Star Fox 64 (3DS) $19.99 @Kmart (Free Store Pickup)

slay65

CAGiversary!
Was at Kmart today and noticed Star Fox 64 for $19.99. The tag on the shelf said the sale ends 6/1. I picked up a copy.

It is also online too but shipping is $6 but you can pickup at store for Free. Seems like a good deal to me since it is $39.99 at other local stores and $32.68 at Amazon.

Kmart Link

Hmm.. I love this game so much , i bought it long time ago for 10$ on craiglist then resold it for 20$ to get another game.

This time i plan on buying it and keep it forever thanks OP!

[quote name='lhfan04']shipping is actually only $.99[/QUOTE] You are correct. On the initial screen it said shipping from $5.99 but when you try to order the shipping shows $0.99.

thanks for post, would grab if had co-op or more content... but as is i can only justify this at 9.99

[quote name='Chrushev'] but as is i can only justify this at 9.99[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the 1 in the front. $19.99.

Thanks, OP. I would get it if I didn't already get a Like New one for a dollar less earlier this week.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Debating this pretty hard. Has it ever been sub $20?

Are there any noteworthy additions to this version?[/QUOTE]

It was $9.97 at Sears last year

One change is you have the option of using the gyro controls or the standard controls

this may be a dumb question but does 3ds have any achievements or anything of the sort? the reason i ask is because i'm on the fence between a vita or 3ds. i love nintendo games but feel the vita caters to a "hardcore" gamer like myself versus nintendos generally more family friendly option

[quote name='webkatt']this may be a dumb question but does 3ds have any achievements or anything of the sort? the reason i ask is because i'm on the fence between a vita or 3ds. i love nintendo games but feel the vita caters to a "hardcore" gamer like myself versus nintendos generally more family friendly option[/QUOTE]
3DS has no achievements but you can't play starfox 64 on the vita ;)

[quote name='webkatt']this may be a dumb question but does 3ds have any achievements or anything of the sort? the reason i ask is because i'm on the fence between a vita or 3ds. i love nintendo games but feel the vita caters to a "hardcore" gamer like myself versus nintendos generally more family friendly option[/QUOTE]

I have both..I like the 3DS for the Nintendo exclusives but overall I like the Vita better. Trophies add replayability. It has P4G, PS+, etc. the vita has an untapped potential that could make it the best handheld ever if they'd just take advantage.

You can submit the price to Amazon.com. They may match it if they can get the chance unless someone tries to buy out the entire stock for some strange reason.

[quote name='Chrushev']thanks for post, would grab if had co-op or more content... but as is i can only justify this at 9.99[/QUOTE]
I agree, this has no business being a top level game as far as price.

Should have been an eShop title priced at 10 to be the perfect fit

Damnit, says it's temporarily out of stock for shipping? Guys, what are the options for those of us who are stuck at work and without a K-mart nearby? Wanna get in on this :(...

The game is awesome but as others are saying even at $20 it's still a little too much. I beat this game sooooo many times on the N64, often multiple times in a day. The game is extremely short, as in arcade-game-short. It's a shame because what's there is probably the best rails shooter I've ever played and even the small "free roam" areas are fun.

[quote name='BadBoy787512']Damnit, says it's temporarily out of stock for shipping? Guys, what are the options for those of us who are stuck at work and without a K-mart nearby? Wanna get in on this :(...[/QUOTE]

Go to Kmart after work? It is good till next month.

[quote name='BadBoy787512']Damnit, says it's temporarily out of stock for shipping? Guys, what are the options for those of us who are stuck at work and without a K-mart nearby? Wanna get in on this :(...[/QUOTE]

pricematch @ the best buy

Eh, it's available for shipping again so I just started the trial for their "MAX" service to get it shipped free.

Grabbed this with $0.99 shipping. Hopefully goes through.

*edit*

Order was cancelled. I just ordered it from Best Buy with a price-match. Problem solved.

*edit*

Just got an order-shipped email from kmart (what the heck?), so I had to go cancel the Best Buy order..

And there was me thinking that ordering a game was a pretty simple thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JKSonic']The game is awesome but as others are saying even at $20 it's still a little too much. I beat this game sooooo many times on the N64, often multiple times in a day. The game is extremely short, as in arcade-game-short. It's a shame because what's there is probably the best rails shooter I've ever played and even the small "free roam" areas are fun.[/QUOTE]

I second this. The game is extremely short. My 6 year old son beat it in under 45 minutes by going through the default path without trying to unlock the other levels. If I knew it was this short, I would have waited for the price to be around $10 - $15.

I bought this game last month on Amazon for $19 at the end of March. The price fluctuates a lot there. I checked it religiously every day for two weeks before I pulled the trigger. If this K-Mart deal expires, you should check there.

No offense but achievements doesn't equal catering to the "hardcore" gamer.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Achievements are fun and make a game last longer for some people.[/QUOTE]

Needing an meaningless gimmick to rope them into playing? Hmm, sounds like a casual gamer to me. :booty:

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Needing an meaningless gimmick to rope them into playing? Hmm, sounds like a casual gamer to me. :booty:[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I'm probably as hardcore of a gamer there is and I love achievements and trophies. It gives people things to play for other then just beating a game and beating it on any setting. You can beat halo on legendary and then have the proof to brag to your friends about. They give tons of replay value and incentives for doing something, and possibly something you wouldn't even have done because without the achievement you wouldn't have known it was even something to accomplish.

I remember when proof of your gaming pedigree was your memory card with all of your saves.

..Get off my lawn! :lol:

I digress.. I do understand where you're coming from, but I'm confident saying that most people who are into cheevos get more caught up in doing tedious inane tasks for completion sake rather and using guides to knock out as many as they can in the first playthrough, which really negates the joy of experiencing a game for its story/gameplay.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I remember when proof of your gaming pedigree was your memory card with all of your saves.

..Get off my lawn! :lol:

I digress.. I do understand where you're coming from, but I'm confident saying that most people who are into cheevos get more caught up in doing tedious inane tasks for completion sake rather and using guides to knock out as many as they can in the first playthrough, which really negates the joy of experiencing a game for its story/gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Oh I hear ya, but sadly us gamers don't go to friends houses and bring our memory cards anymore.....we pop online and play from our own couches.

Quick question. How is the 3D quality in this game? I just bought a 3DS XL and I might give this game a look just for the 3D gaming.

[quote name='jwa73']Quick question. How is the 3D quality in this game? I just bought a 3DS XL and I might give this game a look just for the 3D gaming.[/QUOTE]

One of the best implementations on the system. The levels look fantastic.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Debating this pretty hard. Has it ever been sub $20?[/QUOTE]It's cheaper used @ GS $18 even w/tax for most.after b-day code

[quote name='nintendofan9999']Can I price match this with Best Buy?[/QUOTE]Yeah, just show them the link on your phone.

[quote name='TheScareCrowBB']How do I price match with bestbuy online?[/QUOTE]Tell them where they can find the deal they'll look it up to confirm.

[quote name='TheScareCrowBB']Do I call them?[/QUOTE]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000
How do I request a price match from BestBuy.com?

When making a purchase, or during the return and exchange period after your purchase from BestBuy.com, price match requests from BestBuy.com are handled via phone. Please call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) for a BestBuy.com price match request. Please tell us about the lower price that is still in effect that you want Best Buy to price match. Best Buy will then review and verify the price match request.

[quote name='TheScareCrowBB']Do I call them?[/QUOTE]

i dunno about calling, but if you print out the page and go to the store they will look it up online to verify and give you a pricematch.

Stopped in after work and the sale tag said it was on sale for $37?!? So I just ordered it online on my phone for in store pick up. Walked around for 10-15mins and picked it up for $20. Thanks OP

[quote name='plus1zero']I have both..I like the 3DS for the Nintendo exclusives but overall I like the Vita better. Trophies add replayability. It has P4G, PS+, etc. the vita has an untapped potential that could make it the best handheld ever if they'd just take advantage.[/QUOTE]

Owned a Vita for six months.

Not one game worth buying came out in that time span that couldn't be had in a more complete form on a console, or wasn't some spin off of a console title where the gameplay was the same or better.

[quote name='redshadow']Owned a Vita for six months.

Not one game worth buying came out in that time span that couldn't be had in a more complete form on a console, or wasn't some spin off of a console title where the gameplay was the same or better.[/QUOTE]

This, i can say the same for the 3ds. (Basically remake stuff i guess or same formula mario blah blah) but atleast the 3ds games are worth it.. Also vita are starting to get good games these coming months.

I read those too close together and that's what I thought you were calling catering to hardcore. But still are you going to let achievements be a deciding factor between systems?
Besides that I would go vita if you needed a hand held. I've never owned a psp but I do own a DS. The only reason I would buy a 3ds is for pokemon (so yes I'll buy one soon). If you are a cag go with a vita, The good games on the 3ds (first party ones) will never drop in price. Im a nintendo fan but a hard core gamer. To buy a 3ds to me would be a waste of time, but consoles have all the games i could ever need.

bread's done
Back