Spore Galactic Edition 36.99 at Amazon

Thanks for this.

I know the DRM is crazy, but I still want to play it; and honestly, I have yet to be affected by DRM limiting my play of any game that people go in an uproar over. So I'll take a chance...and probably enjoy it.

I may never buy another LE/CE at launch again.

Too many of these things pop up months later at the same price as or cheaper than the standard edition. Then the regret sets in...

Anyways, its an awesome deal and well worth getting if you haven't already played Spore. Even if you have the Standard but want the Galactic, I say grab it and give away the game disc.

I got this as a gift for someone and it tells me my registration code isn't valid. It's so fucking frustrating. Luckily it can be played without having to be online.

^ I have to admit those reviews turned me off so much that I didn't bite when the standard edition was $20 at BF. A fair amount of the 1-star reviews may be from anti-DRM fanatics, however.

My 3 year old son loves Spore. He loves making creatures and vehicles. If you have kids its a definite must-buy for the creators. The game part is boring.

[quote name='gantt']^ I have to admit those reviews turned me off so much that I didn't bite when the standard edition was $20 at BF. A fair amount of the 1-star reviews may be from anti-DRM fanatics, however.[/quote]

Most of the 1-star reviews were given as a protest against the DRM. The gameplay itself is pretty simplistic, but the main draw of the game is creature/vehicle/etc creation.

If you want the game purely for a deep gameplay experience, you'll be a bit disappointed. But if you want it mainly for an easy way to explore your creativity, you can't go wrong.

[quote name='Viper45']Most of the 1-star reviews were given as a protest against the DRM. The gameplay itself is pretty simplistic, but the main draw of the game is creature/vehicle/etc creation.

If you want the game purely for a deep gameplay experience, you'll be a bit disappointed. But if you want it mainly for an easy way to explore your creativity, you can't go wrong.[/quote]

So can't you get most of the benefit by just getting the Creature Creator? Isn't that like $10?

[quote name='gantt']A fair amount of the 1-star reviews may be from anti-DRM fanatics, however.[/quote]

That's exactly the case. Although it didn't help that the gameplay wasn't exactly as mind-blowing as people were hoping.

I had to learn about the DRM (SecuROM) because of BioShock. As it turns out, about 80% of the people slamming on sites like Amazon are parroting completely false info. It does have it's drawbacks, but if you read the reviews you'll learn that it killed their dogs, sullied their women, razed their houses, and insulted their religion (with the added disclaimer that none of them actually purchased and tried the game--they heard all this info second-hand). :applause:

While I'm not exactly a fan of DRM/SecuROM in general, I've yet to encounter any problems with it on the few games I featuring said devices.

I'm extremely tempted to jump on this, but I'm having a hard time justifying it with my backlog.

Sold! I picked this up for one of my Nieces I was going to check CC since they had a bunch there last week, but this saves me a trip

I have the galactic edition. The art book that comes with it is nice, as is the case. I'd say it's worth the money if you've been wanting to play the game. I kind of got bored with it after a while, though :( Nevertheless, good find, OP!

Picked it up for $33 at Circuit city on friday. They had three left. price was supposed to be $79.99 minus 50% off, but it rang up at $33

Even without the DRM I think this game wouldn't be worth it. No where in the game you see the elaborate evolution you were promised back when they were hyping the game. Instead you pick up premade parts lying around and attach them to yourself, and the benefits they give don't make any logical sense (they're just stat upgrades, "oh look at me I attached a leaf growing out of my ass, now I have +1 to charm").

I must say it'd probably be a good game for elementary schoolers or middle schoolers.

Thanks OP! Free SS shipping made it worth it to me. I want to play it but I know I will get bored with it after a while.

[quote name='Shiroh30']Picked it up for $33 at Circuit city on friday. They had three left. price was supposed to be $79.99 minus 50% off, but it rang up at $33[/QUOTE]

Same here. I thought it would be lower than $33 though.

It's $49.99 at BestBuy so I was expecting $25.

bread's done
Back