Star Wars: Force Unleashed (360) $25.98 Amazon Gold Box

I gof this for 40 shortly after it came out and it was probably the most disappointing game of 2008 outside of Golden Axe, but I had little expectations for that one going into it. SWFU is a short glitch fest.

Just bought it, I was about to order a used copy through Family Video tonight-glad I was holding out as I saw the "clue" as to what the gold box deal would be. Just hoped it was for the 360 version. A new sealed copy for a couple bucks more I can live with. (Family Video would have come out to $24 inclusive of shipping, taxes as my local store doesn't have a copy)

In for one. I wasn't too crazy about the demo, but I want to see the story and even with Gamestop used coupons and Edge, it'd be $5 more with tax used than this is new. I'll easily get my money back off Craig's List if I hate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was excited to buy the game at 40 but then i played the demo and wasnt so impressed then read reviews and it made me more unsure, if i get out of my backlog i might rent it at some point but def wont buy it...........

Very good deal post though, for die hard sw fans im sure this is great but as i am just a passer by ima let it slide......good post though and good looking out

When I saw a similar deal back in November for about $30, I was like "OH MY GOD" and ordered it right away, since I found the demo quite fun. Then the day it came, I popped the disc in and was like "oh........" and put the disk back in the case and just put it in my shelf. Haven't played it since.

Very, very short game, with no real replayability. Great price though, seeing as it came out not too long ago. Game can be beaten and forgotten in a few hours unfortunately.

[quote name='crushtopher']Meh, I'd rather drop $3 to rent it and enjoy it for a few days than purchase it, even for $25.98[/quote]

Yea this game is clearly in the rental category. Buying games that are only a few hours long with no replayability makes no sense.

great game that glitches!!! I bought for 35 and sold for 38 so i got paid 3 dollars to play this game!!!! and i don't like star wars 4 real!!!!

I just finished this game. It's got some frustrating parts (especially on the higher difficulties), but it's still a very good game. Awesome story that details the formation of the rebel alliance (in canon), and it's also pretty sweet to run around as a badass sith while the imperial march plays in the background.

[quote name='kidrocklive']dang I missed it[/quote]

You can always pick up the used copy at Family Video- $19.99.

I agree with most of the comments above, the game is not quite worth the $60 full price. For around $20, it's good for that quick need for a Jedi-style kick or if you have a Star Wars fanatic in your house for a visit.

I might have jumped on this if I didn't already have such a backlog of games to play which I picked up at CC.

No point in buying this to stick on the bottom of the proverbial pile when by the time I get around to playing it, it will be at most this price everywhere.

[quote name='skyywelker']It's only 31% claimed and you still have time[/quote]

thanks, I don't really know how the gold box thing works. I just looked at the page for the game and saw it wasn't on sale so I figured I missed out on it lol.

Usually when there is a deal on a game that got mediocre or worse reviews, there is a contingent that sticks up for the game and says its worth it at that price. In the case of this game, there seem to be more people warning against buying it.

I'll pass as I have too many other games to play. By the time I get to this, it'll be cheaper anyway.

[quote name='kidrocklive']thanks, I don't really know how the gold box thing works. I just looked at the page for the game and saw it wasn't on sale so I figured I missed out on it lol.[/quote]

Ya I saw that too, maybe they do it that way so if someone was going to buy the game at full price anyways they still make the extra money?

[quote name='Moravagine']Usually when there is a deal on a game that got mediocre or worse reviews, there is a contingent that sticks up for the game and says its worth it at that price. In the case of this game, there seem to be more people warning against buying it.

I'll pass as I have too many other games to play. By the time I get to this, it'll be cheaper anyway.[/quote]

This is how I ended up with Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant. I know I'll play them eventually, but by the time I do they'll both be cheaper than I paid for them.

Ah, the allure of the Gold Box.

[quote name='Aleman']Yea this game is clearly in the rental category. Buying games that are only a few hours long with no replayability makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

Huh? The game is designed perfectly for replay. First the game is short, as mentioned, but mostly because you get to keep all your skill/stats when you start over. That way you can start on a lower difficulty to build the Apprentice's powers and actually work your way up.

[quote name='Moravagine']Usually when there is a deal on a game that got mediocre or worse reviews, there is a contingent that sticks up for the game and says its worth it at that price. [/QUOTE]

If you like SW and need a Jedi fix, it's worth it at this price. I paid $20 and really enjoyed it. Would it be worth it at $60? Not a chance. If you don't like short games, do like I did and start on the Sith Lord difficulty (hard). That easily adds a few hours to the game. Then again, like I posted above, it is designed to be replayed so you can start on Medium and then move to hard for achievements/finding remaining Holocrons.

don't know how i missed this.
sorry i did.
being a star wars nut i've had my eye on this game.
but being a cag'er i don't wanna pay more than $25 for any game, much less one that's been as heavily criticized as Force Unleashed.

bread's done
Back