Star Ocean:Till the end of the Game

RomanCohort

CAGiversary!
Star Ocean till the end of time is a good rpg and a good battle system, but they have way to many God damn cut scenes. You also to have to watch the cut scenes or you wont get the story line.

[quote name='RomanCohort']Star Ocean till the end of time is a good rpg and a good battle system, but they have way to many God damn cut scenes. You also to have to watch the cut scenes or you wont get the story line.[/QUOTE]

there really isn't a good story in the first place so i just skipped em

I don't understand people bitching about cutsceness in RPGs. RPGs are story driven for god's sake. People that are all like "I skip TEH story"? Why are you playing RPGs, then? That's like 50% of the game concept!

For S03, it's not like many of them were FMV. Most were in-game and you have control of each line by hitting the button.
If you are impatient with how long the voice acting part takes, hit the button and read the text instead, they skip along pretty fast. I did that for bit character voiceovers, etc.

I'm don't know why people always say they hated the story, I enjoyed it. I thought it was a nice change from the standard RPG storylines. I don't want to spoil anything but I'll just say I did not see that plot twist coming at all. If you've played it you'll know which one I'm talking about.

[quote name='RomanCohort']Star Ocean till the end of time is a good rpg and a good battle system, but they have way to many God damn cut scenes. You also to have to watch the cut scenes or you wont get the story line.[/QUOTE]

Heh heh heh.....it's usually hard to get the story if you avoid the cut scenes in a game, yeah. It's also hard to get the story if you skip reading the pages in a book, too. ;)

As for the cut scene frequency/length complaint, that's a recurring theme which has no easy answer. If you make an RPG with sparse cut scenes, people complain that there "was no story to speak of" or that it was "predictable or cliched." If you work to make longer, more in-depth cut scenes, people complain that they're being forced to sit through a movie when they wanted to play a game.

Sadly, the optimum solution seems to be to have limited cut scene frequency/length, but to pack those with cinematic explosions and humorous one-liners so that the average gamer associates the game's story with popular movies. Then, he thinks the game pulled off a good storyline....because it presented it the way a typical Summer blockbuster would have.

[quote name='redgopher']If you think SO3 has too many cutscenes, and you don't like playing awesome games, then stay the fuck away from Xenosaga.[/QUOTE]

i agree, stay away from xenosaga series if you dont like cutscenes.....sooo frekin many...haha

[quote name='redgopher']If you think SO3 has too many cutscenes, and you don't like playing awesome games, then stay the fuck away from Xenosaga.[/QUOTE]

I'd say stay away from Xenosaga if you want to avoid crappy games with nice graphics.

Just say away from zenosaga on general principle.

If you don't like cutscenes play Nocturne or Digital Devil, lots and lots of pointless battles and very little plot to hold it all together.

[quote name='RomanCohort']Speaking of RPGs are they realeasing FF 7 revamped?[/QUOTE]

No, you're probably thinking of the FF7 tech demo but thats just to show the power of the PS3. They are releasing a few FF7 spinoff games, though.

bread's done
Back