Star Wars: Force Unleashed Deals (Wall graphix at Target)

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
Hmmm, suprised didn't see a thread on this yet. Guess I will start, :)

CAN'T WAIT!!! The FORCE is strong with this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asvKQOJZXcs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKGXHMH0xkA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ51hx3wGgI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT9sQaQV6Ag

Toys R Us - Get a $20 Gift Card when you buy the game.

Circuit City: Pre-order and get a Free T-shirt

Best Buy: Same T-Shirt same as CC. You also get $5 off the TFU Lightsaber.

Target: Pre-order and get a cool Wall Graphix

Gamestop: Pre-order and get a Free StormTrooper Action Figure
100_1691.jpg

Blockbuster: Pre-order and get a Free laser print
TFUprint.jpg

Lucas Arts/Star Wars Shop: Free comic http://shop.starwars.com/kernel/imageload?table=cat_images;ttl2=15;key1=1222498_img1;key2=-100_img1

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to get the free figure, but I'm probably going to get mine at Toys R Us. I have some Geoffrey dollars I've been itching to spend and this looks like a great excuse to spend them on.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I asked a Gamestop store Manager (a nice and credible one at that) and she said that the figure was going to be given out at the midnight launch of the game to those who come and pick up their preorder. She said they were trying to give an incentive for people to come to the midnight 'events'.[/quote]I'll have to ask my local GS SM and see if that's the case, both on the figure as well as the midnight launch. Might be worth a pre-order for the figure, though I'm not dragging my ass out of bed for a midnight launch.

[quote name='squall12']Circuit City you get a free T-shirt if you preorder.[/quote]

where did you see this? i have not heard or seen this yet at CC

[quote name='Cuban__B']where did you see this? i have not heard or seen this yet at CC[/quote]

He probably works for CC

According to chubbyninja, you get the figure when you pick up the game during the midnight launch (but you must have it pre-ordered, if I understood correctly).

[quote name='Shawnimal']I played Star Wars Galaxies for two years.... and this has to be better than that Sony trainwreck. I'm contractually obligated buy all star wars games and see all the movies, regardless of how bad they are. Only two good movies: "New Hope" and "Empire." And only two good games: "Tie Fighter" and "KOTOR." I'm shocked that I'm still a fan... Lucas has so much of my money it's ridiculous. And he'll get my money for this.

If you like Star Wars, you'll buy STFU, if not, then STFU ;)[/quote]

If Galaxies sucked so bad why did you play it for 2 years?

I hate when people talk so much crap about a franchise milking fans of their money but then being one of the people contributing to it.

Can anyone confirm the Circuit City shirt bonus?

I don't have one near me and the closest one blows, but a shirt in the hand is worth more than a figure in the bush...

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I asked a Gamestop store Manager (a nice and credible one at that) and she said that the figure was going to be given out at the midnight launch of the game to those who come and pick up their preorder. She said they were trying to give an incentive for people to come to the midnight 'events'.[/QUOTE]

So there's going to be a midnight launch? Honestly I'm normally not much of a Star Wars fan, but I played the demo just now, and...holy shit.

[quote name='rainking187']So there's going to be a midnight launch? Honestly I'm normally not much of a Star Wars fan, but I played the demo just now, and...holy shit.[/quote]

If throwing bodies around with Havok physics is your cup of tea (just guessing what the draw is if you aren't a SW fan), there is also Psi Ops and Destroy All Humans. Maybe a lot more that I'm missing.

They complained about the boss battles in the OXM review more than anything it seems--and also compare it to Jedi Knight 2, which is a tough comparison.It is pretty lame to not have it on PC or include multiplayer.

Stopped at GS today and asked about preorder bonuses and they said "none", then I've heard from 2 separate sources that they'll have a figure available. 2 against 1 makes me wonder........

If you like Star Wars, you'll buy STFU, if not, then STFU

I like Star Wars, but after playing the demo on PSN, i'm disappointed. I wish they would focus on some of the post Episode 6 plot lines e.g. Admiral Thrawn, the new Solo kids, etc. I know it's not officially endorsed by Lucas, but the stories from these arcs just seem much better than the plot between Episode 1-3.

I was really really looking forward to this but it's looking to just be a rental. I tried the demo and besides the force powers, it didn't do too much for me.

[quote name='lovemetal626']i wish BB would have the $10 gift card too, that would really make my day.[/quote]

I thought BB does price match? and deal match.. i remember this being an issue before and a coworker of mine told me he got the 10 dollar gift card.

[quote name='Cuban__B']I thought BB does price match? and deal match.. i remember this being an issue before and a coworker of mine told me he got the 10 dollar gift card.[/quote]

seriously?

im gonna go try, thanks for the info.

by the way, is the 10 dollar gift card at CC when you pre-order it or buy it in stores?

Circuit City shirt seems worth a look. I'll check that out to see if the shirt is good or bad.

Anyway, IGN seems to be suggesting recently on the podcast I heard that the Wii version is actually better in many ways then the 360 and PS3 versions. Found that strange myself.

Since i'll have to wait for the inevitable PC version I guess i'll put that in my gamefly que. My 360 red ringed so i'm out of luck there.

I can't stop playing the demo. Just wish Amazon.com had a preorder bonus, have a giftcard I want to spend.

[quote name='vkyosho']I like Star Wars, but after playing the demo on PSN, i'm disappointed. I wish they would focus on some of the post Episode 6 plot lines e.g. Admiral Thrawn, the new Solo kids, etc. I know it's not officially endorsed by Lucas, but the stories from these arcs just seem much better than the plot between Episode 1-3.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure anything from the early 90's on is "officially" endorsed and considered canon. In fact, from the article in Wired I read, only some really early stuff is not canon.

I remember people telling me that about Grand Theft Auto 4 and that came out pretty quick.

Anyway, If I can get a shirt and $10 off I might get it for the Wii since my 360 is red ringed.

[quote name='j.elles']I remember people telling me that about Grand Theft Auto 4 and that came out pretty quick.

Anyway, If I can get a shirt and $10 off I might get it for the Wii since my 360 is red ringed.[/quote]

Aye, but that's just the thing...people...general public...there was no official denial from Rockstar. And as you know Rockstar finally got around to officially declaring it for the PC. This however is different, an actual developer from LucasArts has gone on the record saying there will be no PC port...

Just about every Lucasarts game has made it to PC. So I think they're hiding the truth. Another third party is probably working on it. Like EA or something.

I just called my local Gamestop store (which is not connected to a mall) and they are not having the exclusive figure there, but other stores are apparently having midnight openings for the game which will have a first-come, first served for the exclusive figures. The GS store I called will be opening early at 8am on September 16th, though. Preordering the game will not guarantee you a figure. Ugh. Not cool. Don't think I want to hang out at a store that late at night for a figure that I may or may not get. :roll:

My to local Game Crazy stores so far aren't sure if they're opening early for the launch or if they will be having an exclusives like the Stormtrooper Commander either. Bah.

did anyone get BB to pricematch the CC 10$ gift card?

im not sure if mine would do it, because its only on the CC site, no ads have been released.

[quote name='spideymike']I just called my local Gamestop store (which is not connected to a mall) and they are not having the exclusive figure there, but other stores are apparently having midnight openings for the game which will have a first-come, first served for the exclusive figures. The GS store I called will be opening early at 8am on September 16th, though. Preordering the game will not guarantee you a figure. Ugh. Not cool. Don't think I want to hang out at a store that late at night for a figure that I may or may not get. :roll:

My to local Game Crazy stores so far aren't sure if they're opening early for the launch or if they will be having an exclusives like the Stormtrooper Commander either. Bah.[/quote]

I just came from my local store, looked at the print out of all the pre-order bonus stuff, and the manager even let me take the print out. I can confirm that GS is getting a 'stormtrooper figure' that will be available when you pick up your pre-order of Force Unleashed. The issue will be that only the first however many who pick up the game will get the figure, dependant upon how many figures they get per store. I'm not saying that EVERY store will get them, because I can't prove that one way or another, but its defnitely on the official pre-order bonus item list now.

I'm going to try to put a scan of this print out up when I can get to a scanner. I'll probably post it in the other thread that deals with all GS pre-order bonuses since it pertains to tons of games.

Awesome. Thanks for the update. It's appreciated. I called quite a few stores today and pretty much no GS store knew exactly what was going on two weeks from now.

[quote name='spideymike']Awesome. Thanks for the update. It's appreciated. I called quite a few stores today and pretty much no GS store knew exactly what was going on two weeks from now.[/quote]

Same thing in my area, no one knows anything. I'm hopeful though after reading mkernan's post :)

[quote name='eau']Wonder if CC would price match TRU's $20 GC deal. CC's giveaway is a T-shirt.[/quote]

toys r us is giving $20 gift card with a pre-order!!! :eek:

anyone think bestbuy would pricematch this?

Edit: i dont see the promotion anywhere, not in the stores ad, or the site, where did you hear of this?

bread's done
Back