Springtime for Hitler and the Last Movie you Saw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
V for Vendetta, It was pretty good I thought and very wachowski bros like, I can't wait to see what they do with Speed Racer movie.

city of god. had to watch another time due to the doorbell ringing and my girlfriend not letting me skip back a few chapters : /.. but awesome movie :D

Little Miss Sunshine.

IMDB Trivia informs me the little girl wore a fat suit. They've nominated her for an Oscar, and she didn't even have the decency to bulk up for the role. De Niro must be fuckin' pissed.

[quote name='dothog']Little Miss Sunshine.

IMDB Trivia informs me the little girl wore a fat suit. They've nominated her for an Oscar, and she didn't even have the decency to bulk up for the role. De Niro must be fuckin' pissed.[/QUOTE] :rofl:

Currently watching the Protector and loving it. Could someone recommend me some other good current-ish movies like this? This movie has got me craving kung fu in mass amounts. Tomorrow I'm going to check out Little Miss Sunshine, since everyone (and Netflix) says I'll love it.

[quote name='DJ K8E']Currently watching the Protector and loving it. Could someone recommend me some other good current-ish movies like this? This movie has got me craving kung fu in mass amounts. Tomorrow I'm going to check out Little Miss Sunshine, since everyone (and Netflix) says I'll love it.[/quote]

Check out Ong-Bak if you haven't, it's another movie starring Tony Jaa, and it's fucking good.

I watched the Dead or Alive movie yesterday. It was pretty awful, but in a fun and enjoyable way, sort of like the Street Fighter movie.

The Matador - 7/10
Pretty cheesily directed and written and predictable, but fun and entertaining too

The Ref - 5/10
Don't understand what the big deal over this one is. Thought it was a generic crappy studio comedy, and it would've gotten a 4 or less if it weren't for the pretty decent ending.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Check out Ong-Bak if you haven't, it's another movie starring Tony Jaa, and it's fucking good.[/quote]

I planned on it, the guy is awesome. That 4 minute take up through that building was amazing, and to see all the time it took to do that one scene. Wow. Also checking out the movie they had a trailer of on the DVD before it, Kill Zone, as well as Hard Boiled and a couple others I forgot.

Dammit I'm in Kung Fu mode now! :lol:

The Matador - 6/10 (Movie was ok...kinda got boring in the middle, looked nice in HD-DVD)

Unknown 7/10 (Pretty good movie, nothing great, but a nice short 85 minute movie)

Smokin Aces

They forced some morality at the end. It didn't seem to fit with the flow of the movie. Other than that, it was ok.

Hellboy

When I first saw the trailer years ago, I wrote it off as another crappy superhero movie. The only reason why I watched it now is because I found out that it was directed by Guillermo Del Toro, the director of Pan's Labyrinth.
While it wasn't great, it was certainly better than what I had expected.

Running Scared - surprisingly good and at times downright twisted. I'm not a Paul Walker fan, but if his future performances are anything like this than that can change. It's definitely worth a watch; you'll likely be surprised as well.

Army of Darkness [quote name='LiquidNight']Hellboy

When I first saw the trailer years ago, I wrote it off as another crappy superhero movie. The only reason why I watched it now is because I found out that it was directed by Guillermo Del Toro, the director of Pan's Labyrinth.
While it wasn't great, it was certainly better than what I had expected.[/QUOTE] Did you watch the director's cut?

Killzone - whole movie was pretty much a waste except for two fights scenes and they didn't appear until the end.

In theatre: The Last King of Scotland-Excellent movie, Forest Whitaker is incredible.

DVD: The Protector-I watched the theatrical version, and other than the action, I didn't really like it that much.

Here's the movies I've seen over the past couple weeks (in order of most recently watch & my rating):
Grudge 2 (4/10)
Hollywoodland (8/10)
Marine (6/10)
Open Season (7/10)
Farce of the Pengiuns (2/10)
Employee of the Month (7/10)
Illusionist (7/10)
Crank (9/10)
Idiocracy (2/10)

Duane Hopwood - 9/10
Excellent excellent low-budget indie film that would've gotten a 10 if not for the innappropriate and bizarre music choices

Rize - 8/10
Pretty interesting film on "krumping", definitely changed my opinion on people who live that sort of life

Watched Idiocracy tonight. I'm sure it was supposed to be satirical social commentary, but didn't really do much for me. I imagine it would be really funny with some friends over and a couple 12-packs between us - but then the point of the movie is ironically lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back