Splinter Cell: PT Online Play or Not?

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']I remember hearing that too, several months ago. But no, the GC version does not have online play.[/quote]

NintendoFanGirl, are you sure? Cause I remember you asking if people would buy the GC version after you listed all the extra features. And I commented that I wouldn't because of the lack of online play, that I had read on several sites before.

In other words are you sure that you aren't telling me what I told you, that I read else where?

I'm pretty sure this is just shotty game news from Gamespot, but I'm hoping it isn't.

I'm pretty sure that it's a mistake due to the "let's just cut and paste because it's a Gamecube port" mentality that Gamespot has. Isn't it bad enough that Gamecube doesn't have online play? Do you have to rub it in with your neglect Gamespot? Us Gamecubers are humans too. if you cut us, will we not bleed?

All kidding aside, I think that it is a mistake. Online isn't too big on Gamecube.

eros, yes I posted a little while ago about which version people were getting (PS2 or GC). The GC version had an extra level and some other stuff I can't remember (guess I'll have to do a search for my OP) but I don't believe online play was one of those extra features.

EDIT-Here are the extra features that the GC version will have-

* All-new Jungle Mission: Use Sam's stealth abilities to evade the enemy in a richly detailed Indonesia jungle setting.
* Post-Mission Statistics and Scoring: Receive feedback on Sam's performance after each mission including everything from the number of shots fires to the number of enemies relates.
* New Alternate Pathways in Revisited Missions: Complete objectives using new pathways, each with its own challenges and rewards.
* New Booby Trap Gameplay: Disable explosive devices using a mechanic similar to the lockpick.

In addition, GameCube owners can look forward to GCN-to-GBA link-up functionality exclusive to the Nintendo version of the game. Players can connect to the GBA to do all of the following:

* Unlock 8 new Pandora Tomorrow GBA missions by completing Pandora Tomorrow GameCube missions.
* Remotely control in-game devices like keypad locks, automated turrets, and computers.
* Get a visual layout of your surroundings, including enemy positions and objectives."

[quote name='Tromack']Will the PC version have online? I would have to assume it would.[/quote]

The question would be: Does it have online play? and the answer would be: Yes, it does indeed.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']eros, yes I posted a little while ago about which version people were getting (PS2 or GC). The GC version had an extra level and some other stuff I can't remember (guess I'll have to do a search for my OP) but I don't believe online play was one of those extra features.

* All-new Jungle Mission: Use Sam's stealth abilities to evade the enemy in a richly detailed Indonesia jungle setting.
* Post-Mission Statistics and Scoring: Receive feedback on Sam's performance after each mission including everything from the number of shots fires to the number of enemies relates.
* New Alternate Pathways in Revisited Missions: Complete objectives using new pathways, each with its own challenges and rewards.
* New Booby Trap Gameplay: Disable explosive devices using a mechanic similar to the lockpick.

In addition, GameCube owners can look forward to GCN-to-GBA link-up functionality exclusive to the Nintendo version of the game. Players can connect to the GBA to do all of the following:

* Unlock 8 new Pandora Tomorrow GBA missions by completing Pandora Tomorrow GameCube missions.
* Remotely control in-game devices like keypad locks, automated turrets, and computers.
* Get a visual layout of your surroundings, including enemy positions and objectives."[/quote]
I know the XBOX Version has online and better graphics, but Im definately getting the GC version because of GC/GBA connectivity. But Im gonna wait a few months, on account of it being so expensive. Ill also get the XBOX version one day.

[quote name='Adilink']Is online play really that big of a deal?[/quote]

For me, not really. On account of I don't have live for my Xbox, so, its no biggie for me. And the GC/GBA connectivity sounds SWEET.

[quote name='Acrylic'][quote name='NintendoFanGirl']eros, yes I posted a little while ago about which version people were getting (PS2 or GC). The GC version had an extra level and some other stuff I can't remember (guess I'll have to do a search for my OP) but I don't believe online play was one of those extra features.

* Get a visual layout of your surroundings, including enemy positions and objectives."[/quote]
I know the XBOX Version has online and better graphics, but Im definately getting the GC version because of GC/GBA connectivity. But Im gonna wait a few months, on account of it being so expensive. Ill also get the XBOX version one day.[/quote]

I think that they removed the GC/GBA link capabilities for this. You might want to check out both the GC and GBA version before deciding to purchase...

I'd go XBOX Live All the way.....Its awesome!

bread's done
Back