Split/Second (Xbox 360) 45.98 + $10 gaming credit

[quote name='cmb00']dell deal is better. 39.99 either console, plus free shipping.[/QUOTE]
This item would get you free shipping from Amazon, and the 10 dollar credit off future item makes this a better deal :p

[quote name='cmb00']dell deal is better. 39.99 either console, plus free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. I have $20 in promo certificates to amazon so it would be cheaper on amazon plus I get another $10 for buying it. This is also FSSS and if you have prime it's even faster than Dell.

Now this is an exception to most, but almost every game is cheaper on amazon than anywhere else for me thanks to my ECA order still being usable, basically every game I order is 30% off which is incredibly awesome. Just put in an order for Halo Reach for $42 with a $20 promo offer for a future game, so in essence it'll cost me $22 and I'll get it the day after it's released in stores. Again this is not the norm, but I am sure some people on CAG still do this besides me.

PS: I am not interested in this game but I felt I should comment none the less.

I was going to wait, but $45 on launch day was too good to pass up, and the $10 bonus will be put to good use.

I was surprised to see I also got a $5 MP3 credit, usable immediately, even though that wasn't indicated anywhere on the page. Possibly a glitch, or an undisclosed promotion?

man, this thing is almost up to 50% off (if you count in the -$10 credit) pre-release.. that can't be good

Great deal OP, thanks for posting. Wish the deal was for Blur instead, though... I tried both demos and like Blur a lot better.

How long does it take for Amazon to adjust your current order? Or do you have to email for that? I have it in as 51.99 (after 5 dollar coupon code they had, which may wind up being tacked onto the 44.98 seperately)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not necessarily. I have $20 in promo certificates to amazon so it would be cheaper on amazon plus I get another $10 for buying it. This is also FSSS and if you have prime it's even faster than Dell.

Now this is an exception to most, but almost every game is cheaper on amazon than anywhere else for me thanks to my ECA order still being usable, basically every game I order is 30% off which is incredibly awesome. Just put in an order for Halo Reach for $42 with a $20 promo offer for a future game, so in essence it'll cost me $22 and I'll get it the day after it's released in stores. Again this is not the norm, but I am sure some people on CAG still do this besides me.

PS: I am not interested in this game but I felt I should comment none the less.[/QUOTE]

ECA order? What do you mean, the extra 10% off?

The 360 version is $11 cheaper than the PS3? WTF?? I'm tempted to cancel my preorder just because of that, that's BS.

Wonder if an email would do any good?

I really wanted to like this game but the demo felt so....slow. The game is gorgeous and everything but it has no feeling of speed, in the demo at least. Felt like everyone was doing 50 MPH or something.

I bit on the amazon deal. I liked the demo and it was a glimpse into what you can do in multiplayer. The ability to change the routes, destroy parts of the course lends itself to major trash talking and decent controls. The different levels that have previewed in magazines and websites look interesting to play in single and multiplayer. The developers made Pure as well and I didn't care for its demo but bought it on a impulse and I haven't regretted it.

You understand that a difference in price between the xbox and ps3 version isn't a conspiracy and a personal attack on you right?

Have you ever stopped to think perhaps there's a backend deal with Microsoft to change the economics?

Seriously -- relax.

Makes you wonder how cheap this game will be in the next coming months.

If this were the same deal for Blur I'd be all over it.

[quote name='confoosious']You understand that a difference in price between the xbox and ps3 version isn't a conspiracy and a personal attack on you right?

Have you ever stopped to think perhaps there's a backend deal with Microsoft to change the economics?

Seriously -- relax.[/QUOTE]

I never said it was personal. This is CAG, right? If they're telling me the exact same game is worth $11 less just because it's on another system, I'd say that's telling me to wait until *I* can pay $11 less too.

[quote name='confoosious']I dunno I read your message and it sounded like you were crying like a little girl about it.[/QUOTE]

If he was, why would you care? He didn't attack you, why did you feel the need to attack him. Oh, I forgot, it's the internet (i.e., the place to be a jag to strangers). :wall:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Makes you wonder how cheap this game will be in the next coming months.

If this were the same deal for Blur I'd be all over it.[/QUOTE]

Of course it will be cheaper in coming months that is if you want to wait. This is the best deal(next to Dell) on getting this on release day. I do agree, if it was Blur I'd be all over it too. Hm...decisions decisions!

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I really wish I had the money to pre-order this game at such a good price. darn you red dead revolver.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting Red Dead Revolver will be on sale within a month. I'll wait for it.

[quote name='xTraPointLess']If he was, why would you care? He didn't attack you, why did you feel the need to attack him. Oh, I forgot, it's the internet (i.e., the place to be a jag to strangers). :wall:[/QUOTE]

It's Confoosious. Internet tough-guy and asshole extraordinaire!

That's all you really need to know.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']It's Confoosious. Internet tough-guy and asshole extraordinaire!

That's all you really need to know.[/QUOTE]

lulz.

This coming from a guy who yells at people for hoarding/ reselling in one thread and brags about hoarding/reselling in another.

I may a cranky bastard but at least I'm not a hypocrite. And you, Rouzhokuu, are the biggest joke on CAG.

[quote name='xTraPointLess']You're a jerk, but not a hypocrite. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Xtra - if you want to hook your wagon up to Rouzhokuu, you'll find out soon enough how awesome he is.

Good luck to you!

As for me being a jerk - sure, I can be. Especially when people cry like little bitches whenever a deal doesn't go their way. Amazon has a gold box for the wii: ps3 and xbox owners whine about it. they have a 360 event, pc and ps3 owners cry about it. Why can't people accept that sometimes the deals don't go their way. And instead of crying like bitches about it, stop to consider why a certain platform is discounted over another instead of saying "WHAT BS! I OWN A PS3/360/wii/PC AND I'M ENTITLED TO A DISCOUNT TOO! WAHHH!" If you support that kind of ignorance, good for you.

edit: see below for a rational lament on lack of PS3 deal. He wishes it was a PS3 deal but not gonna cry about it.

Too bad this isn't a PS3 deal as well. I have a 360 too but only 1 controller. Even though this is a great deal, I don't wanna buy another controller for my 360 right now. Oh well. Maybe in the coming days, the PS3 version will drop as well.

This is a great deal I was going buy the game at $56.99 but at $45 @_@ I just feel like I'm getting over.

[quote name='confoosious']Xtra - if you want to hook your wagon up to Rouzhokuu, you'll find out soon enough how awesome he is.

Good luck to you!

As for me being a jerk - sure, I can be. Especially when people cry like little bitches whenever a deal doesn't go their way. Amazon has a gold box for the wii: ps3 and xbox owners whine about it. they have a 360 event, pc and ps3 owners cry about it. Why can't people accept that sometimes the deals don't go their way. And instead of crying like bitches about it, stop to consider why a certain platform is discounted over another instead of saying "WHAT BS! I OWN A PS3/360/wii/PC AND I'M ENTITLED TO A DISCOUNT TOO! WAHHH!" If you support that kind of ignorance, good for you.

edit: see below for a rational lament on lack of PS3 deal. He wishes it was a PS3 deal but not gonna cry about it.[/QUOTE]

funniest part of this is the gold box... the way people whine about not being for the console that they want things for... when 90% of the time amazon gold box events are just complete shit no matter which console they're for.

back on topic tho... I just switched my ps3 preorder to xbox....

I dont understand the negative comments about the game. I just played the demo and it is really good. I just pre-ordered the game at this great price

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I'm betting Red Dead Revolver will be on sale within a month. I'll wait for it.[/QUOTE]

Why wait for a month? You can already get Red Dead Revolver for less than $5.

;)

Regarding Split/Second, I agree with the above poster. I'm not huge into racers, but I still enjoyed the demo and the theatrics.

bread's done
Back