Spore Origins free BB YMMV

Quickslvrguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I was doing some last minute shopping at my local Best Buy today and I noticed that they had the Spore Origins Itunes Cards for free. I think they were running a promotion last week where if u bought an Ipod Touch you received the download for free, so I guess they are just trying to get rid of the ones that they still have. Sorry if this is a repost.

They've done similar thing with guides (halo 3), promos (ngii wall scroll), and the like. Hurry before they're all gone. I'm probably going sometime this week to either get Band of Brother's on Blu-ray for $37.50, or COD5 for $35 :)

Have you tried using this "free" card yet?

I'm just wondering if it's like an iTunes gift card, where it's only valid once it's been activated with a certain amount at the register.

"Free" if it's a cent it's not free. I remember a few years back, as I was checking out, they shoved some stupid DVD preview of a movie into my bag and charged me.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']"Free" if it's a cent it's not free. I remember a few years back, as I was checking out, they shoved some stupid DVD preview of a movie into my bag and charged me.[/QUOTE]

Did you call your lawyer? fuck man, a penny.

Might also be free 'with purchase.' a lot of those cards require activation before they can be used, so they're worthless to you unless they go through the register in the first place.

[quote name='drawingboard']Free, or was it 1 cent? Are you sure they were free? BB usually inventories everything.[/QUOTE]

In the past I've had Best Buy charge me $0.00 for items. Yeah, it actually showed up like that on the receipt. So it's still inventoried, they just don't charge you anything.

It is the full game, they came with a purchase. They were free from the get-go, and it is the FULL game of Spore Origins. I have an extra if anyone wants a copy....

[quote name='EBPanthers21']It is the full game, they came with a purchase. They were free from the get-go, and it is the FULL game of Spore Origins. I have an extra if anyone wants a copy....[/quote]
PM'ed.

[quote name='EBPanthers21']It is the full game, they came with a purchase. They were free from the get-go, and it is the FULL game of Spore Origins. I have an extra if anyone wants a copy....[/quote]
If anyone else gets an extra I'd love it...

I would love a copy also....I just got an IPOD Touch and I am loving it thus far....if anyone picks up multiples, I would enjoy one :)

[quote name='the_punisher']They've done similar thing with guides (halo 3), promos (ngii wall scroll), and the like. Hurry before they're all gone. I'm probably going sometime this week to either get Band of Brother's on Blu-ray for $37.50, orCOD5 for $35 :)[/quote]

its off topic but damn it i cant let it go! World at War is NOT Cod5! Get it right ppl!

[quote name='Markn951']its off topic but damn it i cant let it go! World at War is NOT Cod5! Get it right ppl![/quote]

Seriously? You had to post that? Does anyone else care but you?

BB employee here: At my store, Spore Origins has been free for the past week or two with iPod Touch purchases. It would ring up $6.99, and then zero-out as a package deal with the Touch.

Now, it doesn't zero out, but it still rings up initially as $6.99. So at the Trumbull ct store, at least, Spore Origins still costs money.

Checked out two stores in central NJ they ring up at 6.99 :( they clerk said they were free but rang it up with a price

bread's done
Back