Star Trek: The Next Generation Season Three Blu-Ray $59.99 (Out 4/30)

Target will have it for the same price ($59.99) plus if you buy that AND "The Best of Both Worlds" Blu-Ray ($14.99) they will knock $10 off making the final price for both a mere $64.99!

"The Best of Both Worlds" Blu-Ray has special features not found on the Season Sets as well.

I really wanna buy this to support Trek on blu-ray (If they get to Deep Space Nine I'll be in blu-ray heaven), but I can't justify spending $400 or so on the series. Hopefully they'll release a complete series set for $200 when they're finished.

Thanks, MrBlud (& OP). I really didn't want to buy the Best of Both Worlds just for the special features, but for $5, I can rationalize it as buying a special-er edition of Season 3 with a disc of extra featurettes, and included is an easter egg where I can watch Best of Both Worlds as one episode.

Got Best Buy to match it.

OK whats my best plan to price match at best buy? How do I give them visual proof of the sale target is running so I can get TNG season 2 for $60, BOBW for $15, then $10 off for price match, THEN $10 off for 2 U&S coupons?

Long story short Whats my best way of walking into a Best buy with 2 DVDs and getting the star trek stuff for $60 total?

Edit #1: Meh nevermind, ill just bring in tons of DVDs, get $5 off the 6 original star trek movie blu rays so theyre $5 each (i have the TNG 4 movie blu ray set already), Then ill get BOBW and TNG season 3 for $65 and call it a day. Just easier that way.

Edit #2: Nevermind about the Star Trek TOS original films on blu ray, the set of all 6 movies on blu ray is $28.98... if i traded 6 dvds for 6 $5 coupons and bought them, i'd actually be paying $2 more, maybe more like $4 cuz i'd have to pay tax at BB. lol so I guess im gonna get that on amazon and then just bring 2 dvds for coupons for the target attempted price match at Best buy tomorrow. wish me luck lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JasonTerminator']I really wanna buy this to support Trek on blu-ray (If they get to Deep Space Nine I'll be in blu-ray heaven), but I can't justify spending $400 or so on the series. Hopefully they'll release a complete series set for $200 when they're finished.[/QUOTE]I'm with you I can't spend this much on a show that I've already seen every episode(several 3+ times thanks to fox re-reuns). When there's a deal on the entire series I'll be there.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']OK whats my best plan to price match at best buy? How do I give them visual proof of the sale target is running so I can get TNG season 2 for $60, BOBW for $15, then $10 off for price match, THEN $10 off for 2 U&S coupons?

Long story short Whats my best way of walking into a Best buy with 2 DVDs and getting the star trek stuff for $60 total?

Edit #1: Meh nevermind, ill just bring in tons of DVDs, get $5 off the 6 original star trek movie blu rays so theyre $5 each (i have the TNG 4 movie blu ray set already), Then ill get BOBW and TNG season 3 for $65 and call it a day. Just easier that way.

Edit #2: Nevermind about the Star Trek TOS original films on blu ray, the set of all 6 movies on blu ray is $28.98... if i traded 6 dvds for 6 $5 coupons and bought them, i'd actually be paying $2 more, maybe more like $4 cuz i'd have to pay tax at BB. lol so I guess im gonna get that on amazon and then just bring 2 dvds for coupons for the target attempted price match at Best buy tomorrow. wish me luck lol[/QUOTE]

Or you can get the TOS boxset for $34.99 and get the bonus disc since they didn't remaster anything.

I got ST:TNG S3 - $44.99 and ST:BOBW - $9.99. Paid $54.98 plus tax.

Where's the TOS box set? U mean the movies? I got the movies on blu ray for $28 on amazon I-VI. . How'd u get TNG S3 for $45 and BOBW for $10 though?

And to what others said, yea I'd wait for a TNG box set down the line, BUT I already got TNG seasons 1 and 2 for $40 each on blu ray. Dont know if I can wait like 3+ years for a blu ray boxed set. I already waited forever before the TNG DVD set came out that I got years ago and DS9. So im gonna get S3/BOBW and see how I feel after if im gonna get S4-S7 or wait lol cuz those 4 seasons seperately will be like $240 but you know a boxed set would probably be no more than that too. BUT you also dont know if a boxed set will have everything the individual ones have or if their prices will be cheaper later. Hellwhen I got TNG and DS9 on dvd they were about $280-320 and that was a STEAL back then because they were goin for $400-500 for a long time.

But I have seen every TNG and DS9 4 times each, more if you count reruns on tv so bah i dunno lol i just get caught up cuz i love star trek and dont really think very "grand scheme"

[quote name='neoz']Or you can get the TOS boxset for $34.99 and get the bonus disc since they didn't remaster anything.

I got ST:TNG S3 - $44.99 and ST:BOBW - $9.99. Paid $54.98 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

How did you get S3 for 44.99?????

I got Best Buy to PM this. I had a $10 GC and $10 reward points so I only paid $45 and change out the door. I love BB new PM system.

[quote name='ITDEFX']How did you get S3 for 44.99?????[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']Where's the TOS box set? U mean the movies? I got the movies on blu ray for $28 on amazon I-VI. . How'd u get TNG S3 for $45 and BOBW for $10 though?[/QUOTE]

Got them to PM Targets deal where if you buy both S3 and BOBW you get $10 off. Then used the U&S coupons for another $10 off.

Be advised this is a YMMV situation though. I know the people at my store very well.

[quote name='granturismo']Cannot justify the pricetag. Blueray is just too damn expensive.[/QUOTE]

Well considering MSRP is higher around $70-$100 then $44.99 imo is a good deal. Plus you it is HD. DVD doesn't cut it anymore. Anyone that can not tell the difference needs to get their eyes checked.

Also a lot of work was put into restoring these to look their best so if me buying it helps pay them back then for a Trekkie it is worth it 100%.

Blu's are cheaper and will continue to drop in price. Streaming will never take over. Heck new release DVD's are more then there blu ray counterparts anyway. I can go to WM right now and buy the blu ray cheaper then the DVD but people still buy DVD's. Most people that buy DVD's don't realize that blu ray players even play DVD's. What is worse is that most people today have flat screens but continue to use their DVD's players thinking the picture is good. lol

bread's done
Back