Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness PS4 $24.98 on Amazon

Yeah, after reading the reviews I don't have much integrity left to buy it and feel a bit of faithlessness if I ever were to play it. Graphics look good though.

Loved the hell out of The Second Story, but man, the series seems to be getting worse and worse since then (according to critics).

I haven't played any of them since Till the End of Time, maybe that's a good thing?

...still want to buy them anyway though  :dunce:

Do you like Star Ocean games?

Then no.

Do you not like Star Ocean games?

Then no.

Do you like JRPGs?

Then no.

Do you not like JRPGs?

Then no.

Do you like video games?

Then no.

Is this game worth buying?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I purchased this game on release day at full price (with the strategy guide). First and foremost, it gave me that same feeling I had when I was a teenager and would go up to the mall and pick up a new jRPG. The big world and towns and gameplay and stuff (plus the fact that I had a strategy guide in-hand) really took me back to that moment of my youth.

Unfortunately the game starts to get a little stale around the 15-hour mark, though that might be because I was preoccupied with finishing all the side quests, which are all pointless and repetitive. The story isn't anything to write home about, and the game is annoyingly sparse on cutscenes. I still haven't finished it, but I intend to and I do not regret buying it at full price.

I'd say for $20, go for it.

I bout it for $28, played it because I was a fan of the series, then traded it in to Gamestop for $26.50 last weekend. That being said, don't buy this unless you are starving for RPGs or are just a huge Star Ocean fan. This was, by far, the worst in the series. Maybe a dozen locations total, uninspired story, and so much backtracking without any sort of  fast travel.

I'll have to wait like with fairy fencer f. Got to many games right now and some rpg that I haven't touched yet. Pretty sure it'll be less then that when the time comes. Another thing disgaea 5 never goes down that's what I've waiting on for long time.

Bought the game a few weeks ago used for $28; just finished it last night.  One of the very few games in the past 5 years that I've played through until the end.  If you like JRPGs, then I say go for it.  There aren't really any other JRPGs out for the system other than the Compile Heart games (which aren't JRPG-ish enough for my style) or SRPGs (same).

Its ok if you like Star Ocean games and rpgs.. Its a hell lot better than SO4 atleast.
I'm probably in the minority but I liked SO4 better than 5. I enjoyed 5 and finished the storyline with all side quests (didn't get too far into the post-game dungeon) but I liked 4's story more and it kept me playing for 100 hours which is extremely rare for me. I definitely think SO5 is worth the 25 bucks though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably in the minority but I liked SO4 better than 5. I enjoyed 5 and finished the storyline with all side quests (didn't get too far into the post-game dungeon) but I liked 4's story more and it kept me playing for 100 hours which is extremely rare for me. I definitely think SO5 is worth the 25 bucks though.
"I PUSH THEM OVER THE EDGE!"

I'll wait for this to drop to $10. I'm a huge fan of the SO series and love 1 and 3! 2 and 4 were good, but the story lines in those two games aren't as good as 1 and 3.

Second Story is personal favorite.

Til The End of Time is still GOAT.

Everything else after 3 is trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back