Star Wars Complete Saga PS3 $24.98 @ Lego.com

There was a discount sticker on the box for 24.98, but the game rang up at 49.99 yesterday. The clerk just manually overrode the price.

The clerk at the Valley Fair Lego Store said they pricematched the online store. The other clerk didnt think they did, but the first one was happy to do it. YMMV I guess. Also, they dont have them on display, they are under the registers. Lots of 360 and PS3 copies.

if you call the 800 number they say that it is now discontinued and they will no long have it in stock. I would suggest going to your local store before they too stop carrying it.

Just wanted to say "thank you" to the OP. I've been waiting for this game to come on sale for a very long time (and I was fortunate enough to see the post before the stampede).

[quote name='conspiracy1989']damn i wish it was the 360 version[/quote]

The difference is people play the Xbox 360 and the Wii, no one cares about the PS3 games. :)

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']Except the PS3 has out-sold the 360 this year.[/quote]

By a few thousand units with constrained supply whatever you fanboy. Look at the games because they are not making dime one on the console anyway, 360 the highest attach rate in history 7.1 PS3 a measly 2.2. Says it all.

Someone makes a biased generalization about a system, I bring up a simple fact, yet I'm the horrible fanboy?

All my part meant is that people ARE playing the PS3, and that'll just increase as this year moves along.

Thanks OP, just picked it up at the Ontario, CA location. GREAT deal!

edit: You might wanna change the title to show that you can also get it at a B&M Lego Store too.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']Who gives a shit what system is better? Take that endless conversation elsewhere.[/quote]

Who cares? People wondering why it's only for the PS3.

It's not an endless topic, it's a fact. The Xbox 360 sells 5 million copies of it's top games when the Wii sells 1-2 million and has a slightly higher fanbase.

The 360 has everyone else beat when it comes to the percentage of games sold for the user base. The PS3 comes in last, and is much greater used as a movie player.

It's not what system is better (Because the SNES kicks everyone ass ;) ), it's about the strengths and weaknesses of each system and why some versions go on sale and others don't.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Who cares? People wondering why it's only for the PS3.

It's not an endless topic, it's a fact. The Xbox 360 sells 5 million copies of it's top games when the Wii sells 1-2 million and has a slightly higher fanbase.

The 360 has everyone else beat when it comes to the percentage of games sold for the user base. The PS3 comes in last, and is much greater used as a movie player.

It's not what system is better (Because the SNES kicks everyone ass ;) ), it's about the strengths and weaknesses of each system and why some versions go on sale and others don't.[/quote]

Or LEGO appreciates the PS3 fanbase more than the Xbox 360 fanboys. \\:D/
Let's see where that leads too...

It's not what system is better (Because the SNES kicks everyone ass ;) ), it's about the strengths and weaknesses of each system and why some versions go on sale and others don't.[/quote]

Well I think you found the answer to your own question. Lego must not sell a lot of PS3 versions so they price dropped it. The 360 version is more popular so why drop the price on it? Also, most people who go to a Lego store are little kids, little kids generally dont own PS3s, they own 360s, PS2s, or Wiis. PS3 is geared more towards older audiences. I think it's a matter of demographics.

And btw, PS1 and PS2 kick the SNES's ass ;)

Heh, and to think I wasn't actually trying to start an argument, I was just saying that PS3 sales have started to pick up.

I'm still disappointed with this game that you couldn't just swing the Wii-mote around to attack.

well this should really say out of stock, everytime i see this bumped back up to the top i get all excited, then get reminded i have to act sooner on this kind of thing and go cry in the corner. :(

[quote name='chimpian']well this should really say out of stock, everytime i see this bumped back up to the top i get all excited, then get reminded i have to act sooner on this kind of thing and go cry in the corner. :([/quote]

If I lived closer to a LEGO store I would go down and pick up a few copies. It's double stamp week (That ends today), so if you spend $100 you get a $10 gift card, if you spend $200 you get the $10 gift card and a $20 gift card.

deal is dead price went back up, I called and the woman put me on hold then hung up on me. I went back and checked the site now its 49.99 again I really did not want it anyway.

Sales figures have little singular correlation to how good something is over something else. This is sheepish thinking. It's the same reason Britney Spears and the iPod do so much better than equally good competitors. Not because, substantively, they're better, but because if it's selling, everyone else makes the same bad correlation as you: "It's selling better, therefore it must be better!" Follow the leader, think later.

[quote name='FitzRoy']Sales figures have little singular correlation to how good something is over something else. This is sheepish thinking. It's the same reason Britney Spears and the iPod do so much better than equally good competitors. Not because, substantively, they're better, but because if it's selling, everyone else makes the same bad correlation as you: "It's selling better, therefore it must be better!" Follow the leader, think later.[/quote]

Can you even read what I'm saying?

Sales figure matter, if you think they don't you live in a dream land with fairies and elves.

LEGO has X amount of space for things, they had more PS3 games than the space would fit so they lower the price. Once they get rid of the over amount the price goes back to normal or it's clearance out to make room for the new. That's how it works with sets from a talk I had with the manager once.

bread's done
Back