STALKER: Call of Pripyat $10 at Target B&M - YMMV.

gcorlett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I spotted STALKER: Call of Pripyat at a local Target for 50% off: $9.99 instead of $19.99.

It had an official sale tag on the shelf. My guess (speculation!) would be that they are trying to clear old shelf space. Still, there were several copies available. But YMMV.

Note that this game is $15 list price on Steam now, but this sale might be attractive to people who prefer their games off Steam.

hmm this is the sequel right? I was wondering ifit would be cheaper to get this and the other game or look for the bundle that has them all. Im actually gonna have to get a new computer set up soon and was looking to get back into PC gaming. I seem to recall this game got decent reviews back when it came out

Picked this up when it was $2.50 from Amazon for a couple days over New Years. Pripyat Complete mod just came out, the game is MUCH better than Clear Sky but I still think SoC holds the crown for the series. Definitely worth $10 though.

If anyone knows the link to the Target inventory tracker, I'd be grateful. I'd pick up a $10 copy of this despite having it digitally already for the included extras (as it's the "Collector's Edition").

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm this is the sequel right? I was wondering ifit would be cheaper to get this and the other game or look for the bundle that has them all. Im actually gonna have to get a new computer set up soon and was looking to get back into PC gaming. I seem to recall this game got decent reviews back when it came out[/QUOTE]

Call of Pripyat is the 3rd game, released in North America in Feb 2010. "Shadow of Chernobyl" was the first. "Clear Sky" was the 2nd, a prequel. "Call of Pripyat" is the 3rd, a sequel to the first.

The 1st and 3rd games have been bundled together for Steam sales on several occasions. For some reason, they leave the 2nd game out of the bundle. Perhaps because the reviews were poor? Dunno. I only played the 1st one. It's challenging and engaging. Gun combat is difficult!

One thing is for sure, you get a lot of game play for a very low price. Perfect for CAGers.

As Hydro2Oxide said, look for the "STALKER Complete" mods for these games. They upgrade the graphics, AI, and interface and fix small bugs without damaging the core game.

Saw it this morning for $9.99, had to pass.

Finished SoC still need to start CS. By the time I get around to it, CoP should be $3-$5 on Steam or GoGamer.

bread's done
Back