Split/Second + $10 Credit (360) $45.98 at Amazon

WMike00

CAGiversary!
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/media/gameimages/live_18063.jpg[/rightimg]Although all 3 versions get the $10 gaming credit treatment, only the Xbox 360 version gets the sale price.

Release date delivery (May 18th) is also available.

:360: Split/Second + $10 credit $45.98

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude like c'mon. Can't you see we have stickied thread at the top for Amazon credit bonuses? I understand that this game in particular got a price drop but c'mon. I know everyone likes to be 'that guy" when it comes to finding deals but just to keep the clutter at a minimum around here, utilize the threads that have already been made to update information.

[quote name='WMike00']Amazon has dropped the price of Split / Second to $45.98 for the 360, and it still comes with the $10 credit toward a future video game purchase.

Does not apply to the PS3 version though.

http://www.amazon.com/Split-Second-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1273426183&sr=8-1

Of note, Amazon has also dropped Splinter Cell: Conviction to $44.99 for the standard edition and $55.99 for the Limited Edition.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for one! Thanks man! I know you've taken some shit by some guys who take this stuff WAY too seriously, but I appreciate the heads up. Thanks again!

I agree that this might get some quick price drops after release. I was debating between Split/Second and Blur, but decided to wait and see what happens in a few months.

The focus of my post was the price drop, not the included $10 bonus. I understand where you are coming from, but trust me, I didn't post this to garner attention.

Pretty good deal, saw this yesterday from another poster but no big deal it just lets more people know who might have not seen the other post. Thanks OP!

[quote name='TheBomb69']Great price but this screams rental after playing the demo.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for the demo to hit PSN :roll:

i cancelled my preorder awhile ago and am tempted to order this. but it will drop price pretty quickly in my opinion.

I'm not to sure about that, this developers last game Pure didn't sell very well but for whatever reason it was selling used for around $50 for a very long time.

[quote name='mphil145']I'm not to sure about that, this developers last game Pure didn't sell very well but for whatever reason it was selling used for around $50 for a very long time.[/QUOTE]

Who knows what Game Stop was charging for it, but checking online I found the following : It was released Sept 16, 2008. I purchased it on Amazon on Dec 1, 2008 for $19.95.

A quick price drop wouldn't shock me.

[quote name='Decker']Who knows what Game Stop was charging for it, but checking online I found the following : It was released Sept 16, 2008. I purchased it on Amazon on Dec 1, 2008 for $19.95.

A quick price drop wouldn't shock me.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I could envision a $20 price pt within 3 months or so. But I can get it on release for like $37 plus the $10 credit. So I'm cool with paying a little more to get it earlier. Pure was a lot of fun.

I was just going to rent this, but $36(after considering credit) moved this up to a purchase. :)

This month of May is killing me. Too many good games coming out this month.

This is very tempting, but I don't think I'm going to go for it. I loved the demo, but I loved Blur's more. I wish this was a Blur deal.

the demo was great!
reminds me of a combination of Burnout and Need for Speed.

But even at this price, it seems too rich for me.
I'm sure in a few months this will starting popping up around $20, probably even $10 once Gamefly starts clearing out their rental inventory.

I had pre-ordered ModNation Racers, but cancelled and replaced it with this. Nice price and now I can use the $10 extra credit on that and still get MNR down the line (might have to trade in some things as times are tight at my household.

I played the demo and it was a blast. I agree with some comments that it was a little easy (came in first the first time I played). But I'm hoping the game gets progressively more challenging. Love the Burnout feel and explosions to knock out other cars. Great game from what I've seen so far.

[quote name='Wintg005']Its kind of ridiculous that this always happens with PS3 versions of games. Im hoping that version drops as well.[/QUOTE]

PS3 version for me as well, though I'm not worried about it.

Going to pick it up used at Gamestop since they delayed the demo for the PS3.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']use 5OFFSSEC to get $5 off[/QUOTE]

said deal is expired when i tried it

edit: it expired 3/31/10

This is a very nice deal. Not enough players compared to Blur though and I've already got that on pre-order for the following week. At this price, it wouldn't be bad to get it as a replacement for renting it, as you could play it for a few days and pretty much get your money back...Alas, 5/18 is a bad day to do it though since everything else comes out then. What is up with the crazy 5/18 release day?

I was waiting for my skate credit to order this and now it's back up to 59.99. Alan Wake too.

I pre-ordered it at this price around 1:00 pm. Now when I click on the link it's back to it's normal price. Whooo Hoooo! I JUST came in under the wire and got it for that price. Yay me!

My stupid pre-order price never adjusted, I hate Amazon lately. I have a choice, pull teeth to get them to adjust (hopefully) or just cancel the order. Game doesnt seem worth the extra hassle.

Why would they offer a sale on only the 360 version? Nobody wants that crappy port. I wonder if GS will make and offer a better choice...

After picking up a 360 this weekend I decided to go ahead & pick the game up for that system due to the price. However, I was planning on waiting until a trade-in I had sent Amazon cleared first. This morning before heading out to work I decided it was probably safer to go ahead & preorder to lock in the price, since I can always apply the credit to the existing order.

Best. Decision. Evar! :p

Not really interested. Like Blur, the demo seems to be a "adult" version of Mario Kart. Didn't have the sense of speed I get from a Burnout or NFS Shift game.

do I have to bother amazon to drop the price for me? I pre-ordered this back in january and missed the sale. Don't they have a pre-order price guarantee?

[quote name='stonciddta']My stupid pre-order price never adjusted, I hate Amazon lately. I have a choice, pull teeth to get them to adjust (hopefully) or just cancel the order. Game doesnt seem worth the extra hassle.[/QUOTE]

I've had a really hard time getting them to adjust the preorder price lately... they always quote the line that says it'll change within 24 hours but then say within 48 hours of it shipping... very annoying.

After playing the demo, I'm a little confused as to what depth there is to this game.

You build up your meter and then POWER PLAY another car and sometimes that car get shit by an exploding car?

Is there more to it?

Seems like Blur has more options.

[quote name='confoosious']After playing the demo, I'm a little confused as to what depth there is to this game.

You build up your meter and then POWER PLAY another car and sometimes that car get shit by an exploding car?

Is there more to it?

Seems like Blur has more options.[/QUOTE]

Well the level 1 power plays seem to be simple destroy opponents near you type effect. The level 2 power plays not only can destroy nearby opponents but can also effect the course as well , such as destroying the air traffic control tower (which changes the course layout) and dropping the airplane from the demo level.

Without seeing other levels it's hard to say how much strategy this type of ability will have on the game , but it seemed fun to me and the companies previous game (Pure) was good so I'm willing to give it a shot.

Incidentally I'm also getting Blur AND Mod Nation Racers so I'll definitely be getting my racing fill.

[quote name='BladeZ']FYI: I also got a $5 Amazon MP3 credit when I pre-ordered...[/QUOTE]

I got this too. I went to the MP3 store on Amazon to see what I could waste $5 on. Right on the front page, they had Poison's greatest hits for exactly $5. Looking at my iTunes library, I had no Poison songs. So, I figured this was a good enough thing to waste $5 on. :)

[quote name='Hoffer']
I got this too. I went to the MP3 store on Amazon to see what I could waste $5 on. Right on the front page, they had Poison's greatest hits for exactly $5. Looking at my iTunes library, I had no Poison songs. So, I figured this was a good enough thing to waste $5 on. :)
[/QUOTE]

Good choice! That isn't a waste at all! I hope Bret fully recovers...

Yeah, it wasn't a waste. Poison was big when I was in high school and I have fond memories of them. I saw them headline an arena tour. I think Warrant opened for them. :D

So my 360 version pre-order still stands at $56.99, should this have been adjusted to $45.98? If so, should I write a quick note to Amazon about this?

[quote name='Despacio']So my 360 version pre-order still stands at $56.99, should this have been adjusted to $45.98? If so, should I write a quick note to Amazon about this?[/QUOTE]

I normally get a refund for the difference 2-3 days after release. You'll get an email saying your refund amount for the pre order garuntee.

[quote name='MarkHawk']I normally get a refund for the difference 2-3 days after release. You'll get an email saying your refund amount for the pre order garuntee.[/QUOTE]
Really? I hope you're right.

I ordered the PC version and got charged $40. Today I was checking to see what to spend my Amazon credit on and noticed Split/Second is now $30. I'm a bit pissed.

Post-Order Price Match Policy We do not offer post-order price matching when an item's price drops after you buy it. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers.

Yeah I don't know how I feel about Pre-ordering at Amazon anymore.

bread's done
Back