SSBB From CC for $29.99 YMMV

aea414

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just want to say that this is YMMV to the EXTREME and that it would be almost IMPOSSIBLE to repeat, the only reason this works it that my CC CS rep couldn't do math.

Got SSBB for $29.99 plus tax. I doubt this will be easily repeated but idk.

First off let me say that I did nothing other than pre-order it at CC.(deal with $10 GC)
Also let me state that I DID NOT HAVE MY PREORDER RECEIPT(hag some extra time so I stopped by), I went in today to pick it up(i was out of town for release) and I went and grabbed the last copy off the shelf. I then went to CS and asked if they could bring up my order from my card that I purchased it on and she said "yes."

She then said that since they did not have any games "behind the counter" that she couldn't do it normally. OKAY? She had to refund my card the $5 i put on for pre-order then sold me the game that I grabbed. I asked her about the $10 GC and she said should could just apply it to the game purchase, I then showed her my gamer savings card.
The saving came when she went to do the math(in a normal everyday 4 function calculator), She looked at the refund receipt for the preorder and it showed that i owed them "$44.99" because I put the $5 down. She then took 10% off and then the $10 GC to bring it down to $29.99(idk how it is not $30.5) She then said I would have to pay $29.99 and I looked at her and just "okay"

She then entered the price (i am guessing an override) and then scanned SSBB.

I walked out of there as fast as I could without looking suspicious.

So thanks to CC CS rep lack of math skills I got it for $29.99.

BTW, if you couldn't tell, EXTREMELY YMMV.

This is extremely borderline for me because I tend to make corrections for people especially when they're done in my favor erroneously, but people old enough to work and drive cars REALLY should know basic math. I'm sure there was a calculator handy if she needed it.

Just.... Wow.

[quote name='QiG']This is extremely borderline for me because I tend to make corrections for people especially when they're done in my favor erroneously, but people old enough to work and drive cars REALLY should know basic math. I'm sure there was a calculator handy if she needed it.

Just.... Wow.[/quote]

She used one, it was a basic 4 function calculator the main mess up was that she started at $44.99, then applying the GC to the purchase, and gamer savings card.

Math:

$49.99 - $5 (gamers saving club) - $5 (you prepaid) - $10 (gift card that was given for preorder) = $29.99

I don't see the extra savings... Unless she let you keep the $10 gift card? or gave you another one?

[quote name='flasht3']OP said the cashier had to refund the $5 preorder.[/quote]
Correct. She refunded the pre-order $5.

bread's done
Back