Star Wars: The Old Republic Collecters Ed. IN STOCK $149.95

My Best Buy had a dozen of these on an endcap the other day. Don't think this is at all rare. Hoping for a clearence to hit in a few months.

It's only 5 cents off the price I've always heard for this, anyway.

So it hasn't bit the dust yet.

[quote name='Kidd.o']It's only 5 cents off the price I've always heard for this, anyway.

So it hasn't bit the dust yet.[/QUOTE]

It is in the sense that its not limited. Once again they did the cutting off reservations thing trying to make it seem like the CE would be limited and then its still available 1 month after launch. The next step will be the inevitable price drop to $100 or $120.

Oh, didn't think of it that way. Guess you're right.

My brother is playing this and really enjoys it, but don't think he's going to leave WoW for it.

I've seen several of these at my local Target stores recently in the clearance endcaps marked down to around $105!

Woah really Trumpet? I have not seen much luck.

I think I'd jump on this for $100, but if they lowered it down to $60 I'd pull the trigger.

I was at a Target in Columbus Ohio and they had one clearanced down to $104. Though it's possible it may have been a return. Appeared to be completely sealed though.

BB, GS and Frys all had these in stock this past week when I was in those stores, I would wait, they are bound to drop in price, the game is not doing too well atm I know quite a few people that have quit including myself.

Finally shipped my June 2011 preorder back to Amazon, paying for return shipping. Return window closes tomorrow.

I was under the impression this would be limited, so $150 would be justified. It has some cool stuff, but not worth $150 if it's this overproduced. I didn't get around to opening it during Christmas vacation, so no point paying a premium being this far behind already. I'll pick it up again if/when I find the time.

before buying this game i recommend you check the websites forums ->customer support.

the threads are awful and there is no help and even high end gaming pcs are having trouble running this game. the warzone and group dungeons utilize 0% gpu on many high end and medium range graphic cards. also their customer support is a joke. skip this.

[quote name='akuma77']before buying this game i recommend you check the websites forums ->customer support.

the threads are awful and there is no help and even high end gaming pcs are having trouble running this game. the warzone and group dungeons utilize 0% gpu on many high end and medium range graphic cards. also their customer support is a joke. skip this.[/QUOTE]

I've played for over a month, and I haven't had any issues. The one time I had to open a ticket for something they responded fairly quickly. I am sure there are issues, but probably no more than any other MMO at launch.

[quote name='bdb2m']I've played for over a month, and I haven't had any issues. The one time I had to open a ticket for something they responded fairly quickly. I am sure there are issues, but probably no more than any other MMO at launch.[/QUOTE]

The people that don't like it tend to exaggerate a lot, which isn't really any better than what fanboys do on the other side. I do feel that one should always do at least a bit of research before investing in any MMO, though.

EA/Bioware support of this game is pretty subpar. You send in a ticket, and you get some "Droid" responding to you on topics tha thave nothing to do with you sent in the ticket about. I don't think their support staff can speak or read English very well and just send canned notes tied to some random word in your ticket...

Having said that, my technical issues have been minor, and my build is almost five years old, about to be replaced.

As one that had FPS issues, it's NOT exaggerated. I run a fairly good spec'd laptop. I was FINE before one of their patches (70-90 FPS, 30-40 on fleet). Their patch dropped me to nothingness (20-30, 10-20).

Barely functional.

It was BAD.

I won't say that all games start well but THUS far the hole keeps getting bigger, specifically at Bioware's doing.

Everyone should check their local Target stores. I got a copy of the Collector's Edition for $105 (after tax) on clearance since it was an online item only and they had two they couldn't move. This is super duper YMMV but it's worth a shot.

bread's done
Back