Star Wars: Empire at War Price Drop-19.99(14.99 after GGC)

According to what I've seen online, it appears that Empire at War (the original game) is selling @ Best Buy online for $19.99. This may probably be B&M too, as EBGame(Stop), Amazon, and Outpost is selling it for $19.99 too! Now here is a deal that I just thought of...

You buy Empire at War for $19.99 and Forces of Corruption for $29.99

Then this week's promotion should kick in. For those of you who don't know it, its "Buy any 2 PC games or time cards for $19.99 and save $10 instantly"

After you do that, use your Game Gift Card on Empire at War to get an additional $5 discount.

Then when next week rolls by and Forces of Corruption becomes $17.99, you go back to Best Buy and you price match that shizzle dizzle!

In the end, the total should be...

EAW $14.99 ($19.99 - $5) + $17.99 ($29.99 - $12 price match) = $32.98 - $10 (instant savings) - $1.44 (10% back for price matching) = $21.54

Does anyone see a flaw in this? Does this work?

[quote name='Kromis']According to what I've seen online, it appears that Empire at War (the original game) is selling @ Best Buy online for $19.99. This may probably be B&M too, as EBGame(Stop), Amazon, and Outpost is selling it for $19.99 too! Now here is a deal that I just thought of...

You buy Empire at War for $19.99 and Forces of Corruption for $29.99

Then this week's promotion should kick in. For those of you who don't know it, its "Buy any 2 PC games or time cards for $19.99 and save $10 instantly"

After you do that, use your Game Gift Card on Empire at War to get an additional $5 discount.

Then when next week rolls by and Forces of Corruption becomes $17.99, you go back to Best Buy and you price match that shizzle dizzle!

In the end, the total should be...

EAW $14.99 ($19.99 - $5) + $17.99 ($29.99 - $12 price match) = $32.98 - $10 (instant savings) - $1.44 (10% back for price matching) = $21.54

Does anyone see a flaw in this? Does this work?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy always stops me from doubling up on offers. They would say you can't use gamers gift card with 10 off 2 pc games promotion...

Knowing how they are, they would probably try to stop you price matching too

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Best Buy always stops me from doubling up on offers. They would say you can't use gamers gift card with 10 off 2 pc games promotion...

Knowing how they are, they would probably try to stop you price matching too[/quote]

Damn, what a bunch of pricks...

Empire at War is pretty fun, it's a somewhat flawed RTS by itself (pre-expansion), and my enjoyment comes more from the Star Wars storyline/characters/ships than the game mechanics there.

From what I've read in reviews, the expansion corrects a lot of the monotony and defects of the first game, and makes it a lot more fun.

[quote name='whoknows']Is this game good? I'm weary of movie based RTS's after playing Battle For Middle Earth.[/QUOTE]

I've heard it's kind of like Rome: Total War...

LucasArts is coming out with a Best of PC compilation on November 21. It will be $39.99 and will include:

Star Wars: Empire at War
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Republic Commando
plus a Star Wars Galaxies: 14-Day Trial.

Star Wars the Best of PC

bread's done
Back