Splinter Cell HD Trilogy (PS3) $15.99 with FS - Newegg

[quote name='Scorch']stop buying this. You're encouraging future gimped rereleases. You should not buy this due to the lack of multiplayer features.[/QUOTE]

Poor quality control in terms of the regular single player experiences, too. I'm sure they test these releases, but they don't bother to fix things since people will buy it out of curiosity, fandom, or not having any option other than what was already available (buying an older system but not having the HD features).

Really debating at this price. I own the xbox originals and refused to buy this until I heard inverted controls were available, but now I'm not so sure. Think I'll end up passing due to the overall consensus that it's a shoddy remake.

Went ahead and got it even though I already have all 3 games installed on my Xbox hardrive and the last 2 are in HD.

I cant believe how great of a deal this is compared to the PSN download versions. Hope this happens to the Jax and Daxter collection soon.

[quote name='Prismatico']Poor quality control in terms of the regular single player experiences, too. I'm sure they test these releases, but they don't bother to fix things since people will buy it out of curiosity, fandom, or not having any option other than what was already available (buying an older system but not having the HD features).[/QUOTE]

I was actually going to refrain from saying this, but I honestly just suggest folks pick up the PC versions on the cheap elsewhere instead of getting this. My previous posts about the control issues are really more indicative of a lazy port effort on Ubi's part, than a cautionary suggestion. After reading a bit more, I'm going to have to agree that folks might actually want to save their cash on principle, as this does sort of set a standard I hope doesn't continue with future/possible re-releases.

That said, I think it's a good deal at this price for the three games, especially for trophy hunters, so please don't avoid it based solely on one guys opinion. Weigh your options, and decide what's the best thing for you to do.

I'd love to get this for the trophies, but looking through the Splinter Cell forum on ps3trophies.org, it sounds like some of the harder trophies are glitchy.

[quote name='Scorch']stop buying this. You're encouraging future gimped rereleases. You should not buy this due to the lack of multiplayer features.[/QUOTE]

that's like saying stop drinking beer, you know how addictive this stuff is!

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']
That said, I think it's a good deal at this price for the three games, especially for trophy hunters, so please don't avoid it based solely on one guys opinion. Weigh your options, and decide what's the best thing for you to do.[/QUOTE]

Several trophies are glitched for a lot of people, though, so that's not exactly a good reason to buy it. From what I've found you might get screwed out of the ones that actually take a bit of effort other than simply playing the game.

That being said, that doesn't mean fans or people that wanted to play them should absolutely avoid them just because we think it's wrong for Ubisoft to put out crippled re-releases. At least be aware of the potential problems some have had with save corruptions and otherwise, and if these things don't bother you then obviously we can't stop you from buying it so go for it.

For me, I rented it and ran into issues in each game, and while I definitely found Chaos Theory to be the most enjoyable, constant audio glitches in a stealth game ruined any sense of immersion for me so I eventually gave up.

bread's done
Back