Stand Down Mel OTT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Well, that's probably true, though I didn't see the ep.

Also ...

:cool: Thank you, and good night. You've been a great crowd. :cool:
[/QUOTE]

Just not the same as hitting 10K is it?:cool:

[quote name='crazytalkx']Sigh........they diagnosed my friend's younger brother with autism....[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, it's always hard when you're forced to realize that you aren't actually that unique afterall.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Sigh........they diagnosed my friend's younger brother with autism....[/QUOTE]
It's definitely hard, but as long as the kid has the love and support from family (especially your friend), he'll turn out relatively good.

[quote name='Scorch']Eh, most of his posts are in the movie and music threads. And the OTT.

Strange but true: Sub's last post in the video game deal forum was way back in September '05[/QUOTE]Yeah, I pretty much only go to the DVD deals board these days, I was spending too much money on games I'd never play. :lol:[quote name='shrike4242']*insert Logan's Run reference about Lastday*[/QUOTE]fuck, you are old. :lol: ;)[quote name='zionoverfire']Just not the same as hitting 10K is it?:cool:[/QUOTE]It's the same, only more so. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'] Yeah, I pretty much only go to the DVD deals board these days, I was spending too much money on games I'd never play.[/QUOTE]

I've been feeling like that lately too.

Hell, I'm even like that with DVDs nowadays too. There's a few DVDs I was going to pick up this week and I'm still debating even though I have multiple gift cards, so the cash isn't really even coming out of my pocket...

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I've been feeling like that lately too.

Hell, I'm even like that with DVDs nowadays too. There's a few DVDs I was going to pick up this week and I'm still debating even though I have multiple gift cards, so the cash isn't really even coming out of my pocket...[/QUOTE]I still have stuff left unwatched from the DDD 20% off sale. 3 sales ago. :lol:

I did buy and watch Waiting ... yesterday though, and it was good.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']fuck you! I didn't realize that it was out this week. Damn it, that's $15 down the drain.[/QUOTE]

Make that $20. I mean I had to get 2 for $20 with Van Wilder, its the best deal available...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Make that $20. I mean I had to get 2 for $20 with Van Wilder, its the best deal available...[/QUOTE]Where was that? Not that I needed Van Wilder, but I didn't even check the ads. I just happened to be out. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Where was that? Not that I needed Van Wilder, but I didn't even check the ads. I just happened to be out. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Bust Buy

I was just updating my wishlist on IGN and noticed that "the Movies" and "Taxi Driver" were both canned... even though taxi driver would had been terrible it still would had been an awesome thing to have since its my favorite movie.

[quote name='onetrackmind']I was just updating my wishlist on IGN and noticed that "the Movies" and "Taxi Driver" were both canned... even though taxi driver would had been terrible it still would had been an awesome thing to have since its my favorite movie.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I remember them talking about that game. I was, and still am, wondering how they could fill an entire game but it seems as if they finally figured that out as well.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Bust Buy[/QUOTE]That's where I bought it, but I didn't see anything about the 2 for $20. Strange.

If I happen to be out in the next few days maybe I'll go back there and see what's up.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']That's where I bought it, but I didn't see anything about the 2 for $20. Strange.

If I happen to be out in the next few days maybe I'll go back there and see what's up.[/QUOTE]

Well you know how they can be about advertising specials...

I thought my store was out of the Waiting DVD itself but then managed to find a couple (although there were even less widescreen ones) and I got the last copy of Van Wilder they had in stock.

Still cant find my fucking DS. I remember not caring too much that my PSP was stolen out of my car, but i'm actually quite pissed that I just cant find my DS.

I should tether that thing to a wall...yeah, that'll teach it to not be a portable...

[quote name='Moxio']Yeah. It was actually a pretty quick download for ~2 GB. :)

I tried it. It really reminds me of Guild Wars, to tell you the truth. Pretty fun, but the server lags up a lot (I know I can handle it graphically) because of the sheer amount of people. Talk about "stress test".[/QUOTE]

We'll have to get together sometime. My download was fast but didn't finish until last night around 1. I installed it this mornign ebfore work and logged on, but haven't made a character yet.

I was reading the characters. The warforged look overpowered due to their immunities. Also, the Dwarves better get their combat bonuses against giants and orcs. It doesn't show any.

Also, when does your account expire. My email stated that I only had till the 10th. But my actual account states that it doesn't expire until March 2nd. It would be cool to get a month out of it.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']We'll have to get together sometime. My download was fast but didn't finish until last night around 1. I installed it this mornign ebfore work and logged on, but haven't made a character yet.

I was reading the characters. The warforged look overpowered due to their immunities. Also, the Dwarves better get their combat bonuses against giants and orcs. It doesn't show any.

Also, when does your account expire. My email stated that I only had till the 10th. But my actual account states that it doesn't expire until March 2nd. It would be cool to get a month out of it.[/QUOTE]

Sure! That'd be fine with me.

The character creation is actually pretty good. I like how they offer so many colors for hair and whatnot (strangely no option for eye color but whatever).

I tried some of the tuts first. Seems fine to me.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Still cant find my fucking DS. I remember not caring too much that my PSP was stolen out of my car, but i'm actually quite pissed that I just cant find my DS.

I should tether that thing to a wall...yeah, that'll teach it to not be a portable...[/QUOTE]

Thats why you should have tied it to your pocket, thats what I do with my psp when I take it with me...I tie something to it and attach it to my belt loop...sure if anyone notices it looks dorky, but at least I know that it wont be stolen...(until I walk into a dark alley...)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Oh yeah, I remember them talking about that game. I was, and still am, wondering how they could fill an entire game but it seems as if they finally figured that out as well.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't because of a crappy build, but that Majesco bombed on their financials in the fall (made 10% of what they made the fall before, ie. $4.6 million).

Waking up this morning was not fun...

There are way too many games that I want to play and way too little time. Maybe if I stop going to school...

[quote name='beerguy961']Waking up this morning was not fun...

There are way too many games that I want to play and way too little time. Maybe if I stop going to school...[/QUOTE]

I try not to play too many games, but recently this has been happening too. :(

[quote name='Moxio']I try not to play too many games, but recently this has been happening too. :([/QUOTE]
All I know is that the week Twilight Princess comes out, I better not have any tests. Otherwise I'll just fail them.

[quote name='beerguy961']All I know is that the week Twilight Princess comes out, I better not have any tests. Otherwise I'll just fail them.[/QUOTE]

:lol: That's true. Goddamn I want that game.

Same goes for other big releases (Final Fantasy XII, Halo 3, etc.). Why can't schools just plan ahead and put finals away from these things? E3 comes to mind. X_X

I'm trying to figure out my schedule for next week. Grandia 3 comes out, and I want to give it a good day of playing...but I'm not sure when Gamerush will get it in...argh.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I'm trying to figure out my schedule for next week. Grandia 3 comes out, and I want to give it a good day of playing...but I'm not sure when Gamerush will get it in...argh.[/QUOTE]
I can get away with a day of gaming, but Twilight Princess requires me to devote a solid week to it. Hell, the week after I got Super Mario Advance 2, a game I had already beaten at least 3 times before that, I spent no time doing homework for 3 days and just beat that game over and over again...

[quote name='beerguy961']I can get away with a day of gaming, but Twilight Princess requires me to devote a solid week to it. Hell, the week after I got Super Mario Advance 2, a game I had already beaten at least 3 times before that, I spent no time doing homework for 3 days and just beat that game over and over again...[/QUOTE]

That'll be a 4 day weekend for me.
Me
Couch
Revo (or cube, depending on timing)
Phone
Pizza Delivery list
Mini-Fridge

Hell, I may have to do that next week, sounds fun

Tonight should be interesting. I'm going with my GF's father, Sister and one of her friends to see Shinichiro Watanabe along with clips from his shows and the animatrix. I'm gonna take my Cowboy Bebop cd cover to get signed by him, if they do any sort of signings...not sure. All new to me.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Tonight should be interesting. I'm going with my GF's father, Sister and one of her friends to see Shinichiro Watanabe along with clips from his shows and the animatrix. I'm gonna take my Cowboy Bebop cd cover to get signed by him, if they do any sort of signings...not sure. All new to me.[/QUOTE]I expect a full report by morning. Pictures too, if possible.

Yep. New batteries and reliable empty mem card set and ready to go.

Tommorow I'll give a full report on how I was a dumbass and left it at home.

[quote name='Danro']I got 17, had a hard time remembering Garden State.[/QUOTE]How can that be? What, you haven't seen it 10+ times like I have? Perposterous. :shock: :shame: :lol:

Well I am filling out this application for a four bedroom apartment for next year and I must say it is very confusing and flat out annoying way to do it. A non-refundable $35 application fee and some $200 reservation fee suck ass as well.

All in all its $300 a month, all utilities paid, fully furnished 4 bed 4 bath apartment.

[quote name='flowery']Well I am filling out this application for a four bedroom apartment for next year and I must say it is very confusing and flat out annoying way to do it. A non-refundable $35 application fee and some $200 reservation fee suck ass as well.

All in all its $300 a month, all utilities paid, fully furnished 4 bed 4 bath apartment.[/QUOTE]Sounds like a great deal, but all I have to compare it to is my sister's apartment in Jersey. :lol:

Well, I logged onto DDO and created my fist character. "Ackbar Forgefist." I feel so lame.

Anyway, I like some things at first. but is it just me or do things lag badly. Supposedly the latency was 40ms. But it seemed worse to me. I'm wondering if it's my graphics card, because I have everything turned up at 1680x1050. But I have a 7800GTX. So I should be at least Okay.

Were you having similar problems Moxio?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Sounds like a great deal, but all I have to compare it to is my sister's apartment in Jersey. :lol:[/QUOTE]

At least he wont have to be submitted to hours and hours of Garden State every day ;)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Well, I logged onto DDO and created my fist character. "Ackbar Forgefist." I feel so lame.

Anyway, I like some things at first. but is it just me or do things lag badly. Supposedly the latency was 40ms. But it seemed worse to me. I'm wondering if it's my graphics card, because I have everything turned up at 1680x1050. But I have a 7800GTX. So I should be at least Okay.

Were you having similar problems Moxio?[/QUOTE]

I had that exact problem.

The problem is, though, not our graphics cards, but the server itself. Since this is a stress test, there's TONS of people online. I noticed that they were all bunched together, also, especially in the tavern. It was so bad I actually lagged out. :cry:

Hmmm..I'm confused. I just saw an advertisment on Fox for Arrested Development. Now, I knew they cancelled it and were airing the last four episodes this Friday. Yet Fox only advertised it as "The Best Comedy on TV" and that it was the "Season Finale"...Did they suddenly realize they were wrong to cancel it or something?

[quote name='karsh']Hmmm..I'm confused. I just saw an advertisment on Fox for Arrested Development. Now, I knew they cancelled it and were airing the last four episodes this Friday. Yet Fox only advertised it as "The Best Comedy on TV" and that it was the "Season Finale"...Did they suddenly realize they were wrong to cancel it or something?[/QUOTE]

hopefully they did. If they give it a good timeslot the show has shown it can perform well, but they have been giving it a raw deal all year.

Well, I just bought Teen Titans s1 on Amazon (I decided I'd get Battle Royale from the library, and shipping for RE: DS was too much) and I got invited to a free Amazon Prime trial! So, woohoo. Free two day shipping!

I wish EA Canada got up to speed by allowing dynasties, rosters, settings, etc in the settings portion of the menu for the MVP series, but it's been this way for years. :whistle2:( I also wish the game didn't require the save files to be in the first memory card slot.

THe silent login for the ESPN Ticker is not so silent as it takes about a minute or so to login at the start of the game. It's still a very cool feature, though.

Damn it. There's too many betas out there! First D&D: Stormreach and now HoM&M 5? Crap! I'm being swallowed by games.... :cry:

[quote name='Moxio']Damn it. There's too many betas out there! First D&D: Stormreach and now HoM&M 5? Crap! I'm being swallowed by games.... :cry:[/QUOTE]
From what I've heard, the HoM&M 5 beta wasn't so hot. There was actually a petition to push the release date back so it would have more time in development

http://www.saveheroes.org/

[quote name='dcfox']From what I've heard, the HoM&M 5 beta wasn't so hot. There was actually a petition to push the release date back so it would have more time in development

http://www.saveheroes.org/[/QUOTE]

My only concern is that they make it more balanced than 4, that game was a nightmare to play.

[quote name='dcfox']From what I've heard, the HoM&M 5 beta wasn't so hot. There was actually a petition to push the release date back so it would have more time in development

http://www.saveheroes.org/[/QUOTE]

Eh. I'm still going to play it though, simply because I grew up with the series. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back