Staples Clearance Games

smithfan

CAG Veteran
I posted this over on RFD and thought Id share it here too.

Local staples (vernon bc) had a bunch of new games on clearance. All prices after 50% clearance discount
all 360 games unless mentioned otherwise and like anything with staples of course its YMMV

Blur $20.00
Lost Planet 2 $15.00 (PS3 as well)
Battlefield bad company 2 Limited edition $20.00
Crackdown 2 $25.00
Sabatour $10.00 (ps3 as well)
Bioshock 2 $20.00 (ps3 as well)
Red Dead Redemption $25.00 (ps3 only at my location)
Forza 3 $15.00
Assassins creed 2 $15.00 (ps3 as well)
UFC Undisputed 2 $15.00 (PS3 only)
Ratchet and Clank size matters PSP $10

There was some other rather new releases for around $20.00 those are just the ones I remembered. Yes I know some of them have been cheaper at other times but oh well im throwing it out there for anyone who cares.

Please tell me you didn't buy the last Forza. I was just in a few days ago and it was priced at $30. If it's down to $15, I'll be making a visit tomorrow.

[quote name='kdnewton']Please tell me you didn't buy the last Forza. I was just in a few days ago and it was priced at $30. If it's down to $15, I'll be making a visit tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Nope I didnt pick it up and yes its down to $15. Surprises me to find another person from the huge town of Vernon on here. :)

It may be YMMV. I'm not sure how chain stores take care of their clearance.

I also saw for the 360:

Halo ODST $15 (another right beside it priced at $20)
Final Fantasy XIII $20

To the OP, I did get one of the last two copies of Forza 3 at the Vernon location. There's one left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shooooot I might pick up Red Dead Redemption, Lost Planet 2, and Forza 3 all in one go if all are available. Will check my local Staples tomorrow. Thanks OP!

Staples (or Bureau en Gros in Quebec...lol) is ALWAYS YMMV!

it always depends on the Managers/Regional Managers decision for certain clearance items!

i have 2 Staples close by my place and they always have conflicting clearance specials! sometimes one has 50% items while the other has 25%...yada yada yada...

take it with a grain of salt! if you cant get those games at those prices...then...Hell Yeah!!! Otherwise, your out of luck...but not outta Time!

I'm always disappointed by these Staples thread, as none of the stores near me have an additional 50% off clearance items (sometimes it's 25%). The price ending in XX.97 are the nation-wide prices, anything on top of that is extremely YMMV!

I live in the greater Toronto area

ps3-Blur is 39.97 (tagged and scanned at this price)
ps3-Red Dead Redemption is 49.97 (tagged and scanned at this price)

I was talking with the manger at one of the locations and he said that depending on which region you are in (EAST/ WEST/ CENTRAL) the prices may vary.

He also said that the .97 prices are not nation wide sales but it refers to stapes discontinuing the product and depending on which region you are in the price will be different. so it just mean they won't be ordering more copies in.

He also said they will match any price on their website, unfortunately their website sucks.

It looks like the OP was in vernon, bc so im guessing that BC/Alberta/Sask will have those prices available.

These are a couple games i saw;

ps3-Battlefield Bad company 2 is 29.97
ps3-UFC 2010 is 29.97
ps3-Uncharted 2 is 29.97 (reg. edition)
360-allen wake is 29.97

I picked up Red Dead Redemption for X360 at $25.
It was tagged at $49.97, so I ask for a price check at the till and I was told there was 30% off the tagged price. So I decided to hang on to the game and go for a walk around the store. Later back at the checkout the girl at the till told me that the game was actually 50% off the tagged price.

There was a sign in the clearance bin that states; "any item with a price that ends in a 7 has additional 50% off". I had saw the sign, but I didn't pickup RDR at the clearance bin.

[quote name='retro.elite']I picked up Red Dead Redemption for X360 at $25.
It was tagged at $49.97, so I ask for a price check at the till and I was told there was 30% off the tagged price. So I decided to hang on to the game and go for a walk around the store. Later back at the checkout the girl at the till told me that the game was actually 50% off the tagged price.

There was a sign in the clearance bin that states; "any item with a price that ends in a 7 has additional 50% off". I had saw the sign, but I didn't pickup RDR at the clearance bin.[/QUOTE]

where was this, and did you see anything else available?

[quote name='PuppetYuber']where was this, and did you see anything else available?[/QUOTE]

It was Edmonton South Common location. I ask staples downtown (old one) employee if they had the same deal he replied no. He could be wrong. As for games same as above, there was Lego Harry Potter that was on clearance for $49.97.

None of these deals happening at my local Staples (where I work). Although, it's a smaller store than the others. We only had two copies of CoD Black Ops per system in, for example, and they sold out in a day.

bread's done
Back