Stand by for Titanfall!

I cannot wait for this game to come out. I have played in both betas and have had nothing but fun. I actually enjoy running around vs being in the titan. Really hope this game does well and has plenty of MP maps.

I think MS should lock it up if they haven't already. Gears of War wasn't as big when it first launched but it managed to become a pretty big blockbuster series. Even if the first games doesn't sell as much as a AAA title does it has a lot of potential. Since the number of Xbox One's out there is relatively low because it just came out they know it will not do blockbuster numbers but it should do pretty good since there really isn't anything else to play on it other than BF4, Forza and even though it's a terrible game, COD Ghosts.
I think that it may be more like Mass Effect than Gears in terms of if it goes multi-platform. More of a timed exclusive for Xbox than completely exclusive.

This game isn't exclusive, been playing the beta on PC for the weekend and it's fantastic with mouse and keyboard.  Half the time I can't even tell if we are winning or losing until the announcer say something.

I like being the one with a shotgun, no one expects me to come up and blast them to bits with one shot.  Stealth got me to rank 3 on my first game, then stealth and shotgun got to level 5 in my second game.

Anyway, private message me if you want an xbox one beta code.  I have one...can't use it.  I don't have an xbox one.

where did you get that their i only 3 titans in the game?
That has been reported before, direct from Respawn: Atlas, Stryder and Ogre are the 3 Titan classes. Whether others will appear at some point is unknown.

Plenty of modifications to be made across the 3 types.. am very curious what special ordnances and abilities each have, and if they are all different between classes, some are shared, etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just me, but this game seems like a cluster **** while playing. Most of the time I have no clue what is actually going on. I'm never sure why the other team is beating the crap out of my team. I've only played deathmatch so that could be it too. It just feels like there is a lack of skill needed to play this game and be decent
Yup. In fairness it usually takes me longer to memorize maps than most. But with all the running and jumping it can get confusing. They are winning becuase of the scoring the other team is simply getting more kills than you in Attrition. And as far as the Drop ship. I'm playing on PC and that thing is doomed if the team is at all component. On top of that it takes FOREVER to get there. Try holding those positions very long. Every time I get there it usually an enemy titan there ready to say hello and somebody else camping the point.

I must not have been paying attention... completing challenges opens up additional weapon mods. They aren't tied to level like tactical abilities, ordnance, or tier kits.

Nice. Still have a few things to unlock.

Did anyone else have their Xbox One screen go black? I had this happen 3 times while Titanfall was running. Once while in a match, luckily the screen returned about 15 seconds later.

Did anyone else have their Xbox One screen go black? I had this happen 3 times while Titanfall was running. Once while in a match, luckily the screen returned about 15 seconds later.
This happened to me. I hit the guide button as a level was loading up and the screen went black. I could still hear audio, but my screen was completely back. Had to hard reset my box for it to correct itself.

What controller scheme are you guys using. I feel like I barely use the jump/wall run because it's the A button. Ugh i suck
Watching the live stream that IGN did I had to agree with one of the hardcore gamers they had there playing the game for them, switch to bumper controls. Jump with the left bumper instead of A as you'll have your right thumb on the right analog stick.

So rumor is 15 maps, 33 weapons and split screen.

This close to the launch date that's not a good sign. I guess we are going to see a launch day patch. (I hope)
Who knows if it was the game or the xbox. Plus according to some respawn worker twitters this beta is not even the current build that soon will be going gold. They did not say how old it is but I would guess at least near launch of x1 build.

Isn't the team behind Titanfall around 70 people? If it's a small studio like that, maybe simple preference of console drove them to make it exclusive to Microsoft. Of course big companies like Square or Capcom or something would maximize PROFIT$$$$ and make games for both, so maybe the team behind this just wants to make they game they want opposed to making the bottom line
Nope. If you've followed this game's development, you'd know that Zampella and West wanted to release it to all platforms. But EA, as the publisher, had control over that, and they chose to make a deal with Microsoft. Zampella and West want the largest player base they can get, making it exclusive to Microsoft's platforms doesn't benefit that.

Not sure how large the team that made it is, but I am surprised that EA didn't try to push it for all platforms. That's also why I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft paid to have it on the Xbox systems only.
This is well known and has been reported. Microsoft paid EA to keep Titanfall exclusive. Presumably they are paying them in excess of whatever profits EA expected to gain if they had released Titanfall for the PS3/PS4 as well.

Cause fuck Sony! If they wanna keep Last of Us and Uncharted exclusive, we're keeping Titanfall! Lol. But seriously. fuck em.
I wasn't aware Naughty Dog was owned by Sony. Either way. Xbox should keep this exclusive.
My reasoning is sound. I still say fuck Sony, but I want Titanfall to stay an exclusive. We need our exclusives as well.
True, Microsoft needs exclusives to sell the Xbone, especially since it's obviously the weaker platform for 3rd party games. But whereas Sony owns studios and pumps out fresh IPs like Uncharted and TLOU, among many others, Microsoft chose to pay EA to keep Titanfall exclusive to PC/Xbox 360/Xbox One. I hope you can see how this does not benefit gamers. Sony took their money and made something new, something great. Microsoft took their money and gave it to EA so that Playstation owners couldn't play the game, thereby giving incentive to purchase the Microsoft platform. Gamers did not benefit from this arrangement, only Microsoft and EA did. That's why it sucks.

[quote name="Spybreak9" post="11534208" timestamp="1392655341"]Watching the live stream that IGN did I had to agree with one of the hardcore gamers they had there playing the game for them, switch to bumper controls. Jump with the left bumper instead of A as you'll have your right thumb on the right analog stick.

So rumor is 15 maps, 33 weapons and split screen.[/quote]

Cool yeah I'm going to try that. I'm playing on PC but popped my 360 controller to play and realized jumping was going to be a problem. My PC mouse sucks too much to get any kills.

Nope. If you've followed this game's development, you'd know that Zampella and West wanted to release it to all platforms. But EA, as the publisher, had control over that, and they chose to make a deal with Microsoft. Zampella and West want the largest player base they can get, making it exclusive to Microsoft's platforms doesn't benefit that.

This is well known and has been reported. Microsoft paid EA to keep Titanfall exclusive. Presumably they are paying them in excess of whatever profits EA expected to gain if they had released Titanfall for the PS3/PS4 as well.

True, Microsoft needs exclusives to sell the Xbone, especially since it's obviously the weaker platform for 3rd party games. But whereas Sony owns studios and pumps out fresh IPs like Uncharted and TLOU, among many others, Microsoft chose to pay EA to keep Titanfall exclusive to PC/Xbox 360/Xbox One. I hope you can see how this does not benefit gamers. Sony took their money and made something new, something great. Microsoft took their money and gave it to EA so that Playstation owners couldn't play the game, thereby giving incentive to purchase the Microsoft platform. Gamers did not benefit from this arrangement, only Microsoft and EA did. That's why it sucks.
that could be said for both systems when it comes for exclusvies. Last gen no one said well i have to buy ps3 because it's more powerfull then 360 whe it comes to 3rd party's. ps3 came back in system sales because of the great exlusives they have it had nothing to do with power of system. For me from last year e3 i liked the xbone only games i seen like quantom break and sunset drive compared to ps4 only games which why i went with xbone first. Plus man devs are coming out to say xbox one games will get better over time just like ps3 game did.

what new thing is sony make other then second son that makes people want ps4? Alot of people i talk to are looking to see more info about quontombreak by the makers of alan wake and sunsetdrive.

Gamers do not benefit from exclusives, whether its Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo. That said, these are companies who are in the business of making money and creating new streams of revenue. They don't do it for our enjoyment and pleasure. They want our money. That is all.

that could be said for both systems when it comes for exclusvies. Last gen no one said well i have to buy ps3 because it's more powerfull then 360 whe it comes to 3rd party's. ps3 came back in system sales because of the great exlusives they have it had nothing to do with power of system. For me from last year e3 i liked the xbone only games i seen like quantom break and sunset drive compared to ps4 only games which why i went with xbone first. Plus man devs are coming out to say xbox one games will get better over time just like ps3 game did.

what new thing is sony make other then second son that makes people want ps4? Alot of people i talk to are looking to see more info about quontombreak by the makers of alan wake and sunsetdrive.
Last gen no one said the PS3 was better because it wasn't true for a very long time. The cell architecture on the PS3 made it difficult to code for, at least initially when the developers were still learning how to code for it, and 3rd party games for the first few years of both consoles were definitely better on the 360. It's only in the last few years that we've seen the PS3 versions of 3rd party games edge out the 360.

True, Xbox One games will get better over time, but so will PS4 games. And there is undeniably more raw power in the PS4 than the Xbox One. Stick your head in the sand if that makes you feel better, but it's true. Will it factor into the lifetime sales of each platform? It's hard to say, but for me, I want the best version of 3rd party games.

And regarding platform exclusives, I'm not sure why inFamous is the only game on your list for PS4. Driveclub comes out late spring or summer, and The Order 1886 will be in the fall. Uncharted 4 probably won't make it this year, but it's in development. There will certainly be a sequel to TLOU in a few years, which is how long it's going to take for the next Gears of War to come out.

Regardless, I don't think we need to get into an Xbox One vs. PS4 pissing match. Both are fine consoles. I played my 360 a helluva lot more than I played my PS3 last gen, and I'll buy an Xbox One when it has enough exclusives to justify the purchase.

The issue I have is with Microsoft taking a game already in development like Titanfall and paying for its exclusivity. This business practice does not help gamers in any way. Complain about Sony's exclusives all you want, but at least they're doing it the right way. They take the risk on a new IP, but then get the reward when it pays off. Microsoft let EA take the risk on a new IP, and now they're throwing money at them for platform exclusivity. This is not a positive thing for gamers.

Gamers do not benefit from exclusives, whether its Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo. That said, these are companies who are in the business of making money and creating new streams of revenue. They don't do it for our enjoyment and pleasure. They want our money. That is all.
Totally agree with you. But funding development of a new IP is clearly the lesser of two evils. It creates something we wouldn't have otherwise. Microsoft buying Titanfall's exclusivity is just taking away a game PlayStation gamers would have had otherwise.

Totally agree with you. But funding development of a new IP is clearly the lesser of two evils. It creates something we wouldn't have otherwise. Microsoft buying Titanfall's exclusivity is just taking away a game PlayStation gamers would have had otherwise.
you don't think sony would ever do it? they already pay to have like a hour or so extra game content on their system for some games in recent year or two. Like he said both sony and ms could give rats butt about how or what we say they just do things to get our money.

You are correct ethically but logically they are the same.

It's just two different business models. The Pharmaceutical industry follows a similar business model to MS. Biotech companies develop drugs and Big Pharma buys the patents. It's simply an exercise in allocation of risk. Basically MS shifts the risk and costs onto the developers in return they pay a higher fee to buy the product but get to pick and choose what games they think will be successful and invest wisely.

you don't think sony would ever do it? they already pay to have like a hour or so extra game content on their system for some games in recent year or two. Like he said both sony and ms could give rats butt about how or what we say they just do things to get our money.
Would Sony do it? Sure, maybe, I don't know. But we know Microsoft did it, which is what I'm focused on.

And yes, Sony has pushed the "Extra Game Content" method, whereas Microsoft has generally done the "Timed Exclusive" strategy. Neither of those benefit gamers, either.

You are correct ethically but logically they are the same.

It's just two different business models. The Pharmaceutical industry follows a similar business model to MS. Biotech companies develop drugs and Big Pharma buys the patents. It's simply an exercise in allocation of risk. Basically MS shifts the risk and costs onto the developers in return they pay a higher fee to buy the product but get to pick and choose what games they think will be successful and invest wisely.
I realize they are different business models, but one model is beneficial to gamers, while the other is not. If Microsoft did not pay for Titanfall's exclusivity, it would be available on all platforms. If Sony did not fund the next Naughty Dog game, it would not exist.

Do you see how one method is bad for us, while the other is good? Sure, it's a valid business model, but that doesn't mean it is good for the consumers. Microsoft took money which could have been funneled into developing a new IP, and they bought platform exclusivity on a title from a 3rd party that would have been released on all platforms if Microsoft had not paid for the exclusivity. Essentially these are wasted dollars for the entire industry as a whole.

Would Sony do it? Sure, maybe, I don't know. But we know Microsoft did it, which is what I'm focused on.

And yes, Sony has pushed the "Extra Game Content" method, whereas Microsoft has generally done the "Timed Exclusive" strategy. Neither of those benefit gamers, either.

I realize they are different business models, but one model is beneficial to gamers, while the other is not. If Microsoft did not pay for Titanfall's exclusivity, it would be available on all platforms. If Sony did not fund the next Naughty Dog game, it would not exist.

Do you see how one method is bad for us, while the other is good? Sure, it's a valid business model, but that doesn't mean it is good for the consumers. Microsoft took money which could have been funneled into developing a new IP, and they bought platform exclusivity on a title from a 3rd party that would have been released on all platforms if Microsoft had not paid for the exclusivity. Essentially these are wasted dollars for the entire industry as a whole.
Flawed logic. You are assuming that the folks at Naughty Dog would not be making amazing games if not funded by Sony and that's not the case. There are plenty of PC gamers who hate console exclusives because they don't get to enjoy these games. I'm sure whatever Microsoft paid EA or Respawn for the exclusivity will assure that they make other games or pay their investors. That too is beneficial to gamers. You think what Sony does is more noble (I agree) but at the end of the day it is a business and pretending what Microsoft does is somehow underhanded or evil is silly.

Flawed logic. You are assuming that the folks at Naughty Dog would not be making amazing games if not funded by Sony and that's not the case. There are plenty of PC gamers who hate console exclusives because they don't get to enjoy these games. I'm sure whatever Microsoft paid EA or Respawn for the exclusivity will assure that they make other games or pay their investors. That too is beneficial to gamers. You think what Sony does is more noble (I agree) but at the end of the day it is a business and pretending what Microsoft does is somehow underhanded or evil is silly.
Never said it was "underhanded" or "evil." It's wasteful.

Regarding my "flawed logic," would the folks at Naughty Dog be working somewhere else if Naughty Dog didn't exist? Sure, they're a talented group of developers. But if you take away development groups, that has a trickle down effect. They take the jobs of lesser-qualified developers, and those people take the jobs of even lesser-qualified developers. Ultimately, the lack of money poured into game development does have an effect on the industry. You would see less games produced, and those that would be produced would likely be of lesser quality. That's why wasting money to secure a 3rd party exclusive hurts the industry. It's good money wasted.

Never said it was "underhanded" or "evil." It's wasteful.

Regarding my "flawed logic," would the folks at Naughty Dog be working somewhere else if Naughty Dog didn't exist? Sure, they're a talented group of developers. But if you take away development groups, that has a trickle down effect. They take the jobs of lesser-qualified developers, and those people take the jobs of even lesser-qualified developers. Ultimately, the lack of money poured into game development does have an effect on the industry. You would see less games produced, and those that would be produced would likely be of lesser quality. That's why wasting money to secure a 3rd party exclusive hurts the industry. It's good money wasted.
I know if Uncharted was multi-platform last gen I wouldn't even have a PS3. Buying out studios is the same thing as paying for an exclusive or buying out a franchise.

Anyways, Titanfall is a really good game and I will definitely be pre-ordering it for the Xbox One.

After playing for several days I just learned you can self destruct your Titan beforehand and eject. Decided to play the PC version and see how big the graphical difference was, and as I was playing I noticed an eject key and it got me thinking to where it was on the Xbox One.

Needless to say it's mapped to Up D-Pad case anyone hasn't yet discovered it. :p

You guys want to talk about Titanfall and exclusivity in the gaming industry, make a new thread.

Community Manager and VO Actor Abby Heppe talks about the two campaign multiplayer, you'll be able to play through more scripted events on those multiplayer maps as the IMC & Militia. 

Also, human shot-put lol.

http://youtu.be/4IsD_Xcnpc0

Also Gamespot is doing a new feature called The Next Big Game with Titanfall being the first game they're using. I'd expect to see Destiny and Infamous Second Son on this feature later this year. 

What controller scheme are you guys using. I feel like I barely use the jump/wall run because it's the A button. Ugh i suck
Used to use A button, but after seeing that same stream as you guys, moved it to LB. Much better.

I'm way, way better in a Titan than I am on foot, though.. oy.

Would be a great selling point if the game does achieve Split-Screen but I doubt it'll happen since the Developer pointed towards otherwise.

Although it's possible they've been experimenting with it and don't want to say anything until they're sure it'll work.

Well pre-ordered the 360 version, sure hope Bluepoint does the 360 version justice. Used an old Christmas Amazon Gift Card so putting release day shipping wasn't such a hit on the ol' wallet. I'll usually do free shipping and wait but I don't think I'll be able to do that since I have to wait for the 25th.

Anyone see the controller at any other stores other than Best Buy?  I have two unopened PS4 controllers that I would like to return to WalMart if they have a TitanFall controller. 

are most of you guys getting  it on xbox one? instead of xbox 360?

Is it officially over?
sign ups for the beta are over but the beta is ongoing now if you have a code already. the beta will last until the game ships. So for those of us lucky to get a code, I'll be playing this until they shut down the beta. Not sure if I'd actually buy the game until I find a good price, not sure it's worth $60 + tax. I don't see any good pre-order deals for the game at all...

sign ups for the beta are over but the beta is ongoing now if you have a code already. the beta will last until the game ships. So for those of us lucky to get a code, I'll be playing this until they shut down the beta. Not sure if I'd actually buy the game until I find a good price, not sure it's worth $60 + tax. I don't see any good pre-order deals for the game at all...
Beta on Xbox One has been open since yesterday so it's not really us "Lucky few" PC beta is open to anyone who previously signed up on Origin for it.

I've been playing the Beta and like it a so far, but without any single player, I doubt I'll be picking it up until it drops in price a good bit. Is it just me though, or does it feel like you are kicking ass in a game only to find out at the end that you finished in the middle of the pack? 

beta is done for everyone tues night unless im missig something

bread's done
Back