Star Ocean or Suikoden 5

I don't get playing with a strategy guide holding your hand. I can understand if you get stuck at some point, but if you follow a guide the whole time you may as well just read the plot-line on the interwebz.

[quote name='keithp']I don't get playing with a strategy guide holding your hand. I can understand if you get stuck at some point, but if you follow a guide the whole time you may as well just read the plot-line on the interwebz.[/quote]

thats the argument i hear often.

i like using a guide so i know im not missing anything. one of my favorite parts of rpgs is the side quests. without the guides i wouldnt know where to find them.

i also like ability/weapon charts

This thread convinced me to pick up Suikoden V. What the hell is up with the load times on this thing? At a save point it must take at least 30 seconds to get to the save screen, with the sound cutting in and out the whole time, very annoying. There's also significant load times in between certain sections, like in the beginning when you hear your party being announced at the castle. Did I just get a defective copy, or could it be my ancient fatboy PS2 having trouble? It's never given me any problems with any other games.

bread's done
Back