Square-enix is re-releasing their ps1 and ps2 titles in Japan

acqua20

CAG Veteran
Square-enix is re-releasing their old and new ps1,ps2 titles in Japan as Ultimates Hits which is something similar to Greatest Hits in US. Here is the list of titles which will be released on July 20, 2006.

Ultimate Hits StarOcean Till the End of Time DC PS2 2006-7-20 2,940 Yen

Ultimate Hits Dragon Quest V PS2 2006-7-20 2,940 Yen

Ultimate Hits Dragon Quest VIII PS2 2006-7-20 2,940 Yen

Ultimate Hits Valkyrie Profile PS 2006-7-20 1,575 Yen

Ultimate Hits Chrono Cross PS 2006-7-20 1,575 Yen

Ultimate Hits Chrono Trigger PS 2006-7-20 1,575 Yen

Ultimate Hits Saga Frontier PS 2006-7-20 1,575 Yen

Ultimate Hits Saga Frontier 2 PS 2006-7-20 1,575 Yen

Ultimate Hits Dragon Quest IV PS 2006-7-20 2,625 Yen

Ultimate Hits Dragon Quest VII PS 2006-7-20 2,625 Yen

Ultimate Hits Final Fantasy VII International PS 2006-7-20 2,625 Yen

Ultimate Hits Final Fantasy VIII PS 2006-7-20 2,625 Yen

Ultimate Hits Final Fantasy IX PS 2006-7-20 2,625 Yen

Ultimate Hits Final Fantasy Tactics PS 2006-7-20 1,575 Yen

Ultimate Hits Vagrant Story PS 2006-7-20 1,575 Yen

Ultimate Hits Legend of Mana PS 2006-7-20 1,575 Yen

[quote name='Scorch']oh my a rerelease of valkyrie profile.. i wonder if they'll do that here[/QUOTE]

outside of the psp, not likely, but who knows, I have been wrong before!

That would be a great idea.. at least make it available online in limited quantities or something.. I want to play VP

[quote name='Scorch']oh my a rerelease of valkyrie profile.. i wonder if they'll do that here[/QUOTE]

Who would carry it?

Gamestop / EB are getting out of the PS One business, and all the other major retailers don't carry them either.

It would have to be an exclusive online thing.

[quote name='Roufuss']Who would carry it?

Gamestop / EB are getting out of the PS One business, and all the other major retailers don't carry them either.

It would have to be an exclusive online thing.[/QUOTE]

GQD of course, duh! :p

Heh, for some reason TRU still has some PS1 games. CC does in some locations, but I think they clearanced most of them out.

Not to say either store would want to stock new PS1 games.

Man, I really hope there is a reprint of some of the games here in the US. Even if they are only accessible through online retailers. I want a new copy of FFVII so I can play the game again before I watch Advent Children. I haven't been able to find a new copy at a reasonable price anywhere.

[quote name='62t']If FFVII gets a reprint in the US it wont be from square, as it is published by scea.[/QUOTE]
Maybe I am wrong, but since Square still retains the rights to the game, couldn't they publish it now, or was this a lifetime contract? I would think such a deal would only be for a limited number of years.

if they are reprinting Chrono Trigger does that mean they'll fix all of the annoying load times that were on the previous PS1 version?

square rehashing stuff? NEVAR!?... ZzzZzz

if I see another goddamn FFVII spinoff.... I practically fell asleep at last year's SQuare Enix showing..............

[quote name='asianxcore']if they are reprinting Chrono Trigger does that mean they'll fix all of the annoying load times that were on the previous PS1 version?[/QUOTE]

i doubt it, it is probably the same as the old version

bread's done
Back