Spun.com 20-25% off all DVDs, including Blu-Ray

cranguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
20090616-0001.20090622-2359.dadsite-4943.gif

http://www.spun.com
I tried this and it works on the Blu-Ray that I ordered.

Nice! I picked up a few "used" Monty Python CDs from them, one of them was still factory sealed, and my new copy of Prototype for the PS3 arrived today. Perhaps this sale will take care of the credit balance that I have w/them.

Thanks cranguy!

Nice, I have been meaning to pick up the Mr. Show: Complete Collection for a while now. $31.84 shipped works for me. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='IvanHood']Nice, I have been meaning to pick up the Mr. Show: Complete Collection for a while now. $31.84 shipped works for me. Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]

I love Mr. Show; for me, Mr. Show rates right up there with Monty Python and Kids In The Hall. I was lucky enough to see the Mr. Show on their reunion tour in 2002...great stuff!

Used the 25% off coupon along with some credit that I had to pick up the Donnie Darko/Silence of the Lambs two-pack (Blu) and Alice Cooper: Live at Montreux (Blu) for $8.73.

Thanks for the heads up. I traded in some stuff and ended up with South Park S10, Watchmen Motion Comic, and $43 in credit after subtracting $22 for the above items. Good deal!

Couldn't resist another order after the inFamous deal went pretty well overall. Picked up: (prices are after 25% off code)

Shipped ...DVD: GORILLAZ: PHASE 2 - SLOW BOAT TO HADES [2 DIS
New DVD $10.18

Shipped ...DVD: GORILLAZ: PHASE ONE: CELEBRITY TAKE DOWN [DVD
New DVD $10.18

Shipped ...DVD: HARVEY BIRDMAN, ATTORNEY AT LAW, VOL. 2 [2 DI
Used DVD $5.46

Shipped DVD: JURASSIC PARK ADVENTURE PACK [3 DISCS]
Used DVD $9.81

Shipped DVD: HARD DAY'S NIGHT [2 DISCS]
Used DVD $4.71

Shipped DVD: THING [COLLECTOR'S EDITION]
Used DVD $4.71

All for $45 - credit/trades = about $4 in credit left over. Placed order on the 16th, used items shipped on the 17th, new items shipped on the 18th. Very nice!

[quote name='cb4774']Used the 25% off coupon along with some credit that I had to pick up the Donnie Darko/Silence of the Lambs two-pack (Blu) and Alice Cooper: Live at Montreux (Blu) for $8.73.
random.gif
[/QUOTE]

Great I was wondering of it worked..

DO NOT trade stuff to SPUN.COM. I traded in some IRON MAN blu rays, and they said I sent them the 1 disk version, even though there is only a 2 disk version of IRON MAN. they do NOT give out a customer support number, so anyone know who I can call???? maybe it's okay to buy used, but BE WARNED, trading in to them is a big problem, and they decide whatever they want to pay you, not what they quote you.

[quote name='srviver104']DO NOT trade stuff to SPUN.COM. I traded in some IRON MAN blu rays, and they said I sent them the 1 disk version, even though there is only a 2 disk version of IRON MAN. they do NOT give out a customer support number, so anyone know who I can call???? maybe it's okay to buy used, but BE WARNED, trading in to them is a big problem, and they decide whatever they want to pay you, not what they quote you.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your problem. Over the course of three deals, I traded in 47 items; of those, six were initially downgraded due to "heavy scratching" and one was rejected. I take care of my discs and at best, there were a couple of surface scratches on the discs, except for the rejected disc, which always seemed to come loose in the case. Five days after that initial e-mail, I was sent another e-mail advising me that the warehouse manager had re-inspected the items and that I would receive full credit on the six that had been tagged "heavily scratched." So, with 47 items traded, I have no issues with Spun and I have even placed additional orders for both new and used products that haven't involved trades and those have gone smoothly as well.

I've had good luck contacting customer service several times via e-mail; sometimes they're quick to respond and other times...not so much. I hope your issue ends up being resolved favorably.

UPDATE: The Blu-rays that I ordered on Tuesday arrived today via First Class mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='srviver104']...so anyone know who I can call????[/QUOTE]

From Who.is & Aboutus.org:

Administrative Contact:
Grundy, Steven [email protected]
Ridgewood Software
PO BOX 8440
Northfield, IL 60093-8440
US
847-272-7559 fax: 999-999-9999

I recognize the area code and that seems correct for the Northfield area.

The used DVDs I ordered arrived on Saturday (about 3 days). All in mint condition. They sent an oversized box, shipping label and tape to reseal the box for my trades. Very happy with that kind of service!

Wow...Shipping can be a real killer.

The lowest shipping prices were $40 for my order.

So I had to sell them $30 worth of stuff to get free shipping on my order.

In the end everything worked out.

Well I've been itching to pick up the Dirty Harry set somehow; I decided to make an order last night before their trade values dropped anymore. I should be getting it for free, assuming they don't try to pull any "heavy scratching" charges on me *fingers crossed*.

I'll post back with results

bread's done
Back