Star Wars: Force Unleashed Deals (Wall graphix at Target)

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
Hmmm, suprised didn't see a thread on this yet. Guess I will start, :)

CAN'T WAIT!!! The FORCE is strong with this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asvKQOJZXcs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKGXHMH0xkA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ51hx3wGgI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT9sQaQV6Ag

Toys R Us - Get a $20 Gift Card when you buy the game.

Circuit City: Pre-order and get a Free T-shirt

Best Buy: Same T-Shirt same as CC. You also get $5 off the TFU Lightsaber.

Target: Pre-order and get a cool Wall Graphix

Gamestop: Pre-order and get a Free StormTrooper Action Figure
100_1691.jpg

Blockbuster: Pre-order and get a Free laser print
TFUprint.jpg

Lucas Arts/Star Wars Shop: Free comic http://shop.starwars.com/kernel/imageload?table=cat_images;ttl2=15;key1=1222498_img1;key2=-100_img1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spideymike']Our spies get the ads early. That's all. You won't see this mentioned in print probably until Sunday September 14th.[/quote]

many bothans die-- oh,.. nevermind. :( ;)

WHY ARE THE HD VERSIONS OF ALL GAMES ON SALE WHILE THE WII VERSION IS NOT!!!! Im sorry for writing in caps, but im just so pissed that the HD games always have sales that make them cheaper than wii games, while the wii games have no deal at all. It was the same for facebreaker. 39.99 for game on HD consoles, 49.99 for wii.

[quote name='blackbird3216']WHY ARE THE HD VERSIONS OF ALL GAMES ON SALE WHILE THE WII VERSION IS NOT!!!! Im sorry for writing in caps, but im just so pissed that the HD games always have sales that make them cheaper than wii games, while the wii games have no deal at all. It was the same for facebreaker. 39.99 for game on HD consoles, 49.99 for wii.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it was $40 for the Wii version as a pre-order at TRU for at least a few weeks a while back--too lazy to check the threads.

[quote name='SuperJedi'][/quote]

does the ad you have say anything about the 10 dollar gift card?

if so, i can use it to price match at BB.

[quote name='SuperJedi']The ad is found online, it's Pre-order deal.

Toys R Us - Get a $20 Gift Card when you buy the game... Very nice![/quote]

i still see no ad for it. can you post a link maybe?

EDIT: nvm, i got more info from another site, it says its the ad for next week, so its not a pre-order deal they said, its when you actually purchase the game.

anyone think BB would price match this?

Looks like you can't pre-order online and choose store pick-up @ CC. Which means no t-shirt.
So you either get the $10 gift card (online pre-order) or the shirt (store pre-order). Is that correct?

Looks like I'm transferring my preorder from BBV to GS. I haven't seen that figure in-store anywhere (we have all the TFU figures, in addition to countless others), so the wife is gonna want it.

One local GS knew nothing of it and the other said they will have them when you pick them up. :/

[quote name='davidmt']Looks like you can't pre-order online and choose store pick-up @ CC. Which means no t-shirt.
So you either get the $10 gift card (online pre-order) or the shirt (store pre-order). Is that correct?[/quote]

almost... the online offer is right but the in store offer is the t-shirt AND a $5 gift card...

check speedy's ad to see for ureself,
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196417

[quote name='Guru006']Toys r us $20 gift card has me sold but can't find the link anywhere. Anyone?[/quote]

You won't see an official TRU ad on it until the Sunday paper. If you're referring to the CAG link from Speedy, it's at the top of this forum in the locked threads section.

im very sad that this game didnt get the pre-order gift treatment that all the other games seem to get now a days. this was the first game i was every going to pre-order too :(

Well, I talked to my girl at the GS next to my work and she said that they should be having the figures at the midnight launch. So, if I don't get one, I'm gonna return it and pick it up at BBV for the framed art.

I want the game but its not getting rated very well. Only a c. I liked what i played though. I probably played the demo level 15 times :). The coolest thing was bending the pipes out into the space lanes and blowing up an incoming tie fighter while the imperial music played! That alone had me sold!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']are there any pics of what the wall grafix looks like from target?[/quote]

i'm wondering this also.... however I don't think it will be bigger then a sheet of paper... so not that great.

then again I played the demo and decided to pass on this game new.
gamestop 25%coupon+edge=35% off= awesome

[quote name='lovemetal626']i have never pre-ordered things online, can we pick up the game still ?

my buddy and me want the game first day, but we also want the shirt.[/quote]

it doesn't look like the shirt is available at BestBuy stores, but the game will be there opening day for sure. i think the shirt is online only

I think I have it figured out. EB Canada is getting the figures, not the U.S. stores. I just looked closer at the pic in the OP and it was from an EBGames in Regina, SK.

Everything else I've found online is people in CA getting the figures. Ugh... I knew I should have just kept my preorder at BBV.

[quote name='sp00ge']I think I have it figured out. EB Canada is getting the figures, not the U.S. stores. I just looked closer at the pic in the OP and it was from an EBGames in Regina, SK.

Everything else I've found online is people in CA getting the figures. Ugh... I knew I should have just kept my preorder at BBV.[/quote]

Nope, the US is still getting the action figures. It just hasn't been advertised for some reason. When I picked up NHL 09 yesterday, the GS employee asked me if I wanted to pre-order the force unleashed. He said I would get a cool action figure with it. He then proceeded to bring out a box of them to show me one. He said they got them like 2 days ago. didn't preorder by the way.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Nope, the US is still getting the action figures. It just hasn't been advertised for some reason. When I picked up NHL 09 yesterday, the GS employee asked me if I wanted to pre-order the force unleashed. He said I would get a cool action figure with it. He then proceeded to bring out a box of them to show me one. He said they got them like 2 days ago. didn't preorder by the way.[/quote]

Hmm.. Might have to drop in at lunch and check to see if my store got them.

Well, I stopped in to check with my girl there and she said that they haven't received them yet. Hopefully they will by Monday night.

Figure at GS, or $20 GC from Toys R Us? Either way, i need a game to fill my not-october-21-yet-is-little-bigplanet-out-yet void, so this will be it. Good move on Lucasarts part on the release date. I almost picked up IU, but apparently it's not worth my $60

Only select GS stores will be having an exclusive figure there - and at most stores you can only get it if you preorder the game and if you stand outside the store at a midnight launch. Lame. Some folks are lucking out by getting the figure earlier.

GS - you suck.

If they don't have figures on Monday night (they didn't have them as of yesterday), I'm canceling and picking up some flippers for BBV. Seems petty, but I was promised by people I know there that they will have them.

I'm on a much better level with the BBV people anyways, and would prefer to give them my business.

Supposedly GS stores doing the midnight launches are only getting 24 figures each. Only two stores "near" me (5-10 miles away) are doing this promotion and have combined over 200 preorders for the game. I'm not playing GS's game and waiting hours in line for a figure I might get. I'm going to TRU and getting the $20 gift card then. fuck you GS.

[quote name='spideymike']Supposedly GS stores doing the midnight launches are only getting 24 figures each. Only two stores "near" me (5-10 miles away) are doing this promotion and have combined over 200 preorders for the game. I'm not playing GS's game and waiting hours in line for a figure I might get. I'm going to TRU and getting the $20 gift card then. fuck you GS.[/quote]

Just called my local GS's and they're only getting 5 figures each and only one of them is open at midnight. I'm already on the fence with collecting Hasbro anyway so this is another nail in my Hasbro coffin as far as I'm concerned. Then again I don't like buying from GS anyway so it's all good on that front too :) Now to decide which other preorder offer to pursue....

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']For such a big game it has such lame pre orders..

Toys r us 20 dollar giftcard it is @_@[/QUOTE]

Not lame, but does seem to be a sketchy hassle for the figure anyway.
I gotta agree that TRU seems the way to go. If Toys R Us sold the GS figure for $20, would I even buy it with the giftcard? Probably not....

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']BB is giving the same free T-Shirt as CC. OP, add that to the first post. You also get $5 off the TFU Lightsaber.[/quote]

Thanks I will add that!

Quck question about TrU's $20 card…

Anyone know if BB would price match this deal? I'd spend $20 more easily at BB than Toys. I don't even care about the shirt from BB.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Quck question about TrU's $20 card…

Anyone know if BB would price match this deal? I'd spend $20 more easily at BB than Toys. I don't even care about the shirt from BB.[/quote]

Call and ask.. or take the ad and ask the manager.

Worth a shot, but BB's policy strictly states they dont match the gift card deals.. but they did with galaxy so its up in the air.

Supposedly some people claim to have good luck PMing deals at Best Buy - but I'm leary that that'd approve of this. YMMV across the US for trying to do this. I'm just going to do this at TRU. I buy a lot of stuff there all the time and they're bound to have another Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal on games that I can use that $20 gift card in a few months.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Quck question about TrU's $20 card…

Anyone know if BB would price match this deal? I'd spend $20 more easily at BB than Toys. I don't even care about the shirt from BB.[/quote]

Just got off the phone with BB and they said they only match prices and not rebates for gift cards. He did mention that other local retailers might be willing to match these for me though. I'm not going to bother hunting anything down.

Anyone want to buy a $20 GC for cheap?

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Just got off the phone with BB and they said they only match prices and not rebates for gift cards. He did mention that other local retailers might be willing to match these for me though. I'm not going to bother hunting anything down.

Anyone want to buy a $20 GC for cheap?[/quote]

$20 gift card from BB?

Them changing the Circuit City deal to $5 from $10 makes me want to cancel the preorder.

I'll probably get it at Toys R Us now.

7.3 from ign, a 7.5 from gamespot, and a 3 out of 5 from giantbomb... not the scores i was hoping for. That means im waiting for it to hit the 30 dollar mark before i buy it.

7.8 for Wii version from IGN. Still...

I'm thinking wait for price drop, or the inevitable PC version that hopefully fixes some things.

bread's done
Back