Star Wars BB-8 toy for sale nationwide today

tearsintherain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
1414750880218202406.gif

the star wars bb-8 toy is in stock at a bunch of retailers including gamestop, best buy, amazon, and literally dozens more.  $150.  will probably be the hot toy of 2015, if you have a kid you need to buy the love of.  Its a remote controllable toy, controlled by a smartphone.

http://www.gamestop....-bb-8-rc/124911

http://www.bestbuy.c...white/4316601.p

articles about it

http://www.theverge....ce-release-date

http://toyland.gizmo...oy-e-1727067215

apparently shipping now?  I ordered mine from gamestop since i have such an excess amount of credit from the Fifty-apocalypse, use coupon code SAVER for free shipping

As someone who owns a now plain old boring Sphero, I'd just say my concern wouldn't be so much with giving a child such an expensive toy but how long will it hold their interest. Mine was given to me in November and since then I've used it twice for a total of about an hour. Maybe I'm just ADHD, but the novelty wears off very quickly, imho.

Man I read through this entire thread and I am very disappointed. Not nearly the level of comedy I was expecting.  Still not sure why this is on the main page.

I don't think they do. I didn't see any at the store I went to online.
Meh. There are a ton of stores showing absurd stock levels. Either those stores didn't bother to put them out yet, or there is some inventory miscount. But I can live without it...for now. I'll try to get the better one on the cheap at some point in the future. I have no doubt they will make these things until the market is fully saturated and retailers that overstocked them will be attempting to clearance them out at firesale prices. Probably early next year, but I can wait.

Wait, what, 150$?
Yes...for now. There are some paltry discounts to be found here and there though. The Target exclusive one is $79.99 but limited functionality (no re-charging dock, no smart phone app only a junky little remote control) but also can be used with the SW coupons (text FORCE10 or FORCE25 to the Target coupon number, or get them from last week's ad) for $10 off $50 or $25 off $100 SW stuff purchase (excludes Legos and/or clearance).

Meh. There are a ton of stores showing absurd stock levels. Either those stores didn't bother to put them out yet, or there is some inventory miscount. But I can live without it...for now. I'll try to get the better one on the cheap at some point in the future. I have no doubt they will make these things until the market is fully saturated and retailers that overstocked them will be attempting to clearance them out at firesale prices. Probably early next year, but I can wait.
Lol you must not know much about Star Wars or Disney products in general. The movie comes out the end of this year and you expect this product to hit a fire sale early next? Maybe end of next year at best but even then that's unlikely. The company that makes this will most likely improve it or create an updated one later.

This is Star Wars merchandise we are talking about. They will restock them until the end of the year but come Black Friday, these will not be found. Even before than it'll sell out a few days (or hours) after restocks.

Either way, these are not going to hit any clearance. If they do, it's b/c someone lost stock and randomly found it in the store weeks later.

Any idea if Amazon will start carrying this?  

Nevermind - looks like there is a page for it, it's just currently OOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="jkimrey" post="12905182" timestamp="1441495521"]Any idea if Amazon will start carrying this?

Nevermind - looks like there is a page for it, it's just currently OOS.[/quote] great! That means awd for $75 in the next few months hopefully!

For people thinking of waiting until they go down in price, I'd recommend looking for coupon discounts instead. The regular model Sphero 2.0 is only $20 cheaper and doesn't seem to be any cheaper than that any of it's current retailers. It also looks awesome if you're interested. And it comes with significantly more app support - though Sphero says the BB-8 model will see more functionality as more apps are released closer to the film's release date.

It's super cute and really awesome but the downside is that the wheels under the head piece will pick up every little pet hair or anything else on your floor so be aware of that.

Where in SD buddy? I'm in Downey and most likely down to take the drive for one of these bad boys.
Drive 2hrs? dang! haha. I'd give away store but I'd like to secure one for myself before I give it away. Don't want to screw myself over and not end up getting one. Store said they had quite a few. Another store will be getting some in next week as well.

Drive 2hrs? dang! haha. I'd give away store but I'd like to secure one for myself before I give it away. Don't want to screw myself over and not end up getting one. Store said they had quite a few. Another store will be getting some in next week as well.
Why even bother to post this then? How is this different from saying hey, Amazon will be getting these in stock in Nov. Sure is helpful.

Why even bother to post this then? How is this different from saying hey, Amazon will be getting these in stock in Nov. Sure is helpful.
Why bother? Because I'd like one myself and if I give away the store now.. who knows? Someone could buy them all up or gets sold out by the time I go and I get screwed over.

Why bother? Because I'd like one myself and if I give away the store now.. who knows? Someone could buy them all up or gets sold out by the time I go and I get screwed over.
That is my point. Why dont you post the info after you get one? Then your post can actually help another CAG out looking to get one too.

Tomorrow morning I will go in to my best buy and have them check the san diego area stock, and I will get back to you guys on which store it is.

I got the original sphero several years ago. My kids and I played with it once or twice and never again. Maybe they have changed since the original, but there really isn't much to do with these once the novelty is gone.

If anyone wants mine I'll sell it. Otherwise I'm returning it tommorow. Nothing wrong with it. Played with for an hour but my kids are too young for it.

Was talking to a couple people about this lately. We're moving into a generation where a phone, tablet, etc. isn't that odd to give to kids. At a time giving a kid a bike or scooter was considered out there (b/c they were expensive and somewhat dangerous) but it's the norm now. Depending on the age, I don't think it's out there for a kid to have these things considering they are dirt cheap to come by. You can get a decent tablet for $50 and a phone for even less.
Why kids getting fatter n flatter butt sitting to much. Bike is better then can get outside more. Watch out for vans thoo this world aint safe better yet stay inside lol

Why kids getting fatter n flatter butt sitting to much. Bike is better then can get outside more. Watch out for vans thoo this world aint safe better yet stay inside lol
While I generally agree with this statement...The horrible spelling and grammar you use proves that you are part of the lazy generation/group you are annoyed with. Seems rather ironic to me.

Yeah, the last generation kids had TV and videogames and still played outside. If your kids are sitting inside all day, that is you as a parents fault. Let them be active. Get them electronics and outdoor items. A tablet for themselves, a basketball to play in the neighborhood playground. Sometimes they really do want to stay inside all day but the only way they'll go outside and want to is if they find it just as fun. Which really isn't that hard to do.

Got one the day they came out from Bed Bath and Beyond (odd place to find one).  My 1 year and 4 year old boys love watching and/or chasing it.  As does my Bengal kitten.  It has been a hit in our house.

Got one the day they came out from Bed Bath and Beyond (odd place to find one). My 1 year and 4 year old boys love watching and/or chasing it. As does my Bengal kitten. It has been a hit in our house.
Saw one in there the other day. Good non-obvious place to look if you can't find it.

Fry's, Radio Shack, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot, Bed Bath & Beyotch, Sprint, AT&T, Disney Store, Kmart, Sears...who else is selling them?

The Apple store in El Paso had three of the in stock.  Was the first store had seen them.  If you want to pick one up, you might want to check your local Apple store

bread's done
Back