Staples - Additional 50% off Clearance Games

Eoyote

CAGiversary!
Just got back from Staples (the one across the street from Chinook Centre, Calgary) where they had a couple of bins full of games marked down for clearance. When I was paying for my games at the till, I noticed they were ringing up at an additional 50% off. When I enquired with the manager (the same guy at the till) he informed me that this further discount was applicable to any game with a yellow clearance tag.

They had quite a few titles, more than I could remember. These were the ones that stood out to me (prices are after 50% discount):

Xbox 360
$9.99 Brink
$9.99 Bulletstorm
$9.99 Dragon Age 2
$9.99 Dead Space 2
$9.99 Homefront
$20.00 RAGE
$5.00 Saints Row 2

PS3
$5.00 Bioshock
$5.00 Brutal Legend
$15.00 Dead Space 2 Limited Edition
$9.99 Dragon Age 2
$5.00 Eye Pet
$20.00 Infamous 2
$5.00 Lego Harry Potter
$10.00 Mass Effect 2
$5.00 PS Move Heroes
$5.00 Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
$15.00 Sports Champions

3DS
$15.00 Pilotwings Resort
$15.00 Steel Diver

DS
$0.97 Honeycomb Beat
$2.50 Personal Trainer Math
$5.00 Prof Layton and the Unwound Future

PSP
$15.00 God of War Ghost of Sparta
$2.50 Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
$2.50 Hot Shots Golf Open Tee
$5.00 Mod Nation Racers
$5.00 Pursuit Force
$1.50 Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
$2.50 Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow
$1.00 PSPGO AC Adapter

Wii
$10.00 Guitar Hero 5
$5.00 RE Umbrella Chronicles
$5.00 Rock Band 3
$15.00 Wii Party
$15.00 Super Mario Galaxy 2

Keep in mind these Staples clearance prices vary by store and are usually at the manager's discretion so don't be surprised if your local store isn't offering these prices and/or titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dotCody']I'm very interested in Dragon Age II for $10. Think they'll do a re-release of it?[/QUOTE]

Most likely, it seems like every major game these days gets an Ultimate Edition. It's probably going to be a lot more expensive when it first comes out though. Just be patient, I just got Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition for $13.50 at EBgames used after EDGE discount, so cheap for all that content.

[quote name='dotCody']I'm very interested in Dragon Age II for $10. Think they'll do a re-release of it?[/QUOTE]

I always figured they would re-release it as well. But then they never did an all-in-one pack for Mass Effect 2 (unless you count the PS3 version). And then there is the fact that it did not sell as well as the first one. I'm thinking that if they were going to release it again, we would have seen it by now but you never really know so...

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Usually the extra 50% off is a YMMV for Staples.[/QUOTE]

I would even add that additional 50% is the exception. Most stores will offer 0-25% discount.

Great game.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']I would even add that additional 50% is the exception. Most stores will offer 0-25% discount.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Additional clearance discounts are ALWAYS manager's choice. Expect to pay the advertised price. Anything else is a bonus.

bread's done
Back