Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 1 BLU-RAY $32.99 on Amazon.com

Was $34.99 in the last week or so. Nice to see it drop it in price again. Walmart dropped it to $32.86, so this must be Amazon's response.

So to clarify Amazon will not price guarantee after I purchased right? You think your getting a good deal pre-ordering, then you get zinged a day later.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']So to clarify Amazon will not price guarantee after I purchased right? You think your getting a good deal pre-ordering, then you get zinged a day later.[/QUOTE]

it is better to pre order any movies you like now since you get the lowest price Amazon offers since your order date.

edit: i take back what i said in this case. i didn't know it is already released.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']So to clarify Amazon will not price guarantee after I purchased right? You think your getting a good deal pre-ordering, then you get zinged a day later.[/QUOTE]They used to, though sometimes you can get them to do it post-purchase. It's a crapshoot, though sometimes you get lucky on it.

Yeah, I would be pissed if I didn't have a goldbox discount. Only ended up costing me .27 cents more than the price it is right now.

Gosh, this one is nice eye candy, but the original Clone Wars series from a few years back was so much better. They need to release that on BD.

I just picked up the movie for $8 or so off of the marketplace and was very pleasantly surprised. I want this set, but I figure I'll hold out a bit for a sub-$30 price - $25 or so would be ideal. Maybe it'll go on sale Black Friday.

[quote name='turls']Gosh, this one is nice eye candy, but the original Clone Wars series from a few years back was so much better. They need to release that on BD.[/QUOTE]

forgive my ignorance, but isn't this the same Clone Wars series that was on TV? or were you referring to the Clone Wars flash animation that was only on the web? or am i totally out of line and just confusing myself?

[quote name='basis']forgive my ignorance, but isn't this the same Clone Wars series that was on TV? or were you referring to the Clone Wars flash animation that was only on the web? or am i totally out of line and just confusing myself?[/QUOTE]
The original Clone Wars was done by the guy that made Samurai Jack. Each episode was like a beautifully animated silent film(with sound effects).

This new one is CG animated with some funky art style that looks pretty damn ugly most of the time, but its Star Wars.

Is this show actually any good. The CG movie was pretty weak and I have feeling that this is just more of the same.

[quote name='LeRoy']Is this show actually any good. The CG movie was pretty weak and I have feeling that this is just more of the same.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that the series is actually much better than the terrible movie that came out last year. I purchased it based on those reviews and hopefully they're right.

Huh, I just ordered this on Tuesday when it was $34.99. Just sent off an email to Amazon asking for a price match, since I haven't even received the item yet.
[quote name='LeRoy']Is this show actually any good. The CG movie was pretty weak and I have feeling that this is just more of the same.[/QUOTE]
This show is brilliant. It's one of those 'kids will like it, but so will the adults' sort of things. It's a sci-fi war TV show set in the Star Wars universe, and it embraces the violence of war (at least, what they can get away with on TV). The second season recently started on Cartoon Network. If you're curious, just watch a few eps there, and see if you like it.

Hmm...I may rent it. I almost never purchase TV shows because the replay value is very low for me.

[quote name='Keen314']Huh, I just ordered this on Tuesday when it was $34.99. Just sent off an email to Amazon asking for a price match, since I haven't even received the item yet.[/QUOTE]
Darn it, Amazon won't price match.

bread's done
Back