Splinter Cell PS3 Trilogy 15.99 New Newegg

[quote name='GamerDude316']Would be great if this dropped on :360:[/QUOTE]

I'm still wondering why UbiSoft took the PS3 only approach with its HD sets....BTW Op I think this a repost, but I could be wrong, :shrugs:

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I'm still wondering why UbiSoft took the PS3 only approach with its HD sets....[/QUOTE]

More storage space of a Blu Ray maybe? Don't have to press multiple disks like you would on a DVD.

I'd be all over this but that means I'd have to split my Splinter Cell collection... Why is there no Conviction on PS3?? I hate it when publishers pull stuff like that. :c

[quote name='sdcranford']More storage space of a Blu Ray maybe? Don't have to press multiple disks like you would on a DVD.[/QUOTE]

I guess so, but that's just lazy on their behalf, I would've gladly jumped on this for 360, also are these direct ports of the PS2 versions ? If so due to hardware limitations they were inferior to the Xbox versions. Especially the 1st one with smaller areas and "lighting" issues....but it did have a bonus stage.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I guess so, but that's just lazy on their behalf, I would've gladly jumped on this for 360, also are these direct ports of the PS2 versions ? If so due to hardware limitations they were inferior to the Xbox versions. Especially the 1st one with smaller areas and "lighting" issues....but it did have a bonus stage.[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia page for Splinter Cell mentions that they were ported from the PC versions.

"A PlayStation 3 version was announced to be part of the Splinter Cell Trilogy which was released in September 2011 as part of Sony's Classics HD series. It was revealed on the PlayStation Blog, that it would be ported from the PC version, because it had more details and more content than the PS2 version."

[quote name='kyrhon']I'd be all over this but that means I'd have to split my Splinter Cell collection... Why is there no Conviction on PS3?? I hate it when publishers pull stuff like that. :c[/QUOTE]

My dad feels the same way. Conviction was pretty good. It plays totally different from the other three in the series. This collection needs to be $10 or less. It'll get there one day...

Man, glad this is back, thanks for the heads up. I was pretty ticked when I saw the thread from before when Newegg had it for the same price; but it was too late for me to get it then. Although I just tried to get it and it seems Newegg is having some problems right now with their checkout service as it keeps giving me a load error in both FF and IE, so they better get that straightened out and not make me miss it this time. :evil:

Is this really worth getting? I could always use another 3D game and I love the HD collections but I never played Splinter Cell. It DOES bother me Conviction isn't on the PS3 but that's why I have a gaming PC! I'd just like to know if this series is worth it before I pay 16 for the Trilogy/16 for Double Agent/12 (not a good sign) for Conviction.

bread's done
Back