Star Ocean: Last Hope International $15.99 Newegg

I have the PS3 version. I love the game, but there are some annoying bits. Each character has 100 personal trophies in game and many of them require unbelievable grinding. But the game was a lot of fun.

[quote name='Investor']The Xbox 360 was $10.[/QUOTE]

:shock: I don't know which version to get now...

[quote name='keine']:shock: I don't know which version to get now...[/QUOTE]

I think the 10$ Xbox versions sold out. The PS3 has some bonus stuff and the original audio.

Been waiting for the ps3 version to drop in price.
fghbcs
thanks op.

[quote name='omyard']Is this any good? On part with the first 2 games?[/QUOTE]

Not even close. Star Ocean 4 is a terrible game by any standard. The main character is the whiniest J-RPG character I've ever seen -- he spends half the game crying. Every single character is insufferable and it takes you forever to get your entire party together. The battle system is all right, but the amount of grinding it takes to fill up your battle book (or w/e, it's been a while so I'm kinda flaky on terminology) is insane. And the fetch quests... ugh...

All in all, I can't recommend this game to anyone. Not to the casual fans looking for an introduction to RPGs and certainly not to hardcore fans who have way better options out there.

[quote name='omyard']Ah, thanks. I've never asked, but keep thinking about picking it up. I'll pass then.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the post above you, the game is terrible.

Just want to say this is my favorite JRPG on the PS3. Nothing revolutionary, just your normal run of the mill JRPG but I really did enjoy playing it. I even kept it and I trade in almost everything. I didn't try to max out anything though or try for trophies, just played thru the main storyline. I haven't played Eternal Sonata or WHK yet though so I guess I'm only comparing this to FF13. And the main character doesn't cry - he's just a broken whiny guy, like every other main JRPG character since FF8.

Eternal Sonata for the PS3 is awesome! You can play with up to 3 members off-line, so it's always fun. The graphic is definitely next-generation, and the gameplay is just fantastic. It's my favorite PS3 jrpg.

[quote name='rjejr']Just want to say this is my favorite JRPG on the PS3. Nothing revolutionary, just your normal run of the mill JRPG but I really did enjoy playing it. I even kept it and I trade in almost everything. I didn't try to max out anything though or try for trophies, just played thru the main storyline. I haven't played Eternal Sonata or WHK yet though so I guess I'm only comparing this to FF13. And the main character doesn't cry - he's just a broken whiny guy, like every other main JRPG character since FF8.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Not even close. Star Ocean 4 is a terrible game by any standard. The main character is the whiniest J-RPG character I've ever seen -- he spends half the game crying. Every single character is insufferable and it takes you forever to get your entire party together. The battle system is all right, but the amount of grinding it takes to fill up your battle book (or w/e, it's been a while so I'm kinda flaky on terminology) is insane. And the fetch quests... ugh...

All in all, I can't recommend this game to anyone. Not to the casual fans looking for an introduction to RPGs and certainly not to hardcore fans who have way better options out there.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Aside from the battle system which gets old, the game is trash. I shudder at Lymle or whatever her name is..

bread's done
Back