Splinter Cell Trilogy HD Playstation 3 $15.99 + free shipping @Newegg

Are people really going to pay $450 for a seven year old console just so it look ridiculous in your entertainment center?

[quote name='Todd33']Are people really going to pay $450 for a seven year old console just so it look ridiculous in your entertainment center?[/QUOTE]

Just before they announce the next one at E3!

That actually makes me want Star Wars Kinect. I know, I've shamed myself and my family.

I'll need to commit Seppoku to make amends, can I borrow someones sword?

[quote name='KidInTheHall']That actually makes me want Star Wars Kinect. I know, I've shamed myself and my family.

I'll need to commit Seppoku to make amends, can I borrow someones sword?[/QUOTE]

713g0jxffeL._AA1500_.jpg

[quote name='doodmandood']Why do people link through a seperate site like http://www.anrdoezrs.net instead of just linking to the actual site?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know "people" don't, CAG does. It automatically adds referral links, someone has to pay the bills.

I'm very on the fence about the SC:HD collection. Loved the games, but every review I've read talks about frame rate issues and some audio pop-in. Same thing with the Silent Hill HD set. Very disappointing.

[quote name='BiggNick']I'm very on the fence about the SC:HD collection. Loved the games, but every review I've read talks about frame rate issues and some audio pop-in. Same thing with the Silent Hill HD set. Very disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed this with another HD collection: Prince of Persia. The audio coding is pretty bad. Background volume dropouts are common and the output channels seem opposite of what they should be.

Can anyone here give an honest critique of the SC HD trilogy? All the user reviews I've come across range from "it's terrible" to "it's decent."

[quote name='JMusic']I'm... speechless.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect? We live in the generation of American Idol/So You Think You Can Dance/The Voice/all the other dumb dancing/singing shows.

It's why shit like Dance Central and Just Dance sell so well and I'm sure it'll be part of the reason that Kinect Star Wars will sell well.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Can anyone here give an honest critique of the SC HD trilogy? All the user reviews I've come across range from "it's terrible" to "it's decent."[/QUOTE]Here's some quick thoughts as well as a review from Digital Foundry.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I've noticed this with another HD collection: Prince of Persia. The audio coding is pretty bad. Background volume dropouts are common and the output channels seem opposite of what they should be.[/QUOTE]Perhaps I'm reading your post wrong, but if you're referring to incredibly quiet dialog in The Sands of Time, that problem was present in the original version.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BiggNick']I'm very on the fence about the SC:HD collection. Loved the games, but every review I've read talks about frame rate issues and some audio pop-in. Same thing with the Silent Hill HD set. Very disappointing.[/QUOTE]
Eh, it's $16 and I love the series. I'm just glad they finally patched in inverted controls. Not having that when the originals did is just baffling. I'm an inverted guy by the way. Plus I missed out when it was $20 on Newegg last time. I was close to ordering it for $21 from an Amazon seller the other day. Glad I waited.

I think I'll order Tomb Raider as well even though I have them on 360 and played through them already. More trophies!

[quote name='Thrinn']
Perhaps I'm reading your post wrong, but if you're referring to incredibly quiet dialog in The Sands of Time, that problem was present in the original version.
[/QUOTE]

Full disclosure: I've only played about an hour of SoT and a few minutes of Warrior Within, so my previous statement (hopefully) applies only to SoT and not the other two. It's also the PAL-coded release though I doubt that matters much.

Thanks for the review link of SC, will catch up it now.

Ugh Han Solo "dancing" like a...nevermind...to auto-tuned no talent bs. Yay. Anybody that buys that gets exactly what they deserve.

I just don't get that Lucas will allow putrid crap like that to be released, but won't release the Christmas Special.

And that console looks horrible. If someone gave it to me for free, I'd sell it in a heartbeat. If you're gonna do R2D2, why not make one of those console Game Vaults instead of this crap?

[quote name='pwnthee']Ugh Han Solo "dancing" like a...nevermind...to auto-tuned no talent bs. Yay. Anybody that buys that gets exactly what they deserve.

I just don't get that Lucas will allow putrid crap like that to be released, but won't release the Christmas Special.

And that console looks horrible. If someone gave it to me for free, I'd sell it in a heartbeat. If you're gonna do R2D2, why not make one of those console Game Vaults instead of this crap?[/QUOTE]

Oh, you didn't like Han Solo and Lando daning? Well see if you like Leia. The dance move names are so disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbO5S3Fv53Q

Ain't no hologram girl... Ugh

[quote name='hollowfreak']As far as I know "people" don't, CAG does. It automatically adds referral links, someone has to pay the bills.[/QUOTE]

This is my understanding as well. Most deal sites will do this so I let it slide for them because they provide me with value, they should be allowed to make money or at least pay the bills.

It is weird. The series has a much closer connection to Xbox consoles than it does any others. It seemed like the obvious choice for this collection.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']why didn't this come out for the 360[/QUOTE]

It's probably cheaper to put the collection on a single BluRay disc. Or maybe Sony tied up exclusive rights for the collection.

bread's done
Back