Splinter Cell - Original - Prepping for New Release

DocBledsoe

CAGiversary!
I paid 8.00 in the store yesterday (eBgames). The box even had a 4.99 receipt in it from the last dope that bought it. They wouldn't budge on price but I wasn't going to gamestop. Awesome game. Will get Pandora next week.

Anyway...
How can these Tom Clancy games be so good (like Ghost Recon 2) and the original Ghost and Rainbow 6 games be so bad? I know my opinion is off b/c I played GR2 first, but the control systems and poor AI, and dont get me started on how sorry your squad is....they suck. GR, GR: Island Thunder, Rain6, Rain6: Blk Arrow are all AWFUL compared to GR2. Splinter Cell is amazing though - after all these years.

[quote name='DocBledsoe']I paid 8.00 in the store yesterday (eBgames). The box even had a 4.99 receipt in it from the last dope that bought it. They wouldn't budge on price but I wasn't going to gamestop. Awesome game. Will get Pandora next week.

Anyway...
How can these Tom Clancy games be so good (like Ghost Recon 2) and the original Ghost and Rainbow 6 games be so bad? I know my opinion is off b/c I played GR2 first, but the control systems and poor AI, and dont get me started on how sorry your squad is....they suck. GR, GR: Island Thunder, Rain6, Rain6: Blk Arrow are all AWFUL compared to GR2. Splinter Cell is amazing though - after all these years.[/quote]

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you. I enjoyed Ghost Recon too, and immensely enjoyed Rainbow Six 3.

yeah i liked the originals too. I played a lot of Rogue Spear back a while ago and loved that game. I've also read all of the Clancy novels, and the older ones were great! Anyway, the splinter cell games rock too!

[quote name='DocBledsoe'] How can these Tom Clancy games be so good (like Ghost Recon 2)....[/quote]

I stopped reading right there...

GR2 sucks.

It was good because we knew no better. Nothing better was out. Sorta like how GTA3 was the shit at the time, but now everyone talks about GTA:SA and would bash you if you said GTA3 was better than GTA:SA.

[quote name='Scorch']GR2 sucks.

It was good because we knew no better. Nothing better was out. Sorta like how GTA3 was the shit at the time, but now everyone talks about GTA:SA and would bash you if you said GTA3 was better than GTA:SA.[/quote]

yeah because SA is arguably better than 3, but not many people will say that 3 sux.

[quote name='Scorch']GR2 sucks.[/quote]

Yeah, paid full price for it at launch...my worst impulse buy ever. Well, besides for Tomb Raider: AOD :roll:

[quote name='Saurus'][quote name='Scorch']GR2 sucks.[/quote]

Yeah, paid full price for it at launch...my worst impulse buy ever. Well, besides for Tomb Raider: AOD :roll:[/quote]

Ouch..... :cry:

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='Saurus']Yeah, paid full price for it at launch...[/quote]

Them's fighting words here at CAG![/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='Saurus'][quote name='Scorch']GR2 sucks.[/quote]

Yeah, paid full price for it at launch...my worst impulse buy ever. Well, besides for Tomb Raider: AOD :roll:[/quote]

And I thought I made a bad decision by buying F-Zero GX for $50 at launch (but I got a game free with it :wink: ).

[quote name='Scorch']GR2 sucks.

It was good because we knew no better. Nothing better was out. Sorta like how GTA3 was the shit at the time, but now everyone talks about GTA:SA and would bash you if you said GTA3 was better than GTA:SA.[/quote]

This post makes no damn sense. First you say GR2 sucks then basically explain what I am saying.

Graphics and gameplay on the originals are just wretched compared to the new one. I made the mistake of playing the new one first. didnt make that mistake with splinter cell.

Yeah Splinter Cell games are fucking sweet. However I disagree that Ghost Recon 2 is good, and Rainbow Six is bad. Rainbow Six is pretty fun solo and online. But I think Splinter Cell is as good if not better than the MGS games on PS2. Oh well I can't wait for Chaos Theory.

[quote name='Jrunt20x'][quote name='Saurus'][quote name='Scorch']GR2 sucks.[/quote]

Ouch..... :cry:[/quote]

Hmm, were you mesmerized by Lara Croft's big rack?...:wink:

[quote name='FrankySox']Yeah Splinter Cell games are shaq-fuing sweet. However I disagree that Ghost Recon 2 is good, and Rainbow Six is bad. Rainbow Six is pretty fun solo and online. But I think Splinter Cell is as good if not better than the MGS games on PS2. Oh well I can't wait for Chaos Theory.[/quote]

GR2 Sucks on PS2. But then again most PS2 games tend to smell compared to xbox.

not to be a hater but i loath GR2...how can the game have no blood and be rated T....you don't even know if your hitting somebody...got it as a gift and played it once and will never play it again....:whistle2:(

I'm also a big fan of Splinter Cell, eagerly anticipating Chaos Theory. I just played through both Splinter Cell games over Christmas. I had tried Ghost Recon (the original) a couple of times, but really didn't like it. And Rainbow Six 3 just kicked my butt... I couldn't get very far in it, but I plan to pick it back up sometime.

But since I need my stealth fix, I've started playing MGS2: Substance (never played the MGS games before). Pretty cool, but I find myself comparing it to Splinter Cell too much.

I still need to beat this game. I think I have about two levels to go. Also should pick up PT, so I'm all ready for the highly anticipated Chaos Theory. I can't wait and I don't know why I stopped playing the original.

Sam Fisher should be on 24. By the way, if Fisher and Bauer squared off who'd get their face stomped?

bread's done
Back