Staples sucks - UT2K4 ripped from my hands

omfglol

CAGiversary!
Go into Staples to get a crossover cable, see UT2K4 on a clearance table for $15, pick it up.

I get back to the cash register and slide my orders across to the girl working. Run everything through, slide the card, and I'm ready to go when she says "this isn't right!"

Keeps ringing up at $0.01.

She calls a manager.

Manager (45-ish looking woman) says: "Well, this wasn't supposed to be out! Give me that!" And snatches it away from me.

So now I don't have UT2K4, and I'm not sure exactly where to call in complaints, because Staples doesn't seem to be very forthcoming with that info.

As an aside, why couldn't they just imput $15? Jeez.

[quote name='omfglol']Go into Staples to get a crossover cable, see UT2K4 on a clearance table for $15, pick it up.

I get back to the cash register and slide my orders across to the girl working. Run everything through, slide the card, and I'm ready to go when she says "this isn't right!"

Keeps ringing up at $0.01.

She calls a manager.

Manager (45-ish looking woman) says: "Well, this wasn't supposed to be out! Give me that!" And snatches it away from me.

So now I don't have UT2K4, and I'm not sure exactly where to call in complaints, because Staples doesn't seem to be very forthcoming with that info.

As an aside, why couldn't they just imput $15? Jeez.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone was going to snatch it for themselves at 1 penny.

If you already paid for it, then its legally yours. You can make it a legal matter if they already rang it up and you slid your card through and everything.

Well, the cashier removed the charge.

Thankfully someone pointed me towards gogamer.com and I got the DVD ver for $14 shipped, so I'm happy enough.

Although Staples is getting a phone call tomorrow. :whistle2:X

I just saw the 6 cd version at Compusa in Lombard for 9.99. I just got the Gogamer dvd one, but.....it says out of stock online, but they had a few in store. Compusa, that is.

I recommend sending them an "Easy" button with a line through it.

bread's done
Back