Star Trek TNG movie collection $45.99

Blumpkin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Edit: Deal is back, and even cheaper!

Retailers have started taking pre-orders for the Star Trek Next Generation blu-ray collection. Amazon has the best price I've seen so far, even beating their own price a few days ago of $49. Please post if you find it cheaper.

$45.99 Amazon

09/28/09 Edit: Price went up to $45.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the side of the box, it contains the 4 movies you would expect plus Star Trek: Evolutions... What the hell is star trek: evolutions?

[quote name='mietha']If you look at the side of the box, it contains the 4 movies you would expect plus Star Trek: Evolutions... What the hell is star trek: evolutions?[/QUOTE]

The exclusive bonus disc for this set. which includes the following:

Star Trek Evolutions—Bonus Disc
# The Evolution of the Enterprise
# Villains of Star Trek
# I Love the Star Trek Movies
# Farewell to Star Trek: The Experience
# Klingon Encounter
# Borg Invasion 4D
# Charting the Final Frontier

Cant wait for this. First contact is awesome!!!!

I noticed that they're doing First Contact as a separate movie disc, and from TOS, they're doing ST6: Undiscovered Country as a separate disc.

I guess that way, people that just want First Contact can get it (at $13.49 currently), and for TOS-types, they can do ST2, 3, 4 and 6, skipping 1 & 5.

$50 for Generations, First Contact, Insurrection and Nemesis isn't a bad deal at all. As we saw that Wrath of Khan had a complete remaster and looks great and the other TOS movies are varying levels of goodness for PQ, I wonder how these TNG movies will fare.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='denshaotoko']just give me the show on blu, they can keep the movies.[/QUOTE]

you wont like what you get. sadly most all of the episodes from TNG and DS9 were all archived on VHS :(

[quote name='nightmare452']Insurrection kills this set for me. Have tried watching it but I never even make it to half the movie before going to sleep.[/QUOTE]
lol. I think it's funny that Insurrection is so hated by many, but it's one of my favorites of the TNG movies. Call me weird, but I love Generations too.

I think Insurrection is lame mostly because of the stupid villains, who are as threatening as a cactus. But I still preordered the set because that's a nice price and the special features disc will probably be cool.

I'm curious if all of the special edition features will be on the Blu-Ray edition. If so, you could almost sell your DVD two disc editions and almost recoup the costs (based off what I last saw)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm curious if all of the special edition features will be on the Blu-Ray edition. If so, you could almost sell your DVD two disc editions and almost recoup the costs (based off what I last saw)[/QUOTE]
Paramount almost always ports over all of the DVD extras for each catalog title they release. So I would say your safe.

Updated with the new price in the OP.

And as we had such varying PQ situations with the TOS movies, I'm waiting this one out for reviews before jumping into it.

The price is bad,amazon`s price should be lower,I will wait 1 week to see.
clear.gif

[quote name='shrike4242']Updated with the new price in the OP.

And as we had such varying PQ situations with the TOS movies, I'm waiting this one out for reviews before jumping into it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I can picture this set having mediocre image quality only to release another set in a few years that is remastered.

[quote name='shrike4242']Updated with the new price in the OP.

And as we had such varying PQ situations with the TOS movies, I'm waiting this one out for reviews before jumping into it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I can picture this set having mediocre image quality only to release another set in a few years that is remastered.

What's sad is that "meh" is better than what Paramount offered up for the TOS movie set. At least the price was right for both. $11 a movie is appropriate, plus the extras are good. I'm surprised the audio scored so high, yay.

I agree that the pricing is good for the movies, especially that they seem to have some good extras included with it.

I'd want to get a couple more reviews before deciding to pass on them or not at the current price.

bread's done
Back