Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta for IGN Prime members

My free trial also expired :( Oh well, I just got an e-mail saying I was accepted into it, Does anyone know how to download the beta?

Basically, if you've already signed up for the beta, they're going to invite you sometime in the coming month. No beta testing is actually happening right now, this is just meant to guarantee you passage into the beta sometime between now and the release date. You cannot download the client or game right now, all we can do is wait for further instruction.

BEta testing IS actually happening right now (I'm in it), but not the one people are getting emails for. That'll probably be next week, or the weekend after Thanksgiving.

I never canceled my free trial, but every time I try to log in, I get booted back to the page where they tell you how great prime is and that you should join. What gives?

How long was the free trial for again? I thought it was a month. If it was only 2 weeks though, mine has run out as well. I signed up on Oct 28.

Edit: OK, apparently I tried to create a second account for the free prime trial, but I never went all the way through with it. I was trying to log in with that second account. After using the correct account, I was able to log into prime. Unfortunately, I still run into a problem when I try to get a key. Even though I'm logged into prime and my account is still active, when I click on the button to get the bata key, up pops a window telling me that i have to be a prime member to get the key and that i should join. I take that to mean that the free trial isn't good enough to get the key. Oh well, now beta for me I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']I never canceled my free trial, but every time I try to log in, I get booted back to the page where they tell you how great prime is and that you should join. What gives?

How long was the free trial for again? I thought it was a month. If it was only 2 weeks though, mine has run out as well. I signed up on Oct 28.

Edit: OK, apparently I tried to create a second account for the free prime trial, but I never went all the way through with it. I was trying to log in with that second account. After using the correct account, I was able to log into prime. Unfortunately, I still run into a problem when I try to get a key. Even though I'm logged into prime and my account is still active, when I click on the button to get the bata key, up pops a window telling me that i have to be a prime member to get the key and that i should join. I take that to mean that the free trial isn't good enough to get the key. Oh well, now beta for me I guess.[/QUOTE]

How do you get a 2nd free IGN Prime Trial.

[quote name='tcbys']How do you get a 2nd free IGN Prime Trial.[/QUOTE]

At the moment, I don't think that they're offering a free trial. So it's impossible now. Back when the free trials were available, it was as simple as creating a second IGN account and providing a different payment than you did for the first free trial. They made you provide a payment method so that they could charge you once your free month was up.

It was back during the period that the free trial was available that I tried to create a second account to get a second free prime trial (I probably should have been more clear on that). I got as far as providing the payment method when I stopped. The first time I signed up for the free trial I gave them my Paypal account. If I did a second trial, I would have had to give them my Debit card number. That's what stopped me. I just didn't want a second set of free codes bad enough to give IGN my debit card number.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back