SSBM Home Run Contest World Record!

the most I got was like 1800 with Yoshi (or however much it is to unlike his stage)

that's insane!

Anyone have any tips on how to get 1840 ft. or whatever is needed to get the Paper Mario trophy. We only need 2 more trophies: that one and the one for All-Star on Hard/Very Hard.

Thanks.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Anyone have any tips on how to get 1840 ft. or whatever is needed to get the Paper Mario trophy. We only need 2 more trophies: that one and the one for All-Star on Hard/Very Hard.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I did it by using yoshi and did his lil bike kick in the air several times than charged the bat and let it rip

I tried that and came close, but just couldn't get it. Tried every day for a month with no luck. After I see all these guys doing the glitches with Ganon and the dropped bat and what-not (which I can't seem to do right), I was hoping there was some easy tactic someone had discovered that I could try.

There is crazy, crazy shit done in SSBM. The target contest vids are insane as well - people beating them in like 3-4 seconds.

I still can't do half of the "higher level" skills that masters can pull of. I can L-Cancel and that's about it, and even that isn't fully integrated into my gameplay because I'm never playing competitively (but the games I play are intense and always lots of fun). Wave dashing is something I never got good at, and I can't catch items for shit, nor do the "phantom shield" or whatever it's called. I guess I could look all of that up and learn it, but meh.

I could be wrong (better-players-than-me, feel free to correct myself), but I assume what he's doing is jumping, dropping bat, it hits Sandbag, he down-kicks to keep it from leaving the platform, L-cancels, catches bat, repeats this forever, then left jumps, throws bat upward, starts punch, lands, punch connects, and as Sandbag lifts, it hits bat, propelling it forward and dealing out....*cough* MASSIVE DAMAGE.

SSBM is one of the finest games ever created. The fact that you can do so much fluidly and it all make perfect sense is testament to that.

Wow thats crazy! And like Strell said, I'm sure if I took the time to learn all those things in SSBM I could figure them out and use them effectively, but I really don't see a point in it. I'd sooner do something I actually found fun lol, but if they enjoy it over other games good for them xD.

its called the bat drop combo
and L cancelling
and knowing where the sweet spot on the home run bat is for different people
or if another move is stronger than the bat
ie bob-omb, rest, judgement #9, etc.

I love super smash bros.

Like Strell said, i'm not the best with advance techniques, I can wavedash pretty well with Dr. Mario, but Peach is my main character and she is a pretty poor wavedasher so i don't bother with her too often. Besides that, she gets the L-cancel timing automatically when coming down from her float.

And Ness is such a fun character to use, i hope they don't take him or swap him out of brawl.

bread's done
Back