Star Ocean: First Departure $12.99 shipped @ Newegg

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Second Evo is better but $13 is a good buy price for those who do not own First Departure.[/QUOTE]

So I have heard, but I am going to play them all :) except the third one, I have heard it wasn't that good.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Solid price. i already have a huge backlog (who doesn't here) but I'm in![/QUOTE]

Same here :)

[quote name='earvcunanan']Bought, thanks OP. Now I'm waiting on Second Evolution to drop.[/QUOTE]

You are welcome!

Seriously wishing for both the first and second one to come to PSN but its Square Enix and I don't want to pick up a psp.

I put 10 hours in an just couldn't get into it. I'm currently having a better time with P3 FES and also of the few minutes I've put into Lunar.

Maybe it's just me.

[quote name='AriesWarlock']So I have heard, but I am going to play them all :) except the third one, I have heard it wasn't that good.[/QUOTE]

Opinions are divided over Star Ocean 3, but it's still a very good game. A lot of people take issue with a certain story element that takes place, which led to a lot of negative opinions about the game.

It's also worth mentioning that they also have Final Fantasy I & Final Fantasy II for the PSP at the same price. You may want to edit the original post to reflect that.

Presuming that this is the same as the original SNES Star Ocean, one of my favorite things about it is the skill for learning to avoid random combat. It's totally necessary for getting through some of the later dungeons without going crazy, so don't forget about it...

I played about 6 or 7 hours of this and enjoyed it a bit, but it couldn't hold my attention. The Second Departure however is much better. Good price for a Star Ocean fan or someone who just can't get enough Star Ocean.

[quote name='IronSerif']I played about 6 or 7 hours of this and enjoyed it a bit, but it couldn't hold my attention. The Second Departure however is much better. Good price for a Star Ocean fan or someone who just can't get enough Star Ocean.[/QUOTE]

Sadly if you played for 7 hours you were probably more than half way through. This is a very short game.

Played the SFC version and thought it was OK... Loved the Second. Would have bought this in an instant but it's sold out now! D;

NOOOOOOOO! I've been waiting for this to drop for the longest time. When it does, I'm totally and utterly broke. Will be a week before I can buy this. Please don't go OOS. I would love to complete my SO collection. I own SO2 for PSP, SO3, and SO4 for 360.

bread's done
Back