Star Trek: Into Darkness- Available today-digital only

strife01104

CAGiversary!
For anyone interested, they released it today on many digital storefronts like ITUNES, CINEMANOW., Etc....3  weeks before they release the disk versions.  Anyone who took advantage of the pre Order promo Best Buy has when the movie was out.in theatres, they should have sent your email confirmation to get your CinemaNow version today. Hope this helps.

i just have a couple of questions.. and this in no way is a stab at anyone.

what is the real appeal for pre-ordering a movie while its still in theaters? is it just to get the digital early?  i am a bargain shopper and from what i have noticed, when you order a movie @ "24.99" you receive the digital really early, thats cool. but in turn if the movie is released at a lower price point say 19.99, can you get the difference back or are you just screwed. Also i think it tells the industry "hey i'm willing to pay top dollar for a digital download." this new trend of ultra convenient pre-ordering makes me think the industry may be trying the waters to force on a totally digital world. 

just saying....

im a little confused about the entire set up any input would be appreciated thanks

What Best Buy has done in the past for some movies is allow you to Pre Order whichever movie they are advertising for 14.99(they are doing 19.99 this week for star trek) and you pay the difference on the bluray upon its release. Then they give you the Cinemanow copy early in HD even though the Blu may come w an SD copy on it as well.  That way if someone else is price matching the week of release you still try that method of getting your bargain.  They do not do this for all movies though..Usually they would advertise it in the flyer. I like the BB way. I've done this w Die hard 5, Jack reacher and now Star Trek. Hoping they do one for Iron man 3 soon as well as Man of Steel

i just have a couple of questions.. and this in no way is a stab at anyone.

what is the real appeal for pre-ordering a movie while its still in theaters? is it just to get the digital early? i am a bargain shopper and from what i have noticed, when you order a movie @ "24.99" you receive the digital really early, thats cool. but in turn if the movie is released at a lower price point say 19.99, can you get the difference back or are you just screwed. Also i think it tells the industry "hey i'm willing to pay top dollar for a digital download." this new trend of ultra convenient pre-ordering makes me think the industry may be trying the waters to force on a totally digital world.

just saying....

im a little confused about the entire set up any input would be appreciated thanks
I never preorder movies while they are still in theaters but I did for Star Trek. This was only because Walmart offered Star Trek 1 and Into Darkness On Vudu and I would receive the Bluray for Star Trek and a combo pack for Into Darkness around the day of release. I just figured 2 movies on blu that I don't have yet was worth the $25.

thanks for the input BB truly has the fetter deal. i don t have a BB that close to me to see the difference between retailers. but this sheds a little light on the subject for me.

Is it too late to get a deal on the blu ray at best buy and be able to stream the hd content now?
No. Best Buy did a new promo That Started last Tuesday..Preorder INTO DARKNESS for 19.99 and watch on Cinemanow immediately. Then simply pay the difference on whichever bluray you chose(3d or non 3d) on the day of release. It's in this weeks ad. i am really hoping there is a similiar promo on next Sunday's ad concerning IRON MAN 3 as it releases Sept 3 on digital formats

For anyone interested, they released it today on many digital storefronts like ITUNES, CINEMANOW., Etc....3 weeks before they release the disk versions. Anyone who took advantage of the pre Order promo Best Buy has when the movie was out.in theatres, they should have sent your email confirmation to get your CinemaNow version today. Hope this helps.
When I did the pre-order for Into Darkness, my receipt said my total savings was $26.98 and not a damn thing about owing them anything when the movie comes out(which should be September 10th btw). With that, I got the $8 voucher to see it in theaters, the code for CinemaNow and I pre-ordered the 3-D BR/BR/DVD/digital copy version.

I guess I'll see what happens on the 10th. The movie was decent if you looked at it as a pure action flick and not a JJ Abrams reimagining of Star Trek II.

When I did the pre-order for Into Darkness, my receipt said my total savings was $26.98 and not a damn thing about owing them anything when the movie comes out(which should be September 10th btw). With that, I got the $8 voucher to see it in theaters, the code for CinemaNow and I pre-ordered the 3-D BR/BR/DVD/digital copy version.

I guess I'll see what happens on the 10th. The movie was decent if you looked at it as a pure action flick and not a JJ Abrams reimagining of Star Trek II.
Yea, mine said the same thing. I believe that could be savings from the Cinemanow copy,the movie voucher and whatever else they had advertised during the May pre order thing(when I did mine). I paid 14.99 at that time as that's what they wanted as the minimum so assuming the NON 3D version is 19.99 I am expecting to shell out the $5+ to cover the difference plus the taxes of course. Disappointed they haven't advertised a similiar promo for Iron Man 3 as of yet

No. Best Buy did a new promo That Started last Tuesday..Preorder INTO DARKNESS for 19.99 and watch on Cinemanow immediately. Then simply pay the difference on whichever bluray you chose(3d or non 3d) on the day of release. It's in this weeks ad. i am really hoping there is a similiar promo on next Sunday's ad concerning IRON MAN 3 as it releases Sept 3 on digital formats
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=714677535216250&set=pb.100000220307734.-2207520000.1378071296.&type=3&theater

Sorry I don't know how to post pictures on this forum. But the FB image is of a pre-order I did today for Star Trek: Into the Darkness. S&H was free and it came with a Cinemanow full movie digital DL.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back