Split/Second (360/PS3) $40 - Amazon PMs Bestbuy

Hm, definitely considering picking this up with my credit from Red Dead and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Thanks for the heads up OP!

Ugh I want this so bad but it will be $20 or less in just a few months. Racing games always plummet, especially niche combat ones.

Must.....resist.....

I wish it was Blur. Is it just me but the sales this month have been insane!

I have a $20 Amazon from SMG2, but I don't think I want to spend it on this. I was try to roll my credits into games that offer their own credit. Did that with RDR into SMG2.

hmmmm this is tempting. i mean buy it through BB and get reward zone points and the 3 BB exclusive cars.......or buy it through amazon and use my $20 GC , but i really want to save that GC so i can get kane and lynch 2 for 40 bucks........

[quote name='sublime90']hmmmm this is tempting. i mean buy it through BB and get reward zone points and the 3 BB exclusive cars.......or buy it through amazon and use my $20 GC , but i really want to save that GC so i can get kane and lynch 2 for 40 bucks........[/QUOTE]

In the end if you add the cost of the two together it's going to be the same. Save $20 now or later.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']In the end if you add the cost of the two together it's going to be the same. Save $20 now or later.[/QUOTE]

you're right, i'll get it now for 20 bucks. saving 20 bucks is saving 20 bucks

What was the pre-order on this one -- I wonder if its better to skip the pre-orders with coupons lately if the game is gonna be reduced so shortly after release.

S/S is a lot of fun, even for people who aren't normally racing fans. I liked it a lot more than Blur.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']In the end if you add the cost of the two together it's going to be the same. Save $20 now or later.[/QUOTE]
No. Best Buy is the better deal as he is going to get exclusive cars and build up points for a Reward Zone Certificate. He has more incentive to save the $20 for later.

thought that too estofan, but it worked! I'd hurry, they may likely have it fixed by tomorrow, but thats last day of coupon anyway..worked without any hesistation. I did not see if the asterisk was there..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slowpantz']Considering this dropped $20 after a week, I think I'll be able to hold off until it's around twenty.[/QUOTE]

I think it'll take a while, maybe 6 months but I can wait. In this economy games seem to be dropping in price pretty quick.

After you've played both SS and Blur for a few hours you'll be glad it was SS. Although Blur is really good, SS is phenomenal.

My SMG2 credit doesn't expire til 7/31 but I don't see myself getting anything else between now and then. I wish the credit was a code that I could enter whenever, but I'd rather get something I'll enjoy for $20 than wait. I had a blast with just that one track on the demo, can't wait to play this game, thx OP. I knew Amazon was going to pm this deal.

I have to say, after avoiding racing games for the past 5+ years because theyre mostly the same, (race X laps, rinse, repeat) Im really glad I picked up Split/Second, (or as i like to call it, "Michael Bay Racer".

Played the entire 1st episode today. This game is a helluva lotta fun. I enjoy they whole, "Its a tv show" aspect of the game, at least it gives it some credibility in the story department as far as video game racing games go besides the overused, "Were street racers yo!" theme (ahem NFS Undergound, 2, Most Wanted repeat offenders)... I also like how the developers did the explosions/triggering...you have to race the track a few times to know when and where to trigger the detonations, makes for some replay value but at the same time gives some strategy blowing opponents off the track.

Also i really strived to get 1st place in every race, (which i eventually did), and I really enjoyed the different variants of each race like elimination, detonator, etc. Keeps it from getting boring just racing three laps or whatever for every single race. I also liked the bonus races which gives some extra XP to buy better cars and the elite races to close out an episode- theyre a bit tougher but thats why its called elite...

Overall very satisfied and well worth the $40 if not more. :)

well said limelight (I started dubbing it 'Michael Bay Racer' too just today to my friends!), I just got done playing 2 races, simply amazing! I got burned out on Dirt 2 after it became same track after track after track..this seems really refreshing..fighting the urge to get back in there and play it, but there is a thunderstorm outside so I'm trying to run my stuff..

after tossing and turning im getting it from BestBuy after all. i want points and 3 free cars. i really liked the demo and im actually looking forward to playing online where its harder to avoid explosions and to nail someone. im not really into racers either, the only racing game i own is burnout paradise.

[quote name='sublime90']after tossing and turning im getting it from BestBuy after all. i want points and 3 free cars. i really liked the demo and im actually looking forward to playing online where its harder to avoid explosions and to nail someone. im not really into racers either, the only racing game i own is burnout paradise.[/QUOTE]

One thing about online that i read in a review- You only get to use the cars youve earned so far in career mode...So for example, if youve completed the first episode you get those cars which are ok and all, but if youre racing against someone else who has completed the second episode (or higher) they will have faster and better cars to use against you. Kinda sucks and while i havent played online yet Id go through single player first so that you get the good cars unlocked.

[quote name='Lordd_G']Fact: Split/second > Blur... I played both![/QUOTE]Yeah, if it's opposite day, sure.

[quote name='L8Registryshun']You really perferred blur over s/s... Idk I think that s/s is by far superior[/QUOTE]Yeah. S/S isn't bad (though the demo didn't really sell me) but I can already tell in a months time I'd get bored of it because by that time I've seen all the "wow" moments already. Blur on the other hand just felt like Mario Kart done right. I can see the appeal -- don't get me wrong -- but it just wasn't for me.

Split Second is a rental only. Single player is decent, but you'll get super frustrated with it in the later levels, what with the horrible cheating rubber band A.I. and all. Limited number of tracks also gets old later on. Online plain blows. You have little to no options as the host and whoever has the fastest car will usually win. It's all unlocked cars from single player, so if you haven't completed the single player you might as well not waste your time going online, since you'll get blown off the road like you're driving a Ford Fiesta. Bargain bin @$20 or less by end of summer.

bread's done
Back