Star Trek Online sales @ Amazon! $2.50 digital, $5 Digital Deluxe, $11.25 CE!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
[youtube]0s7TmPizNCo[/youtube]

Amazon has several Star Trek Online deals right now:

• STO digital version $2.50
  • STO Digital Deluxe Edition $5.00
    Includes:
    • TOS Uniform Set (in-game item): 3 Uniforms from the Original series (blue, red, yellow)
    • Joined Trill: Play as a Joined Trill. Joined Trill come with a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The "Joined" species trait grants you a bonus to 5 skills.
    • "KHAAAN!" Emote (in-game item): An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk's unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry... "KHAAAN!"
    • Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote (in-game item): Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet and interact with other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture - the blood wine toast.
    • Registry Prefix (in-game item): Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.
    • Unique Ship Item (in-game item): - Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module that grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.
    • 500 Cryptic Points
  • STO retail version $9.99
  • STO Collector's Edition (retail) $11.25
    Includes:
    • Deluxe Packaging - Futuristic 3dX holography set in a high quality brushed aluminum finish.
    • Deluxe Manual - Hardbound, art book, manual, and disc case in a single, elegant package.
    • Communicator Badge - High quality cast metal design based on the in-game badge model. This is really nice. Metal Star Trek badges usually sell for at least $10 on their own.
    • Red Matter Capacitor - A unique item that charges up and delivers extra energy to all of your ship’s equipment for a short time.
    • Next Generation Uniform - Uniform options from The Next Generation series, featuring the timeless look worn by Picard, Data and Riker.
    • Deep Space Nine Uniform - Uniform options from the Deep Space Nine Series, featuring gray shoulders, on a black uniform, just like Sisko, Worf and Dax.
  • STO 60 days time card $27.99
sto_120309.jpg

The game has just received its Season 3 update and is better than ever. Buy any version of the game and you get 30 days of playtime, so it's easy to see how you like it (for cheap) before committing to a subscription.

Referrals
I'm trying to get some referrals to unlock in-game stuff. You just accept my invite email before installing the full game key, and it hooks me up. Please PM me with your email address if you'd like to help me out. :)

The CAG Fleet
We have a fleet (guild) of cool people to play with! PM Metaly or me and we'll get you in. CAG Fleet discussion thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a question. I have a gamestop download at release, and then added a amazon CE a few months back for an EXTRA 30 days free. Whats the policy on additional 30 days if I keep on adding amazon regular download and digital deluxe download keys? Can I stock up on future 30 days subs to my existing account (on the cheap) that way?

I have no interest whatsover in playing or even trying the game, but the collectors editon looks pretty nice for that price (the metal case and badge especially) and may be worth it just for that

[quote name='kosmos13x']Heres a question. I have a gamestop download at release, and then added a amazon CE a few months back for an EXTRA 30 days free. Whats the policy on additional 30 days if I keep on adding amazon regular download and digital deluxe download keys? Can I stock up on future 30 days subs to my existing account (on the cheap) that way?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can. I had the regular edition of STO when it started then added the CE when it hit this rock bottom price to get the extra goodies. I didn't see the extra 30 days because I have a lifetime sub to STO.

But back when STO was launching folks were buying 5 copies of the games to get all the pre order items and the devs of STO said each key was worth 30 days of play time. In the thread below the guy says his 5 copies of the game did get him 150 days of play time.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=190373&highlight=amazon&page=2

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']I have no interest whatsover in playing or even trying the game, but the collectors editon looks pretty nice for that price (the metal case and badge especially) and may be worth it just for that[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know the pin is pretty nice, but the box isn't really metal. Its just looks that way. Its still a nice box and also comes with a cute little book. If you like trek I would say its worth 10 bucks for the fancy(non-metal) box, pin, book and 30 days of playing STO. I figure if STO ever goes free to play you could always come back to your account and still all stuff from the CE in your account.

I just wanted to let you know the case isn't metal. Since so many folks here seem to have hard ons for steel books.

Oh and if anyone wants trial keys PM me. I have (3) 10 day trials. If you decide to sub put eastx as your referral, he needs them more then I do.

Eastx, the Amazon physical version also I think still come with the Borg Bridge officer. That is also usually a 5 buck micro transaction you get free. The CE version I got about a month ago still came with one. Also thanks for the heads up on the Digital deluxe version, I already had the TOS costumes but the rest of the stuff in the DD version would have cost me $4.50 in the Cstore and the battery isn't available alone. So I figure the battery is worth 50 cents and picked it a key for the DD version to add to my account. And the Amazon Key even added the Chromodynamic Armor bonus from the Steam DD.

EDIT: What the hell?!?, amazon's DD even gave me the Riva Tribble & Targ from the bestbuy pre order. Damn this is awesome.

EDIT2: Ok wait now my account has 500 C store points and I pretty sure I never had any, to begin with. I think not only did the amazon DD give me the Steam bounus, it game me the best buy bouns, and the Atarii 500 C store point bouns.

I just saw the regular digital version on sale for $2.50 last night and bought it, thinking its free month would stack with my current gamecard time. Doesn't seem to have worked but I bought the deluxe digital version for $5 more anyway and got all the additional bonuses and C-store points listed above by KingDox. Thanks!

Oh what the heck. I haven't played since the Beta (bad nightmares there), but I LOVE startrek and everyone swears they're trying hard to improve it. If nothing else, I ordered a metal startrek badge for $6.99 with free shipping. :p eastx or kingdox, PM me with a free 10 day trial code if possible and I can hook you up via referral if you'd like. I appreciate the well informed posts.

Damn. I might just have to pick this up, if only for the badge and artbook/manual. ;) I still have zero desire to play any MMO, especially a pay-to-play, unless Cryptic were to add in my way I'd wanna play(switch sides whenever I want to n kamikaze my starship if'n I get bored:razz:).

Man, and here I thought the lowpoint of the CE would be at the $10 mark. Pretty crazy it's down to $7 now...wonder if it will drop even lower before they run out of them.

It's pretty basic for a CE, but hey, at that price it's hard to turn down even if you only have a passing interest in the game.

damn, I'm buying the CE just to have it, can't really argue with that price! Sadly, I don't think I'll ever get into it..thanks eastx!

Im not a Star Trek fan and have zero intention of playing this game....why do I want to buy this.....

I need help

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']oh god. I dont even want to play the game at all and I bought the CE. I hate myself...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='token2k6']damn, I'm buying the CE just to have it, can't really argue with that price! Sadly, I don't think I'll ever get into it..thanks eastx![/QUOTE]
[quote name='Dahk']Im not a Star Trek fan and have zero intention of playing this game....why do I want to buy this.....

I need help[/QUOTE]
I'm close to being right there with all three of ya's. I just want the CE for the communicator badge n artbook/manual. Is it worth $7 for those two things? From the looks of that badge, I'd say yes.:D

I don't remember 100% but Cryptic put up some of the old preorder bonuses for purchase on the cryptic store or also for free. So worth a check if you are looking for the bonuses you may not have to pay

Is it true about being to add additional retail codes? What would be the point of time cards if you could just buy like 10 copies of the DD key for 10 months of play for $25? Perhaps it just allows one key per version so you can get the bonuses?

Yes, you can only add each type of key (Amazon DDE, Steam DDE, BestBuy DDE, etc.) to your account once. And yeah, the preorder bonuses are in the C-Store, but they cost money! So getting the Amazon DDE ends up being way cheaper.

Yeah you're right, I recall seeing those items at the store but they do have a cost. However, some preorder bonus items such as the Best Buy preorder tribble, and the Original Series Enterprise (preorder bonus from GS I think?) are available in the C-store for free. They don't seem to show up on the store, but browsing the store in-game you see the items (among other free items) and can claim them for free.

I think I might pick up the Amazon DDE since I wanted to buy some Cryptic points anyways, this is actually a little cheaper in terms of $/CP and also comes with other stuff thrown in for free. I might also buy a time card or two as it's cheaper than paying via the subscription model.

How long is this sale going to run does anyone know? And does the standard and DDE count as two separate copies? For example could I buy both the standard and DDE and get 2 extended months for $7.50 or can I only register the download version of the game once.

Ruahrc

P.S. I think I see an error in the OP, the time card is actually two months (60 days) and not three. At least as far as I can tell (the product picture shows 60 days and the reviews state 60 days, but it never really makes it clear in the description how much time the card is for).

Decided to jump on the DDE for the 500 Cryptic Points. I bought the Seven of Nine outfit for my Borg BO (Best worst transaction I've ever made BTW). Now I'm wondering if I should get that DS9 uniform pack because it's also the Voyager uniform, and Voyager was my favorite Star Trek series. I don't know when I'd ever wear it though, so that's a problem.

Either way, I got 30 more days with the game for $5, so yay for me!

The Deep Space 9 uniform pack comes with the Collector's Edition, so you might go that route to get another 500 points and the communicator pin and such.

You can mix in uniforms on your various bridge officers, so even if you're not personally wearing them, you may still get some use out of them.

We're glad to have you in the fleet! :)

[quote name='BurningHX']Decided to jump on the DDE for the 500 Cryptic Points. I bought the Seven of Nine outfit for my Borg BO (Best worst transaction I've ever made BTW). Now I'm wondering if I should get that DS9 uniform pack because it's also the Voyager uniform, and Voyager was my favorite Star Trek series. I don't know when I'd ever wear it though, so that's a problem.

Either way, I got 30 more days with the game for $5, so yay for me![/QUOTE]

Just buy the physical CE version off amazon, it comes with the DS9 and TNG costumes and the red mater capacitor. I think it would also add another 30 days to your sub as well.

I ordered the physical version and over the weekend I got the DDE version. I added the DDE to my free trial account and got all the goodies (500 points, uniforms, etc) and it added 30 days. Today my collector's edition arrived and I added that to my account which added more goodies and ANOTHER 30 days. I'm tempted to buy a few $2.50 standards and add months at that price. I *ASSUME* the standard $2.50 versions will add time, but I haven't tried it yet (but it works for DDE+Collectors so I assume it would?).

Noobish Edit: Anyone know where to go for any kind of new player info? I checked out the STO official forums but all the info on there was pretty much from launch (unless the game is the exact same since then? I'd assume patches/changes/balances by now). I'm afraid to spend any of my skill points for fear of screwing up my characters.

Yes, a standard version would get you another 30 days. You could buy the digital standard and retail standard from Amazon, and that would get you 60 days. You can only add each type of Amazon game key once, so that'd be your limit.

[quote name='eastx']You're mistaken about the free items in the C-store. The only free item is the Wrath of Khan outfit.

http://www.startrekonline.com/store

The items you got for free probably got added to the particular DDE you registered before.[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying is that there are more items visible in the C-store in-game than what you see on the website there. Such as the "temba his arms wide" chest pin, or the constitution class Enterprise. They are both free, and I don't think either were limited to the physical collector's edition as the Enterprise states that it is a preorder bonus and the Temba pin is not mentioned anywhere on the CE packaging/materials.

I do have the physical collector's edition already, I picked it up about a month ago for $10 from amazon and have been playing STO using the 30 days included with that so far. I guess I will add the Amazon DDE and standard edition to add another 60 days for $7.50 and get 500 CP and some goodies along with it. It's a good opportunity as nearly everything in the C-store is 20% off until Dec. 31st and I was planning on picking up a few of the bridge packs for when I got to those ranks (i.e. galaxy glass bridge to match the galaxy class I would choose upon hitting captain).

Ruahrc

Oh, sorry I forgot about the chest pin. The Constitution class ship is not free to everybody though. THat's another one you must have gotten free from the CE (it was the GameStop preorder bonus).

[quote name='callmewoof']I ordered the physical version and over the weekend I got the DDE version. I added the DDE to my free trial account and got all the goodies (500 points, uniforms, etc) and it added 30 days. Today my collector's edition arrived and I added that to my account which added more goodies and ANOTHER 30 days. I'm tempted to buy a few $2.50 standards and add months at that price. I *ASSUME* the standard $2.50 versions will add time, but I haven't tried it yet (but it works for DDE+Collectors so I assume it would?).

Noobish Edit: Anyone know where to go for any kind of new player info? I checked out the STO official forums but all the info on there was pretty much from launch (unless the game is the exact same since then? I'd assume patches/changes/balances by now). I'm afraid to spend any of my skill points for fear of screwing up my characters.[/QUOTE]

Most folks who have tried to stack time havne't been able to add more then one version of the game. You can seem to stack a regular box version on top of a CE version on top of a regular digital version on top of a Digital deluxe version.

But you can't seem to keep stacking box version after box version after box version. Unless the box versions were from different vendors (eg bestbuy, target, Gamestop).

People have tried to stack the 2.50 digital versoin but it doesn't seem to stack.

Oh and have no fear about how you spend points on your char you can respec every 10 levels. The forums have most of the good info: http://forums.startrekonline.com. You should get the hang of things before you hit the rank of captain.

Sweet deal, I had let my subscription lapse a while ago but decided to pick up the CE (cheaper than paying for a month) and added it today so 30 more days for $7 was awesome.

I can confirm that stacking the $2.50 DE and $5 DDE from amazon works as I just did it. 2 months of playtime for $7.50, with a slew of bonuses and 500 C-points: can't complain about that!

I bought the $5 digital deluxe edition and this physical collector's edition is very tempting at that price, especially if it adds 30 days to your account.

Played the beta and actually really enjoyed myself. I noticed a previous poster mentioning they got 500 points by ordering multiple copies... where do these come from? I'm reading the descriptions for the different editions available on amazon and not seeing any mention of it. I'm pretty tired and being incredibly lazy here not looking for myself, so forgive me if the answer is obvious.

Anyways, if this all works out and I find some time to play, I'll be interested in joining the CAG fleet too. Thanks OP.

Glad to see a lot of people jumping on this, even if it's just for the communicator. Maybe some of you will accidentally install it and end up playing. :)

If you've got questions starting out, feel free to message me (@metaly) or another CAG fleet member in-game or on the fleet forum. We're always willing to help people out.

I want to buy the CE just for the pin. My computer can't even come close to running the game, and I honestly don't care about Star Trek, but I would still like to have the pin. Is it good quality?

I stopped into Best Buy last night and I had them price match Amazon. They almost denied it because the BB version has some exclusive digital items in the package.

The pin/badge looks like a chunk of brass and isn't very nice looking or at least the one in the BB package isn't.

Played the demo and it was fun, but I don't know if I want to get into MMO's. I've worked HARD to avoid WoW :). Would anyone mind PMing me a code for a 10 day trial? I'd like to know how different it is than the demo...

[quote name='Lord_Zath']Played the demo and it was fun, but I don't know if I want to get into MMO's. I've worked HARD to avoid WoW :). Would anyone mind PMing me a code for a 10 day trial? I'd like to know how different it is than the demo...[/QUOTE]

PM sent.

I gotta say, I was extremely skeptical about this game (and about MMOs in general). However, the price was right and I had some time on my hands so I gave it a shot, and it's actually damn fun. Thanks OP for the heads-up...not sure how long I'll be playing it, but glad I am.

It's not quite the Bridge Commander MMO I had always dreamed of, but it's not far either.

When I played the beta I actually really enjoyed the space combat / land combat mix. It made the game entertaining for a longer period of time than other MMOs would be for me.

I bought the CE version (retail) and installed it. I just bought the DD CE version. I have the key code, where on my account can i enter the info please?

[quote name='tukai']I bought the CE version (retail) and installed it. I just bought the DD CE version. I have the key code, where on my account can i enter the info please?[/QUOTE]

Login to your account, then goto the menu item "Support" and "Redeem Key". This will add it, the extras, and 30 days to your account. :) Just a suggestion - buy the digital "normal" version from amazon for $2.50 and add it to your account for ANOTHER 30 days (each type stacks once, per earlier posts).

bread's done
Back