Spring Update 08 **May Fools No Update >_>**

hopefully nothing to do with gamesaving, today was already devastating enough for many (myself not included)

They don’t usually even mention it until like 2 weeks before it hits. I think they learned their lesson from announcing it before it was ready. The first couple updates lit the internet on fire when they delayed it. Since then, MS waits to announce stuff until they are 99.9% sure it is ready to go.

That would be a nice addition I don't see why they wouldnt do it though seeing how you can already do it in games. I'm not sure what I want though, I came up with the idea for the thread cause I was reading about the whole Netflix on 360 Article I saw on XboxFanboy. What could be some things to add?

DIVX was my big want. Multiple user chat is my next big thing. The netflix thing would rock, but other than that I can't think of anything I care about. Oh wait, I want a count down timer on the music player. Ok that's it.

I don't understand why they don't allow private chats with more than 2 people. Is it really that hard to change the way the bandwidth is alloted? I would have loved to been chatting with all my boys when doing Condemned 2 SP, but alas, as is, I was jumping between three different chats most of the time.

Well Spydey, same here I wanted Divx and i was surprised they did it which was a great move. I would like MKV support so I can watch HD and my animes, It would be nice to be able to customize the Blades I.E being able to put a different picture for each blade not just one picture that goes to all the blades >_>

I want to be able to listen to music from my ipod touch, for some odd reason my xbox won't recognize that I just plugged in a ipod.

[quote name='Ragekod']I want to be able to listen to music from my ipod touch, for some odd reason my xbox won't recognize that I just plugged in a ipod.[/quote]
Same here!
That would be fantastic.

[quote name='Ragekod']I want to be able to listen to music from my ipod touch, for some odd reason my xbox won't recognize that I just plugged in a ipod.[/QUOTE]

It's because the music is stored differently than in normal ipods

I want my Ipod touch to work too........

[quote name='SynGamer']MS needs to give us Clan Support. If they can do that, they will guarantee success for their console.[/quote]
Wasn't this rumored for the fall update? It would be nice if they did add clan support.

[quote name='SynGamer']MS needs to give us Clan Support. If they can do that, they will guarantee success for their console.[/quote]

Good call. My DOA game still says it has Clan Support on the back. That game came out near launch. :bomb:

x2, thats my vote too.

i think TVXB360 sounds good and VCRXB360 and internet would be great to

[quote name='Ragekod']I want to be able to listen to music from my ipod touch, for some odd reason my xbox won't recognize that I just plugged in a ipod.[/QUOTE]

It used to read my iPod. Either Apple or M$ fucked us over on that one

i dont know what the big ipod problem is.....dont most of us store the music on our ipod on our desktops too? Just stream the music from the desktop to the 360....thats what I do....

[quote name='zewone']I want VCRXB360 too.[/QUOTE]

I want that too. I can't get a VHS to fit into the disc tray, maybe the update will fix that?

I want the ability to delete all game profiles that have a zero achievement score on my gamertag: those old XBLA trials, games I hated or barely played.

Multi-person private/public chats (outside of games....sort of like moderated lobbies....just general chats to see if anybody want to jump on a game with you)

Clan support (this would getting me back in to the whole clan scene again, and definitely far more heavily into the CoD world. I used to be a machine at CoD 2/3 and a bit at 4, but have since taken a bit of a break from Live.)

.SRT support for subtitles on Divx (they might as well go all the way if they are going to have DIVX)

MKV support would cool as well.

Also, why not an internet browser at this point? The other two systems have it, so why not 360? Also, MS could pull in more people to IE, showcase silverlight, or even just put up proper flash support, something even the other two don't do properly.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Also, why not an internet browser at this point? The other two systems have it, so why not 360? Also, MS could pull in more people to IE, showcase silverlight, or even just put up proper flash support, something even the other two don't do properly.[/QUOTE]

I've also wondered this. In fact, it seemed ridiculous when the Xbox 360 launched without one, considering the Dreamcast even had one. One theory that I've heard is that by putting one in MS would essentially be competing with themselves. What's the point of a PC with Windows if you can do almost everything from a 360? That was the same argument for why they kept a keyboard off the system for a while, though the controller one kind of nullified that point.

Who knows, but it does seem weird.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']Well Spydey, same here I wanted Divx and i was surprised they did it which was a great move. I would like MKV support so I can watch HD and my animes, It would be nice to be able to customize the Blades I.E being able to put a different picture for each blade not just one picture that goes to all the blades >_>[/QUOTE]

MKV support would be great. I dont care if they dont add anything besides that, I would be happy being able to stream HD content from my computer.

The only thing I really wanted was in the last update .. divx support. The only thing I could think of yet, which has been mentioned numerous times already, is the ability to have multiple people in private chat.

oh god... I had a nightmare that the update deleted all my saves and removed my LIVE account from existence. I pray that this is not a vision of the future...

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Clan support (obviously) is my big want.

MKV would be nice too.[/quote]

Okay y'all, please excuse my ignorance, but as someone who hasnt played an FPS since the original DOOM, could someone tell me what "Clan Support" even means? While you're at it, could you also decrypt the acronym "MKV"?
T.I.A. (thanks in advance), hostyl1

[quote name='hostyl1']Okay y'all, please excuse my ignorance, but as someone who hasnt played an FPS since the original DOOM, could someone tell me what "Clan Support" even means? While you're at it, could you also decrypt the acronym "MKV"?
T.I.A. (thanks in advance), hostyl1[/quote]

MKV = Matroska Multimedia Container
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska

Most of all the HD stuff is in MKV and Anime Usually does MKV for multiple audio and subtitles etc. Divx is kewl but like 50% of my animes are in mkv format for dual audio

Clan Support is basically be able to have all ur friends(more than 4) in one chat room that can talk together :drool:

I'd like the ability to turn off the "XXXX is online" notifications, but not turn off my cheesemint notifications.

At the moment I think you can only turn both off or leave both on.

[quote name='hostyl1']Okay y'all, please excuse my ignorance, but as someone who hasnt played an FPS since the original DOOM, could someone tell me what "Clan Support" even means? While you're at it, could you also decrypt the acronym "MKV"?
T.I.A. (thanks in advance), hostyl1[/quote]

On MKV: What he said. It is the container most of my HD stuff is in.

As far as clan support, what I would be interested in is very simple. Instead of forcing us to use the workaround that we now use (create a silver account dedicated to a game, add people to that list and use friend of a friend to see who's online), simply allow for game-specific groupings for gamertags. The current system is ok, but with some extra functionality, getting a group together would be even easier.

Bottom line: I want an easier way to organize my friends by game they're interested in and then play as a large group. However that gets done is ok with me.

I would like to see the friends of a friend functionality extended to leaderboards, so that in addition to a your friends leaderboard you can also select a friend and see a leaderboard with all their friends, including yourself.

[quote name='shrike4242']How about they just fix the DRM issues with XBLA content?[/QUOTE]

And this.

[quote name='shrike4242']How about they just fix the DRM issues with XBLA content?[/QUOTE]
Haven't they pretty much done that now? I'll find out soon enough, mine is out in Mesquite, but I thought when you got your 360 back now it was in a mode where you could redownload your content and it would be relicensed to the new console.

bread's done
Back