Star Wars Galaxies PC $0.01 at EB (B&M)

varsitygamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Just as a heads up, I just got back from work and wanted to let you all know.

Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars Galaxies Collectors Edition, and Star Wars Galaxies Jump to Lightspeed are all pennied out as of today at EBgames. Sorry if this was already posted elsewhere but I didn't see it. Basically the fact that no one wants the game, and they recently released the Total Experience package, means these games got pennied out. Don't know if this will help anyone, but hopefully someone can find an EB that hasn't tossed theirs yet. (I got a JtLS expansion if anyone needs one)

~stew

Great my fiance is a manager at EBgames, I just asked her to bring a copy home. She was off today so I missed this. Thanks for the heads up!

Whoa...I'm...gonna go look for this.

[quote name='Derwood43']Is anyone able to pick up a copy for me? I'd make it worth your while.[/QUOTE]
I'll look.

wow, I already have it, but canceled months ago. I've thought of giving it a try, and this might be the ticket.

Although, with my WoW addiction...I don't know.

But a penny.......

I'm also addicted to WoW right now, but for a penny, what the hell. I'm going to EB right now to see if I can score a copy.

Edit - I just got back and I could tell they got rid of them all. In the rack above your head they had about 4 spaces missing whereas they usually keep that rack tight. It was right next to the Total Experience boxes. Jerks...

I had to throw away two copies yesterday; I asked my boss if my coworker and I could each have one since they were going to go in the trash anyway. He wouldn't let us take them...meanie.

[quote name='vietgurl']I had to throw away two copies yesterday; I asked my boss if my coworker and I could each have one since they were going to go in the trash anyway. He wouldn't let us take them...meanie.[/QUOTE]

What an ass! I doubt he is going to give you the tickets for Fantasic 4 too, huh?

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']For a penny, I can't go wrong with this game. I'll be sure to drop by EB today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...[/QUOTE]
can you PLEASE pick me up a copy?

[quote name='Scoobert']What an ass! I doubt he is going to give you the tickets for Fantasic 4 too, huh?[/QUOTE]

What tickets for Fantastic 4???????

My manager is the type of guy who takes everything that the store is given; last year, the store was given a copy of Metroid Prime 2 and also a box of goodies from Microsoft...somehow all I managed to get my hands on is a copy of Fable that my manager's dog had chewed up and I was the only person in the store to get anything. (the disc was fine, doggy had only gotten to the case)

I don't get him...he does that to us but won't let us take games that are going in the trash? If it was something I thought I would play, I would have gone into the dumpster, haha.

I'm gonna go hunt at the other EB stores around here today though to see if they haven't thrown the copies out; if I find some, I can give them away to anyone who wants one provided they pay the shipping.

Hah........ the ol' employee privelage. Friend of mine works in the store that I managed for 2 years... he brought me a copy of each. Woot!

[quote name='vietgurl']What tickets for Fantastic 4???????

My manager is the type of guy who takes everything that the store is given; last year, the store was given a copy of Metroid Prime 2 and also a box of goodies from Microsoft...somehow all I managed to get my hands on is a copy of Fable that my manager's dog had chewed up and I was the only person in the store to get anything. (the disc was fine, doggy had only gotten to the case)

I don't get him...he does that to us but won't let us take games that are going in the trash? If it was something I thought I would play, I would have gone into the dumpster, haha.

I'm gonna go hunt at the other EB stores around here today though to see if they haven't thrown the copies out; if I find some, I can give them away to anyone who wants one provided they pay the shipping.[/QUOTE]

The manager isn't supposed to keep everything. Just because something is addressed to him doesn't mean he gets all the freebies. When the new Fire Emblem came out, we received a promotional one. I ended up getting since I'm the only one who plays GBA games.

About Fantastic 4, did you get any preorders at your store? Pre-orders get a free ticket to see the movie. The thing is, we had maybe 4-5 pre-orders and received 15 tickets. Manager called the DM to make sure it was ok and we're getting a ticket for each of us.

I even got the Conker plush doll, which freaking rocks by the way!

Just curious, does your store have any PSP's left?

vietgurl! I used to have a manager that would do that... he got fired about a year back now. He was a real dick, and would keep all the promotional games and stuff (like your manager, he kept the whole Christmas microsoft package, and there was no trickle down) for himself. However, he kept us longer than we were scheduled for without pay... so that, and the fact that he lost 15 systems (about 11 ps2s and 4 xboxes during the christmas season two years back) meant he got the axe.

the new manager we got was real personable and down to earth... we're all on the level now. not a single pre-order of FF in our store, so we split up the tickets among those who were planning on seeing it, and I got about six :D I can't believe your manager actually makes you throw away pennied out goods. That's absurd.

~stew

[quote name='varsitygamer']so that, and the fact that he lost 15 systems (about 11 ps2s and 4 xboxes during the christmas season two years back) meant he got the axe.
~stew[/QUOTE]Wow, how the hell does one "lose" more than a dozen systems? :whistle2:s

All I saw was the Jump to Light Speed expansion at one of the EBGames, I bought it for a penny, but I can't play it. :(

I might try to hit up another EBGames to see if I'll be able to find the actual game.

I wouldn't buy this game, even for a penny. But I guess it is worth it to try the game for a month for those who haven't yet. I am just a former player who is still bitter at paying $50 for this game near release. Okay continue, ignore my threadcrap.

Well, I just got back from EB (after a long and nauseating workout) and no luck. They didn't have any copies of the three. I would assume, since not one was left, that they were either trashed or somebody got there before me. Oh well, not a must have game anyway. I probably would have just ended up giving it away to somebody here anyway.

ok just called EB games of chantilly, fair oaks mall, the two manassas (all in Northern VA)..man that fair oaks mall store nears to really get there act together and give better customer service...anyways seems im 24 hrs late as they were all suppose to be destroyed (meh if I had known yesterday)...seems SOE wants us to buy the TE pack instead of the others..would have been nice to give my alt jtl to get around but oh well.....it was worth the try..thanks man.

Damn, I guess it's too late :( I was gonna buy this game too.

Anyone got an extra copy lying around? I'll buy it ;x

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Why? You know they were probably sitting on the shelf still.[/QUOTE]

Cause I don't have CAG access on my Cell phone to read this stuff while on the road silly :p.

[quote name='Takumi']Damn, I guess it's too late :( I was gonna buy this game too.

Anyone got an extra copy lying around? I'll buy it ;x[/QUOTE]
^^^^ yea, same here.

Well, I stopped by an EB tonight, and as I walked in, I saw 3 employees taking inventory, so I knew I was out of luck. I did manage to snag Cake "Prolonging the Magic" for under $2, so it wasn't a total loss. I'm so glad EB started selling audio cds.

For a brief moment just now, I was worried that it might have been the "clean" version, but it isn't. Whew.

To be honest, I would help someone out here but I'm too lazy to package everything up and go to the post office. Ended up getting Collector's Edition and the expansion pack.

[quote name='Scoobert']To be honest, I would help someone out here but I'm too lazy to package everything up and go to the post office. Ended up getting Collector's Edition and the expansion pack.[/QUOTE]
I'll pay you for everything and a little extra for your trouble ;x I checked 3 EBs and none of them had it >.

whoa it looks like other places like Best buy and Gamestop are completely getting rid of the main game and the expansion (JTL) in favor of the total experiance pack..funny Microcenter still sells the expansion for 20 bucks...SOE really pulled a fast one with this move. Came out of no where.

I checked BB and CC today (Gamespot was closed ;x) but they didn't have it. Buy me one and I'll buy it off you :p

Ugh...all I got was the Jump to Lightspeed expansion pack. I can't use it (don't have the game), but the EB clerk said that he was gonna throw it away right then and there if I didn't take it, and I didn't want to see it tossed. Oh, well. I sure do wish they'd had the Collector's Edition.

bread's done
Back