Stab Yourself in the FoOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know why a DVDRW drive, while burning photos to a DVD-RW via Nero 6.0, would cause a computer to reboot after about a minute's worth of burning?

I have my suspicions that it's either a power issue (voltage, overloads the computer and forces it to reboot) or a resource issue (the comp just doesn't have the clout, being a 1.4 ghz AMD chip with 512 megs of SDRAM). It could potentially be overheating period, but the machine runs fine and without problems for and with everything else.

Any ideas?

Yes, I like how the OTT is a catch-all for my questions. It's better than making a new topic, 'cuz the peeps around here seem to have enough info on 'em to help me out with whateva.

Thanks if anyone has ideas. It's my parents' comp, and I built it a few years ago, and it's chugged along more or less well enough, but this problem kinda bugs me. I'm telling my mom it's more than likely a resource thing and she needs to look into getting a cheap 200-300 dollar Dell, since that would be a major step forward for their computer.

I really can't keep up with threads anymore. Between school, madden 07, and guitar I have no time anymore.

Anyways we got new carpet layed in our living room today. I guess we are supposed to move the furniture back are selfs though since I came back from class and nothing had been replaced.

[quote name='Strell']I'm telling my mom it's more than likely a resource thing and she needs to look into getting a cheap 200-300 dollar Dell, since that would be a major step forward for their computer.[/quote]

Ebay is a good resource. We got my sister a fairly decent computer (P4, 2Ghz/256 RAM/40GB HDD/Intergrated Graphics) for like $120. Didn't come with an OS, but I had A TOTALLY LEGAL extra copy of XP Pro. Plus I added a stick of 256 to let her at least run The Sims. It wasn't from an independant buyer but rather a company that had an Ebay store dealing with refurb Dellz.

fucking Sims.

[quote name='pop311']WHAT?!?!? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHH!!![/quote]
That's the pot calling the kettle black. You've made more than your share of useless threads.

[quote name='Strell']Anyone know why a DVDRW drive, while burning photos to a DVD-RW via Nero 6.0, would cause a computer to reboot after about a minute's worth of burning?

I have my suspicions that it's either a power issue (voltage, overloads the computer and forces it to reboot) or a resource issue (the comp just doesn't have the clout, being a 1.4 ghz AMD chip with 512 megs of SDRAM). It could potentially be overheating period, but the machine runs fine and without problems for and with everything else.

Any ideas?

Yes, I like how the OTT is a catch-all for my questions. It's better than making a new topic, 'cuz the peeps around here seem to have enough info on 'em to help me out with whateva.

Thanks if anyone has ideas. It's my parents' comp, and I built it a few years ago, and it's chugged along more or less well enough, but this problem kinda bugs me. I'm telling my mom it's more than likely a resource thing and she needs to look into getting a cheap 200-300 dollar Dell, since that would be a major step forward for their computer.[/quote]
I'd put my money on power supply or possibly a bad IDE controller.

Either way, punting to a low-end PC with a DVD-burner in it, and 1GB of RAM isn't a bad idea to get around this issue.

[quote name='shrike4242']That's the pot calling the kettle black. You've made more than your share of useless threads.[/QUOTE]

rj_cold_blooded.jpg

Cold blooded!

Speaking of which:
RadioShack uses e-mail to fire 400 employees as part of planned job cuts

Associated Press

Published on: 08/30/06

FORT WORTH, Texas — RadioShack Corp. notified about 400 workers by e-mail that they were being dismissed immediately as part of planned job cuts.

Employees at the Fort Worth headquarters got messages Tuesday morning saying: "The work force reduction notification is currently in progress. Unfortunately your position is one that has been eliminated."

Company officials had told employees in a series of meetings that layoff notices would be delivered electronically, spokeswoman Kay Jackson said. She said employees were invited to ask questions before Tuesday's notification on a company intranet site.

Derrick D'Souza, a management professor at the University of North Texas, said he had never heard of such a large number of terminated employees being notified electronically. He said it could be seen as dehumanizing to employees.

"If I put myself in their shoes, I'd say, 'Didn't they have a few minutes to tell me?'" D'Souza said.

Laid-off workers got one to three weeks pay for each year of service, up to 16 weeks for hourly employees and 36 weeks for those with base bay of at least $90,000, the company said.

The company announced Aug. 10 that it would cut 400 to 450 jobs, mostly at headquarters, to cut expenses and "improve its long-term competitive position in the marketplace." RadioShack has closed nearly 500 stores, consolidated distribution centers and liquidated slow-moving merchandise in an effort to shake out of a sales slump.

Shares of RadioShack rose 29 cents, or 1.6 percent, to close at $18.21 Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.

Wow, email. That's just a new low and will only get lower when girls start doing that. Not even grateful enough for breaking up with you over aim.

[quote name='Predator21281']Wow, email. That's just a new low and will only get lower when girls start doing that. Not even grateful enough for breaking up with you over aim.[/quote]
Thanks to Radio Shack, the stereotype that managers are spineless and lazy lives on.

On another note: http://www.jesuscampthemovie.com/

I won't say anything other than I can't quite tell if the movie is supporting the ideals presented, or trying to expose them. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Predator21281']Wow, email. That's just a new low and will only get lower when girls start doing that. Not even grateful enough for breaking up with you over aim.[/quote]

Try being getting dumped via PM. Now THAT'S low.

[quote name='"the Magic Box"']Electronic Arts announced Sim City DS for Nintendo DS, the latest work of the popular simulation game, which will be based on Sim City 3000 on PC. The DS version will have a four player mode, the game will have different missions with specific goals.[/quote]
I'm excited, yet so so very apprehensive.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Try being getting dumped via PM. Now THAT'S low.[/quote]

Or a text message. :lol:

"sry u r fired tings not wrkn out gud luk in ur ndeverz ttyl"

Okay, so one of the greatest things a man could ask for has happened to me today. But it is definetly a double edged sword. It appears that a very good friend of mine, who happens to be a girl to anyone thinking of throwing out a Brokeback joke, wants to be friends with benefits. Now, my first reaction would have been "lets pull over, put the top up, and get going". But she is one of my best friends, and I'm a bit worried that this might ruin our friendship. She says it wont, but I'm unsure. What do you guys think? I'm probably going to act on impulse and do it anyway, but lets get some opinions.

[quote name='Ahadi']Okay, so one of the greatest things a man could ask for has happened to me today. But it is definetly a double edged sword. It appears that a very good friend of mine, who happens to be a girl to anyone thinking of throwing out a Brokeback joke, wants to be friends with benefits. Now, my first reaction would have been "lets pull over, put the top up, and get going". But she is one of my best friends, and I'm a bit worried that this might ruin our friendship. She says it wont, but I'm unsure. What do you guys think? I'm probably going to act on impulse and do it anyway, but lets get some opinions.[/quote]

So long as no emotions get in the way, you'll be just fine.

[quote name='Ahadi']Okay, so one of the greatest things a man could ask for has happened to me today. But it is definetly a double edged sword. It appears that a very good friend of mine, who happens to be a girl to anyone thinking of throwing out a Brokeback joke, wants to be friends with benefits. Now, my first reaction would have been "lets pull over, put the top up, and get going". But she is one of my best friends, and I'm a bit worried that this might ruin our friendship. She says it wont, but I'm unsure. What do you guys think? I'm probably going to act on impulse and do it anyway, but lets get some opinions.[/quote]

Be careful. If it came out the clear blue she may have ulterior motives. While it is possible to have a friend with benefits, it can cause problems on down the line.

Yeah, I might just see if she wants to do the whole girlfriend thing, so it can be kind of offical, or something. But I duno... I'll play the next couple days out real cool like, and see what her intentions are, aside from, well you know, getting laid and all.

[quote name='Ahadi']Yeah, I might just see if she wants to do the whole girlfriend thing, so it can be kind of offical, or something. But I duno... I'll play the next couple days out real cool like, and see what her intentions are, aside from, well you know, getting laid and all.[/quote]

Make sure you stick it in her pooper.

[quote name='Ahadi']Yeah, I might just see if she wants to do the whole girlfriend thing, so it can be kind of offical, or something. But I duno... I'll play the next couple days out real cool like, and see what her intentions are, aside from, well you know, getting laid and all.[/QUOTE]

If you blow this, we're gonna throw down.

If the first 10 minutes (cut scenes excluded) is indicative of the entire game, than Dirge of Cerberus is the best contender for my worst game of the year.

[quote name='Ahadi']Okay, so one of the greatest things a man could ask for has happened to me today. But it is definetly a double edged sword. It appears that a very good friend of mine, who happens to be a girl to anyone thinking of throwing out a Brokeback joke, wants to be friends with benefits. Now, my first reaction would have been "lets pull over, put the top up, and get going". But she is one of my best friends, and I'm a bit worried that this might ruin our friendship. She says it wont, but I'm unsure. What do you guys think? I'm probably going to act on impulse and do it anyway, but lets get some opinions.[/QUOTE]
You gay?

[quote name='Ahadi']Okay, so one of the greatest things a man could ask for has happened to me today. But it is definetly a double edged sword. It appears that a very good friend of mine, who happens to be a girl to anyone thinking of throwing out a Brokeback joke, wants to be friends with benefits. Now, my first reaction would have been "lets pull over, put the top up, and get going". But she is one of my best friends, and I'm a bit worried that this might ruin our friendship. She says it wont, but I'm unsure. What do you guys think? I'm probably going to act on impulse and do it anyway, but lets get some opinions.[/QUOTE] Are you prepared for it to develop into something more than just that? It doesn't matter what she says, emotions will get involved. If you can/want to deal with that, then go for it. If not, don't.

There is possibility that she wants him to get her pregnant...

On another note, don't you fucking hate it that when you get done doing all the dishes, you look like 5 feet away and see a couple that you missed???

Look:

It's going to change your friendship but refusing will also change your friendship since she clearly has some interest in you.

Therefor you should go with the best option, which as always is the one involving the pants party.

[quote name='Tiphireth']Jesus Christ. Since when did Blade: The Series turn into Silence of the Lambs? :whistle2:s[/quote]

Wow..thought that that would have been cancelled by now...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Wow..thought that that would have been cancelled by now...[/quote]

It's gotten pretty fukken disturbing. :/

[quote name='jmcc']Why didn't anyone tell me about this?! http://www.sloganizer.net/en/[/QUOTE]

«There's only one thing in the world I want and that is bukake.»

«bukake, so what!»

«bukake evolution.»

«hhmmmmm... bukake.»

«bukake for your kids!»

The kids one wierded me out so I had to change the word....

«It must be CAG.»

«Where the hell is CAG?»

«CAG, love it or leave it.»

«I'd sleep with CAG.»

that is a great site.

[quote name='Tiphireth']It's gotten pretty fukken disturbing. :/[/quote]

I can't really say much as I haven't seen any yet. I missed the premire, but I downloaded it. Still yet to watch it...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I can't really say much as I haven't seen any yet. I missed the premire, but I downloaded it. Still yet to watch it...[/quote]

You ain't missin' much. The movies are where it's at.

[quote name='Tiphireth']You ain't missin' much. The movies are where it's at.[/quote]

Thats pretty much what I figured...though I've yet to see the third one

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Thats pretty much what I figured...though I've yet to see the third one[/QUOTE]It had Ryan Reynolds. I think that about sums it up.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Thats pretty much what I figured...though I've yet to see the third one[/quote]

Eh. See it if you've got the BB movie pass or something, but don't spend money unless you're really interested. The plot's pretty much

Whistler dies

Then Blade teams up with a bunch of youngins and fight evil. Meh.

[quote name='Tiphireth']Eh. See it if you've got the BB movie pass or something, but don't spend money unless you're really interested. The plot's pretty much

Whistler dies

Then Blade teams up with a bunch of youngins and fight evil. Meh.[/QUOTE]

I want to see Trinity. :cool:

[quote name='Tiphireth']Eh. See it if you've got the BB movie pass or something, but don't spend money unless you're really interested.[/quote]

Why bother renting it when I can watch it for free on Starz OnDemand...lol

I have been meaning to watch eitehr way

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back