love those HD collections. Three platinum trophies, what's to hate? I have every HD collection so far (eh, only three released anyway and PoP is from UK, lol). All I can say is pure awesomeness for $40 (but we all know there will be deals).

bread's done
Back